Marvin Lewis Fired?

History Lessons have never been big for the Bengals. Lets look

1991 Sam Wyche goes 0-8 to start the season - Fired after two loosing seasons and four winning ones (8-8 is a win here)
1992 Dave Shula goes 0-10 not fired
1993 Dave Shula goes 0-8 not fired
1994 Dave Shula goes 0-8 not fired until half way through 1995

2002 Dick Lebeau goes 0-7 fired after 6 loosing seasons

Now we are 0-7 and Lewis is only in his second loosing season..... So does he stay until 2010? or is Marivin Done?

Myself, I've had it with Him. Pack him up and send him on - I'm ready for some change and he can take Brat. with him!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='716439' date='Oct 21 2008, 05:24 PM']why would he be fired?[/quote]

Great deadpan comedy, Go. :lmao:

Oh, you're serious. :mellow:

[size=1][i]Just to get this out of the way, I guess I am a fan who doesn't understand anything making foolish posts.[/i][/size]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='716490' date='Oct 21 2008, 06:52 PM']ur a very smart man. u will come around soon.[/quote]

If Marvin can get the team to come around, I will come around. I want to believe in him, but I can't justify it with the facts on the ground anymore.

[quote name='Actium' post='716510' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:32 PM']If Marvin can get the team to come around, I will come around. I want to believe in him, but I can't justify it with the facts on the ground anymore.[/quote]

I dont think you can balme Marvin. To me, this started in the offseason, probably with Carsons comments and I think he was referring to Brat (could be wrong) follow that up with Chads drama and it had all the makings for a disaterous season. Too many distractions.

[quote name='sparky151' post='716518' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:38 PM']My view is that Brown pretty much publicly emasculated Marvin when he brought back Henry. I don't think the team is buying what Marvin is selling and its like the last days of the Butcher in Cleveland. Time for a change even if not much changes.[/quote]

that didnt help.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='716513' date='Oct 21 2008, 07:35 PM']I dont think you can balme Marvin. To me, this started in the offseason, probably with Carsons comments and I think he was referring to Brat (could be wrong) follow that up with Chads drama and it had all the makings for a disaterous season. Too many distractions.[/quote]

It started in 2006. Starting 3-0 and missing the playoffs. I'll give him a pass that year because it was 1 year removed from playoff berth, but the last 2 seasons? Ouch.

The man is a terrible in-game manager and can't motivate the team to win when it counts. Too many flat performances in big games, and on national TV.

He has not shown me he is a winner. Why there are posters who still would walk on their knees on broken glass, I can't imagine.

[quote name='Actium' post='716529' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:50 PM']It started in 2006. Starting 3-0 and missing the playoffs. I'll give him a pass that year because it was 1 year removed from playoff berth, but the last 2 seasons? Ouch.

The man is a terrible in-game manager and can't motivate the team to win when it counts. Too many flat performances in big games, and on national TV.

He has not shown me he is a winner. Why there are posters who still would walk on their knees on broken glass, I can't imagine.[/quote]

I think the lack of effort has come from the drama, they saw their HC get over ruled, the players see a different standard for guys like Henry and Ocho etc. and it has an affect.

[quote name='Actium' post='716529' date='Oct 21 2008, 07:50 PM']It started in 2006. Starting 3-0 and missing the playoffs. I'll give him a pass that year because it was 1 year removed from playoff berth, but the last 2 seasons? Ouch.

He has not shown me he is a winner. Why there are posters who still would walk on their knees on broken glass, I can't imagine.[/quote]

I thought he was a winner - but last year put me on the edge - putting our team back in the 90's with 0-7 plus starts - tells me that all the talent in the world is just that - talent - when you don't motivate the team - PB blew it with Chris H, not trading chad and now loosing TJ to FA - lets not forget S Graham to FA and giving no talent guys franchise tags and letting pro bowlers go - PB is a looser! I am not one to bitch or moan, i always have said that football is won or lost on any given sunday - i loved the movie - but this is pointless. I will still watch each week in hopes of some glimmer - but i don't feel the love - for all the tickets, jersey's, time spent, it's like a marriage - 15 years later you feel spent, wasted and alone. Thanks Paul -

[quote name='mhfinks' post='716537' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:17 PM']I thought he was a winner - but last year put me on the edge - putting our team back in the 90's with 0-7 plus starts - tells me that all the talent in the world is just that - talent - when you don't motivate the team - [b]PB[/b] blew it with Chris H, not trading chad and now loosing TJ to FA - lets not forget S Graham to FA and giving no talent guys franchise tags and letting pro bowlers go - [b]PB is a looser[/b]! I am not one to bitch or moan, i always have said that football is won or lost on any given sunday - i loved the movie - but this is pointless. I will still watch each week in hopes of some glimmer - but i don't feel the love - for all the tickets, jersey's, time spent, it's like a marriage - 15 years later you feel spent, wasted and alone. [b]Thanks Paul [/b]-[/quote]

I feel like you should learn the name of the owner of the team before you criticize. :shrug:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='716544' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:06 PM']I feel like you should learn the name of the owner of the team before you criticize. :shrug:[/quote]

Mike Brown - Owner
Paul Brown - in charge of Players - VP of something like that

What diff. does it really make - 0-7 is still 0-7

[quote name='mhfinks' post='717102' date='Oct 23 2008, 02:22 PM']Mike Brown - Owner
Paul Brown - in charge of Players - VP of something like that

What diff. does it really make - 0-7 is still 0-7[/quote]

Agreed.

And Mike Lewis should be fired too. Promote Brad Brukowsky from OC to HC. Who knows, maybe we can pry Bobby Coslet out of retirement.

Archived