!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM 2008 NFL DRAFT THREAD !!!

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='658646' date='Apr 26 2008, 06:47 PM']wow after reading the report on this guy

im gonna be sick

he lacks speed

not great route runner

doesnt block

:huh:[/quote]
According to NFLDraftCountdown he gives good effort as a blocker.

I like this pick.

I could give two craps that PFW has him ranked for the 3rd round or so and so has him #82 out of 100. No one remembers that crap. They obviously like the guy better than the other guys on the board and we need that position. And I keep hearing he doesn't have speed, Kiper just said he ran a 4.42.

I don't know how you can be so disappointed in the pick if you were rooting for a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658648' date='Apr 26 2008, 05:48 PM']I will blame Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.

Limas Sweed
Malcolm Kelly
DeSean Jackson
etc. etc.etc.[/quote]

Blame them all you want.

Fact is, if Henry wasn't a dumbass, and Chad wasn't a greedy fucker,
we wouldn't have drafted a WR in the 2nd round, if at all.

Also, the Simpson is now a Bengal. This team has been pretty good
at drafting WRs in the 2nd and 3rd round. But he's not who you wanted,
so he must be a "reach and/or garbage".

Whatever . . .

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='658621' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:42 PM']open mouth, insert foot B)[/quote]

You asked for it, boyo. :)

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658648' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:48 PM']I will blame Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.

Limas Sweed
Malcolm Kelly
DeSean Jackson
etc. etc.etc.[/quote]

Names and big school hype...Mean nothing at draft time. Obviously, the draft sites have no clue.

I never cared for Laws. He has no upside, in my view.

BZ

[quote name='oldschooler' post='658669' date='Apr 26 2008, 06:55 PM']Blame them all you want.

Fact is, if Henry wasn't a dumbass, and Chad wasn't a greedy fucker,
we wouldn't have drafted a WR in the 2nd round, if at all.

Also, the Simpson is now a Bengal. This team has been pretty good
at drafting WRs in the 2nd and 3rd round. But he's not who you wanted,
so he must be a "reach and/or garbage".

Whatever . . .[/quote]

You're spot on today Old. I agree with all your posts.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='658678' date='Apr 27 2008, 09:59 AM']have any of Drew's clients been taken yet?[/quote]
don't think so

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='658680' date='Apr 27 2008, 09:59 AM']You're spot on today Old. I agree with all your posts.[/quote]

he's always spot on. he's the voice of reason in this madhouse B)

We could have had
1-Rivers- starting WLB by year end
2-Mendenhall-starting RB by year end
3-Sweed-starting WR by year end
and got rid of our huge headache.

Instead we got
1-Rivers
2-Simpson-reach from a small school who was not even that productive on his level.
and still have the albatross who is Chad Johnson

[quote](Rotoworld) Bengals selected Coastal Carolina WR Jerome Simpson with the No. 47 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Impact: Who? The small school prospect is a classic size/speed combination with incredible tools. But with Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, DeSean Jackson, and Mario Manningham on the board, it's shocking the Bengals would ignore defense and go with a developmental prospect. Simpson is someone to watch ala Vincent Jackson, but he will take time. As a rookie, he'll compete for the third receiver job.[/quote]
[url="http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2004/view_news_article?L=10117&ID=200804261947"]http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2004/v...ID=200804261947[/url]

41 Receptions for 697 yds during his senior campaign....at Coastal Carolina. Best you can do????

Jesus F'n Christ. It will take quite a while to forget about this. Everytime Mendenhall busts through the middle of our defense and we can't pass for a first down on 3rd and 5, I will be reminded of the front office's lack of mental capacity.

Archived