Bears waive Benson after latest arrest

Traded that bastard for Maurice Jones-Drew mid-season last year in a keeper fantasy league...

Whew! Damn did I dodge a bullet with that one. He's done. Wasn't ever worth a shit as he was behind Thomas Jones his first two years and then last year he sucked pretty much all season. Now, he's unemployed.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='671747' date='Jun 9 2008, 09:48 PM']Their front office must not care about winning. :mellow:[/quote]

Yet another broken record who goes around calling other people broken records. :rolleyes:

But, at the risk of acknowledging your douchebaggary, I'll respond...

The Bengals front office most certainly and obviously DOES NOT hold winning as its top priority. Thats why NON CAP RELATED EXPENDITURES or lackthereof, are self-handicaps imposed direct from the front office.

[b]"Sacrifice and do whatever it takes to be world champions."[/b] Thats the philosophy you want to hear. And the Bengals front office is pretty f'n far from that philosophy.

Somebody PLEASE use the "Redskins Defense" now... please. :lol:

But by all means CT, don't let me interrupt your broken ass record, already in progress.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='671840' date='Jun 10 2008, 10:49 AM']Yet another broken record who goes around calling other people broken records. :rolleyes:

The Bengals front office most certainly and obviously DOES NOT hold winning as its top priority. Thats why NON CAP RELATED EXPENDITURES or lackthereof, are self-handicaps imposed direct from the front office.

[b]"Sacrifice and do whatever it takes to be world champions."[/b] Thats the philosophy you want to hear. And the Bengals front office is pretty f'n far from that philosophy.

But by all means CT, don't let me interrupt your broken ass record, already in progress.[/quote]

how many other front offices are like that though? Yea the Bengals have their problems, but let's not pretend that the other 31 teams are doing everything it takes. The Bengals like I'm sure most of the teams of course hold winning as a priority but cap it at a price. Is that price less than other teams and less than we would like? Sure. To imply that they don't have winning as a priority or that they are the only team not doing enough is basically admitting that you're being narrow-minded on the subject.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='671840' date='Jun 10 2008, 08:49 AM'][b]"Sacrifice and do whatever it takes to be world champions."[/b] Thats the philosophy you want to hear. And the Bengals front office is pretty f'n far from that philosophy.[/quote]

Mike Brown has taken your words to heart and is mounting sniper stands in the press box even as we speak. 8-0 record at home here we come!

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='671840' date='Jun 10 2008, 10:49 AM']Yet another broken record who goes around calling other people broken records. :rolleyes:

But by all means CT, don't let me interrupt your broken ass record, already in progress.[/quote]

:lol:

Ah yes, it gets a little old hearing the same old same old time after time doesn't it... From the sound of that post it would seem that its crawling under the skin a little. Just maybe? :D I think the world would seem to be less "douchebaggary" when you do the same.

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='671944' date='Jun 10 2008, 09:17 PM']:lol:

Ah yes, it gets a little old hearing the same old same old time after time doesn't it... From the sound of that post it would seem that its crawling under the skin a little. Just maybe? :D I think the world would seem to be less "douchebaggary" when you do the same.[/quote]

I have always maintained that each facet or category of football fan is a "broken record" in the accused sense here.

I don't care who you are. Site owner, admin, homer, troll, whoever. If you have been posting here for a few years...unless you flip/flop/flip/flop... you are a broken fucking record.

Naturally, the "die hard head in the sand homer" variety of broken record would certainly garner more favor on a football message board, make no mistake.

But there are a LOT of "broken records" here, including every regular poster here, I'll put it that way.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='671964' date='Jun 10 2008, 09:58 PM']Doesn't change the fact that the Bears did THE EXACT same thing you slammed the Bengals endlessly for doing (OH LOL TIL WE REALIZED ODELL FAILED A DRUG TEST AND THERE WAS A REASON WE RELEASED HIM). :loser:[/quote]

[img]http://static.flickr.com/18/69782934_85ba14677f_m.jpg[/img]

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='671947' date='Jun 10 2008, 08:21 PM']I have always maintained that each facet or category of football fan is a "broken record" in the accused sense here.

I don't care who you are. Site owner, admin, homer, troll, whoever. If you have been posting here for a few years...unless you flip/flop/flip/flop... you are a broken fucking record.

Naturally, the "die hard head in the sand homer" variety of broken record would certainly garner more favor on a football message board, make no mistake.

But there are a LOT of "broken records" here, including every regular poster here, I'll put it that way.[/quote]

I would have to disagree with you adamantly on your points. Obviously there are people out there that do find a subject to chime in on time and time again in some sort of vain mission to convert everyone to there bias opinion. But I don't think everyone is like that. Take me for example. I would wager that you wouldn't find many duplicate posts that I've made, let alone danced to the tune of a "broken record". Check my posts , if you like.

As well, your missing the point. That or your trying to change the subject. Either way the point being made wasn't about CT, me, or anyone else that created threads talking about "didn't even trade them" to be a "broken record". It's about a person pushing this board's willingness to put up with "douchebaggary".

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong here. Some of your posts are well thought out and quite frankly lucid. I think the board is trying to make a point to you, just like you are to them. Vanity anyone? (Me included)

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='671967' date='Jun 10 2008, 10:14 PM']I would have to disagree with you adamantly on your points. Obviously there are people out there that do find a subject to chime in on time and time again in some sort of vain mission to convert everyone to there bias opinion. But I don't think everyone is like that. Take me for example. I would wager that you wouldn't find many duplicate posts that I've made, let alone danced to the tune of a "broken record". Check my posts , if you like.[/quote]

You won't find me making duplicate posts either. Go ahead...try, if you like. Thats not what we are talking about here.

Football, lets face it, there really isn't much "new under the sun" as they say. Sure the people and numbers change. But thats about it. Most people's view of their home team, and what type of "fan' they are...well that doesn't really change either.

So my point is, if you think the Bengals are Super Bowl bound right now, you probably felt the same way at this time last year, the year before, etc. If you think they have glaring issues stemming from the front office's lack of priority to winning, then you probably felt the same way last year at this time as well.

Basically, if you take the pronouns and numbers out of the equation, very little, if anything changes. People say I am negative about the Bengals. But if you look at the team by the numbers and pronouns, they have been lousy a lot more than they have been good. Even last season. 7-9. Or, more simply by numbers, 7 GOOD 9 BAD. If you are OBJECTIVELY commenting on the Bengals, then by definition, there is no way you can be more positive than negative.

Unless you are orange candy coating it. Which is fine. But, as I have always said, I just call em as I see em and try to remain objective. If your team does shitty pretty much every year and you are being objective, then I suspect you will come off as negative.

Now, the "fans" who ignore the Bengals glaring issues. Those are the ones that probably should have me on ignore. Nothing wrong with them. I mean, the world needs cheerleaders too... but when the men are discussing and critiquing the positives AND negatives of a franchise with the track record and forecast of the Cincinnati Bengals....

Well, lets just say I find cheerleaders to be at the top of the "broken record" list.

[quote]As well, your missing the point. That or your trying to change the subject. Either way the point being made wasn't about CT, me, or anyone else that created threads talking about "didn't even trade them" to be a "broken record". It's about a person pushing this board's willingness to put up with "douchebaggary".[/quote]

I find blind homerism coupled with intolerance of other's opinions to be the ultimate douchebaggary, but apparently many here feel differently.

[quote]EDIT:

Don't get me wrong here. Some of your posts are well thought out and quite frankly lucid. I think the board is trying to make a point to you, just like you are to them. Vanity anyone? (Me included)[/quote]

If by the "board" you mean the 5 or 6 loudest posters who always come-a-bashing as soon as I hit the reply key, then I am well aware of their "point." And I can understand. Take this season for example. ONCE AGAIN, I feel they just don't have the horses. Too many mistakes. Too much hand wringing. Too little talent, depth, and infrastructure. My 8-8 prediction is being optimistic. They are soft in the middle on D, too dependant on rookies, and are with a 1st year DC and LB coach.

Cheerleaders don't like objective analysis and never have.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='672009' date='Jun 11 2008, 08:20 AM']You won't find me making duplicate posts either. Go ahead...try, if you like. Thats not what we are talking about here.

Football, lets face it, there really isn't much "new under the sun" as they say. Sure the people and numbers change. But thats about it. Most people's view of their home team, and what type of "fan' they are...well that doesn't really change either.

So my point is, if you think the Bengals are Super Bowl bound right now, you probably felt the same way at this time last year, the year before, etc. If you think they have glaring issues stemming from the front office's lack of priority to winning, then you probably felt the same way last year at this time as well.

Basically, if you take the pronouns and numbers out of the equation, very little, if anything changes. People say I am negative about the Bengals. But if you look at the team by the numbers and pronouns, they have been lousy a lot more than they have been good. Even last season. 7-9. Or, more simply by numbers, 7 GOOD 9 BAD. If you are OBJECTIVELY commenting on the Bengals, then by definition, there is no way you can be more positive than negative.

Unless you are orange candy coating it. Which is fine. But, as I have always said, I just call em as I see em and try to remain objective. If your team does shitty pretty much every year and you are being objective, then I suspect you will come off as negative.

Now, the "fans" who ignore the Bengals glaring issues. Those are the ones that probably should have me on ignore. Nothing wrong with them. I mean, the world needs cheerleaders too... but when the men are discussing and critiquing the positives AND negatives of a franchise with the track record and forecast of the Cincinnati Bengals....

Well, lets just say I find cheerleaders to be at the top of the "broken record" list.

I find blind homerism coupled with intolerance of other's opinions to be the ultimate douchebaggary, but apparently many here feel differently.

If by the "board" you mean the 5 or 6 loudest posters who always come-a-bashing as soon as I hit the reply key, then I am well aware of their "point." And I can understand. Take this season for example. ONCE AGAIN, I feel they just don't have the horses. Too many mistakes. Too much hand wringing. Too little talent, depth, and infrastructure. My 8-8 prediction is being optimistic. They are soft in the middle on D, too dependant on rookies, and are with a 1st year DC and LB coach.

Cheerleaders don't like objective analysis and never have.[/quote]

because you're tolerable of other people's opinions and just state the objectively obvious and don't try to stir up shit, right?

I love it when posters play the "I'm just calling it as I see it and being objective" card when they get exposed for what they are.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='672016' date='Jun 11 2008, 11:41 PM']because you're tolerable of other people's opinions and just state the objectively obvious and don't try to stir up shit, right?

I love it when posters play the "I'm just calling it as I see it and being objective" card when they get exposed for what they are.[/quote]
oh shit, that mess you replied to was humorous... :D

though i wish you fuckers would put that douchebag on ignore like i did so i never had to read any more of his unholy BS <_<

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='672018' date='Jun 11 2008, 08:45 AM']oh shit, that mess you replied to was humorous... :D

though i wish you fuckers would put that douchebag on ignore like i did so i never had to read any more of his unholy BS <_<[/quote]

I don't believe in putting people on ignore. We should all be able to agree and disagree without it getting to the point where people aren't being mature enough for others to be able to read their posts.

Ludwig can be insightful and bring a good perspective when he wants to. Many times though, he's just here to stir up shit and try and get under people's skin, whether he wants to admit that or not.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='672020' date='Jun 11 2008, 11:50 PM']I don't believe in putting people on ignore. We should all be able to agree and disagree without it getting to the point where people aren't being mature enough for others to be able to read their posts.

Ludwig can be insightful and bring a good perspective when he wants to. Many times though, he's just here to stir up shit and try and get under people's skin, whether he wants to admit that or not.[/quote]
The only 2 folks I've ever put on ignore are him and A-Hole-Bag-o-Wind (Thurman Munster). I didn't do it so much for my own benefit, but so others were not subjected to my constantly needing to point out how fucking moronic the two of them could be...

I haven't learned a damn thing from either of them, except how I don't want to act. :shrug:

Though if you're capable of intelligent debate with either/both, more power to you. ;)

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='671967' date='Jun 10 2008, 10:14 PM']I would have to disagree with you adamantly on your points. Obviously there are people out there that do find a subject to chime in on time and time again in some sort of vain mission to convert everyone to there bias opinion. But I don't think everyone is like that. Take me for example. I would wager that you wouldn't find many duplicate posts that I've made, let alone danced to the tune of a "broken record". Check my posts , if you like.

As well, your missing the point. That or your trying to change the subject. Either way the point being made wasn't about CT, me, or anyone else that created threads talking about "didn't even trade them" to be a "broken record". It's about a person pushing this board's willingness to put up with "douchebaggary".

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong here. Some of your posts are well thought out and quite frankly lucid. I think the board is trying to make a point to you, just like you are to them. Vanity anyone? (Me included)[/quote]

Spot on B 12th Man!

:applaud:

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='672021' date='Jun 11 2008, 10:01 AM']The only 2 folks I've ever put on ignore are him and A-Hole-Bag-o-Wind (Thurman Munster). I didn't do it so much for my own benefit, but so others were not subjected to my constantly needing to point out how fucking moronic the two of them could be...

I haven't learned a damn thing from either of them, except how I don't want to act. :shrug:

Though if you're capable of intelligent debate with either/both, more power to you. ;)[/quote]

You're such a badass!!!

:badger:

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='672021' date='Jun 11 2008, 10:01 AM']The only 2 folks I've ever put on ignore are him and A-Hole-Bag-o-Wind (Thurman Munster). I didn't do it so much for my own benefit, but so others were not subjected to my constantly needing to point out how fucking moronic the two of them could be...

Though if you're capable of intelligent debate with either/both, more power to you. ;)[/quote]

This is an example of a guy who should probably have me on his ignore list. Probably takes CityBeat out of Krogers locations too, "so that others don't have to look at that trash."

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='672009' date='Jun 11 2008, 08:20 AM']You won't find me making duplicate posts either. Go ahead...try, if you like. Thats not what we are talking about here.

Cheerleaders don't like objective analysis and never have.[/quote]

I understand what you mean in terms of attitude towards a fans respective teams. That runs hand in hand with ones attitude in life. It's only the core of a person's idiom and can only be changed by a revelation from within, and epiphany if you will. Once again, this has no play in the discussion at hand. The fact that you keep bringing it up makes me think your not nearly as smart as you like to type it. Can you set that down for a minute, are you capable?

The majority of this board are homers, me included. I think our posters feel that those who bash the homers time after time are the biggest kind of "douchebaggary" there is. You are in minority, make no mistake. By the collective board I mean more so the vast majority of the mods/admins here. I feel the board was a better place when you left "for good" the first time.

I digress....

Anyways I am done with this. I truly hope you garner something from my posts.

Archived