Sarah Palin to be McCain's VP Candidate

Chris Henrys Dealer

- Less experience than Obama (with McCain being as old as he is, that is important)
+ However it may take the teeth out of Biden as an attack dog, as he will look like the guy picking on the woman
- though that could be spun as she isnt tough

this election is going to be interesting

Question please, when is the last time a 2 senator ticket won the presidency?

I googled, but can't seem to find anything.

I know I've read a bunch of stories indicating how the American public by and large likes to vote in Governors to the Presidency. So was just wondering when there have been instances of a two senator ticket paying off.

I guess she's strongly pro-life. So that is a crumb to the religious part of the party. Admitted she smoked dope, when it was legal in Alaska.

On CNBC, the pick is getting slammed by the talking heads they have on right now.

I know nothing about her, but if nothing else, it's an interesting chess move considering the McCain camp was saying playing the "Hillary was dissed" card via commercial last week. It looks like they're hoping for the disenfranchised Hillary supporter vote as well as locking up the swing state soccer moms. After the Democratic convention, I don't know how effective this will be, however.

Pick continuing to be slammed on CNBC...so far callers in have said

Woman Trader = I think it's a bad pick. They seem to think that all Hilary supporters will vote for her now, which is patronizing. She's pro-life and that will put off a lot of women.

Dude from Highmark Capital = Bad pick. McCain is 72 and has had skin cancer. In the event that something happens, I don't want someone so inexperienced running the country. Should have picked someone more experienced.

Waiting for Blowhard Kudlow to get his piece in.

This is certain to reduce the levelling of accusations by McCain against Obama for a lack of experience, when now McCain's own VP choice is just as inexperienced...and two heartbeats away from being the first woman president if McCain is elected.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='692693' date='Aug 29 2008, 09:16 AM']This is certain to reduce the levelling of accusations by McCain against Obama for a lack of experience, when now McCain's own VP choice is just as inexperienced...and two heartbeats away from being the first woman president if McCain is elected.[/quote]
I wasn't going to cast my vote for the McCain ticket regardless of his choice for veep, but I would nail his choice for veep. Very MILFY, and for that, I commend you John McCain!

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='692692' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:13 AM']Pick continuing to be slammed on CNBC...so far callers in have said

Woman Trader = I think it's a bad pick. They seem to think that all Hilary supporters will vote for her now, which is patronizing. [b]She's pro-life and that will put off a lot of women.[/b]

Dude from Highmark Capital = Bad pick. McCain is 72 and has had skin cancer. In the event that something happens, I don't want someone so inexperienced running the country. Should have picked someone more experienced.

Waiting for Blowhard Kudlow to get his piece in.[/quote]

Not as many as you would think. Women tend to be far more pro-life than men.

[quote name='Jason' post='692699' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:24 AM']Not as many as you would think. Women tend to be far more pro-life than men.[/quote]

I was just paraphrasing what the woman trader had said when they asked for her reaction. But based on my experiences in Canada and the UK, I found women to far more pro-choice. But that would of course differ region to region and could be different in the States.

CNBC will apparently be re-running the interview Maria Bartiromo had with Palin last week at 1 pm EST.

[b] :wuhh: :wuhh: :wuhh:

Bwaaaaaahhhhh ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truly hilarious ! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

With the chances of McCain living through his first term at about 50/50 … he just decided to choose the [size=3][color="#FF0000"]runner up for the Ms. Alaska Beauty Pageant[/color][/size] as his running mate!

[size=3]Qualifications for the Presidency:[/size]

- M.I.L.F.

- Hockey Mom of 5

- Telegenic

- Has a cooter

- Younger than even Obama

- Former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska 3 years ago

- Self described “feminist” who believes the government should control the contents of women’s vaginas

- Been governor for a little over a year

- Under investigation for using her office to try and fire her ex -brother-in-law from a state trooper's position.[/b]

[color="#0000FF"][b]President Obama here we come ! [/b][/color]

Interesting Pick. Complete Pander.

1) she has no international experience whatsoever
2) she was mayor of bumfuck alaska all of a couple years ago
3) she comes off in every interview as a complete know-nothing
4) the pick was obviously made because of the perceived impact of baracks speech and the need for securing the base and attempting to grab hillary supporters
5) she is under an ethical investigation

[quote]Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain ticket mate.
Palin replied: [b]“[A]s for that V.P. talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the V.P. does every day?[/b] I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that V.P .slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”[/quote]
LOL

[quote name='Jason' post='692699' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:24 AM']Not as many as you would think. Women tend to be far more pro-life than men.[/quote]
what world do you live in? i mean, if by "far more" you mean nearly identical then yea... spot on

this choice is laughably pathetic

Oil Trader from the NYMEX = She (Palin) knows more about offshore drilling and ANWAR than any other elected official in America. so this pick will be passed off as the Reps being serious about energy. Still would have liked someone with more experience, given McCain's age, but I'm not down on it as much as others. I think she knows energy well and is a capable person as can be seen with her negotiations with big oil and the cutting of the Alaska budget.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='692693' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:16 AM']This is certain to reduce the levelling of accusations by McCain against Obama for a lack of experience, when now McCain's own VP choice is just as inexperienced...and two heartbeats away from being the first woman president if McCain is elected.[/quote]
Not really. I would say experience in a VP means FAR less than experience in the President.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='692716' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:45 AM']Not really. I would say experience in a VP means FAR less than experience in the President.[/quote]

I think though, when age is such a factor as it is here with McCain, then your VP pick becomes much more important with regards to experience...

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='692718' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:48 AM']I think though, when age is such a factor as it is here with McCain, then your VP pick becomes much more important with regards to experience...[/quote]

The fact that many independents and Hillary supporters who have indicated they plan to vote McCain list experience as their primary motivation makes this puzzling.. I would think this pick would undermine that far more than they could hope to gain due to her being a woman.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='692716' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:45 AM']Not really. I would say experience in a VP means FAR less than experience in the President.[/quote]

[b]Not when the President is [size=4]72[/size] ... and could easily die of old age at any moment.[/b]

[b]If I was a conspiracist [i](even more than I already am) [/i]--- [color="#0000FF"]I would say that McCain just gave the election to Obama on purpose ![/color]

WTF !

it's almost like the G.O.P. thought ??? "Who's the least qualified Republican politican should McCain die" and then asked ... ok now eliminate all the men" ...

:lol: [/b]

I really thought it would be Romney. The Mormon stuff aside, he's an ex-Governor. been a success in pretty much everything he's done. Took a Massachusetts deficit and turned it into a surplus, so they could have really used that for traction. but perhaps Romney didn't want to do it as he see's another run.

Obama on the other hand, has to curb the amount of TV time his economic advisor Goolsbee is getting. Everytime he's been on Blomberg TV or CNBC in the last couple o weeks he's scared the bejesus out of the financial community.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='692716' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:45 AM']Not really. I would say experience in a VP means FAR less than experience in the President.[/quote]
Well, maybe historically speaking, but as others have already noted, she stands a decent shot of attaining the Presidency due to McCain's age. And I think the dynamic of the VP job has changed somewhat since Cheney. But maybe that's only if you have an easily manipulated nitwit as the President.

Archived