What do you do for a living?

bengalfanga

I have seen threads on here for age and where you are from so I am starting this one on what you do for a living. I know by many of the posts we have a lot of students on here but alot of adults too.

Myself? I am a Guidance counselor in a high school in south florida. Taught 8 years before becoming a guidance cousnelor. Also work as a guidance cousnelor in night school helping those who have dropped out ( or been kicked out ) of day school get their GED and those new to FL get into English classes.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Apr 1 2005, 09:31 AM']Software Engineer working on the software that helps to mobilize the US Army Reserve and US Army National Guard during time of war.
[right][post="70492"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I guess you've been a busy man the past 4 years.

[quote name='Ben' date='Apr 1 2005, 10:38 AM']I guess you've been a busy man the past 4 years.
[right][post="70495"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest sigfox77
[quote name='TheBZ' date='Apr 1 2005, 10:45 AM']I'm the Supply Officer for a Cruise Ship.

[b]Translation:[/b] [i]I make sure that no one runs out of steak, liquor, towels or toilet paper on their cruise.[/i]

BZ
[right][post="70519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I am travel agent soon to be Law school student....enjoy the board...it keeps me occupied at work

[quote name='TheBZ' date='Apr 1 2005, 11:45 AM']I'm the Supply Officer for a Cruise Ship.

[b]Translation:[/b] [i]I make sure that no one runs out of steak, liquor, towels or toilet paper on their cruise.[/i]

BZ
[right][post="70519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

BZ, where do you cruise? 1,000 islands area mostly?

The Canadian Empress travels the length of the glorious St. Lawrence River, and a segment of the Ottawa River...Starting in Kingston, and ending up either in Ottawa or Quebec City. (Depending on the trip)

Yes...The 1000 Islands plays a huge part of the trip. I live in Kingston, which is basically where Lake Ontario becomes the St. Lawrence River.

Our passengers are generally retired couples...40% from Canada, and 60% U.S. The rates are surprisingly similar to a 6-7 Caribbean trip. However, it's very rustic, intimate, and the scenery is fantastic. (IMO)

I started out working on the ship (as a mate), but since my wife forebade me from becoming a career sailor, I opted for the Operations Management side.

That's all I've got, except for this final bit:

[url="http://www.stlawrencecruiselines.com/"]St. Lawrence Cruise Lines[/url]

Tell your Grandparents... :blink:

BZ

Archived