!!! THE OFFICIAL EAGLES @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='Actium' post='724624' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:06 PM']It does seem like the quintessential Marvin Lewis game. It's like an 8-8 non-losing season in microcosm.

Maybe next year he can find a way to coach us to 0-0-16. He will be the ultimate.[/quote]

I am as disappointed as anyone that they didn`t win.

But seriously, if someone had told you before the game
that they would lose Whitworth, Chatman, Ndukwe and
Levi would be injured but keep on playing, and Fitz
had been sacked 8 times (was it 8?), would you have
even thought that a team that was 1-8, would have
tied an Eagles team that was ranked 4th in total
Offense coming into this game?

Even in a tie, Marvin can`t win for losing in some people's eyes. (pun intended)

I feel really bad for Shayne and the Defense. The Defense deserved a win,
and Shayne doesn`t deserve to be the goat of this game. I don`t think he is,
but I am sure some people will (or do).

[quote name='esjbh2' post='724622' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:04 PM']I gotta admit that when the showed a replay of Shayne missing a warmup kick right before overtime started, I was dreading this coming down to a long fieldgoal. I know I should feel good about a tie against the Eagles, but dayum, what a missed opportunity how many times...they just didn't want a victory bad enough.[/quote]

I noticed that shot too. I wonder how much side wind there was and if the game kick was trying to compensate?? Warm up missed left. (they said other side of field, but...they were confused on which side had the wind also, so I don't trust the announcers with the kick comment)

I'll have to ask.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='724613' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:58 PM']Marvin.....THROW THE RED FLAG!.....OMFG I can't believe what I saw down there...I just got home...TJ can coach better than him. He was yelling at him plus 30k plus knew what what to do. :Harassment_emoticon: Cost us the game. :shakesfist:[/quote]

I don't think you can challenge anything in OT, it has to come from upstairs.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='724633' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:16 PM']I am as disappointed as anyone that they didn`t win.

Even in a tie, Marvin can`t win for losing in some people's eyes. (pun intended)

but I am sure some people will (or do).[/quote]

Windy game, 48 yards is not gimme kick. He was damn close.

But yes, he'll be the "reason" we lost for many. He's a choker you know. How many damn times have we taken away his opportunity to be a game winning kicker? We've been sacked, intercepted, or fumbled our way out of a game winning attempt so many times, I could puke. But he gets a 50/50 kick in windy conditions with no TO, and he'll be the goat.

He can take it, but it pisses me off every time.

Oh well. Just a game, and I have dishes to do and dinner to cook, so I'll have to get over it.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='724634' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:17 PM']I noticed that shot too. I wonder how much side wind there was and if the game kick was trying to compensate?? Warm up missed left. (they said other side of field, but...they were confused on which side had the wind also, so I don't trust the announcers with the kick comment)

I'll have to ask.[/quote]
Sis it was windy down there all day.. :anticipate:

[quote name='Actium' post='724591' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:50 PM']Is this soccer? Seriously, this may be worse than a loss.[/quote]

'eh think of it this way. We didn't lose, but we also didn't hurt our draft position that many of you care deeply about.

The defense played great today. Loved seeing that.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='724633' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:16 PM']I am as disappointed as anyone that they didn`t win.

but I am sure some people will (or do).[/quote]

old, the fact that you are not only not upset at the prospect of a tie, but actually seem pleased, and are already making excusing (or giving reasons, as you call it), in a game in which:

1. McNabb had 4 TOs
2. Bengals had great starting field position
3. Eagles had terrible starting field position
4. Refs were helping us along the way

boggles my mind. It says a lot, I think.

Did I expect to win before they started playing? No. Did I expect to win after I saw how Philly was playing? Yes. You bet I was.

And all the injuries you listed again make me wonder, what is wrong with our conditioning and technique? What are the coaches doing to these guys?

Shayne Graham isn't the reason we lost. Our offense is just terrible. Our oline, as banged up as they are, couldn't manage the pass rush nor could they run block. The offensive playcalling in OT was just awful, too. AWFUL.

What a mess of a football team we are.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='724616' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:59 PM']You friends with Spock? I mean seriously...Scotty beam you up?[/quote]
Sis I was on the 5yd line and watched the replay on the board...with 30k others and we had the TD off the interception.....TJ was yelling throw the flag. He wasn't touched as he rolled over to run and was across the line when he did get touched. I like Star Trek.....also :rsju31uh9:

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='724637' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:20 PM']Windy game, 48 yards is not gimme kick. He was damn close.

But yes, he'll be the "reason" we lost for many. He's a choker you know. How many damn times have we taken away his opportunity to be a game winning kicker? We've been sacked, intercepted, or fumbled our way out of a game winning attempt so many times, I could puke. But he gets a 50/50 kick in windy conditions with no TO, and he'll be the goat.

He can take it, but it pisses me off every time.

Oh well. Just a game, and I have dishes to do and dinner to cook, so I'll have to get over it.[/quote]

Hell, the Coaches went for it on 4th and 16 from about
the same range earlier in the game. So they must have
known something.

But yeah, it was close. Of course I wish he would have made
it for obvious reasons. But I don`t fault him at all.

Brat on the other hand . . .

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='724647' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:27 PM']Sis I was on the 5yd line and watched the replay on the board...with 30k others and we had the TD off the interception.....TJ was yelling throw the flag. He wasn't touched as he rolled over to run and was across the line when he did get touched. I like Star Trek.....also :rsju31uh9:[/quote]

thats nice. The rest of us got to see it on TV to see that Rucker was actually down at the 1.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='724647' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:27 PM']Sis I was on the 5yd line and watched the replay on the board...with 30k others and we had the TD off the interception.....TJ was yelling throw the flag. He wasn't touched as he rolled over to run and was across the line when he did get touched. I like Star Trek.....also :rsju31uh9:[/quote]

HA...I was referring to the fact you must have been beamed home as you were posting at what seemed like less than 5 or 10 minutes after game was over.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='724653' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:30 PM']thats nice. The rest of us got to see it on TV to see that Rucker was actually down at the 1.[/quote]
It was immensely sad that we couldn't punch that one in for a score from inside the 1. There's your 4 points that cost us the game.

[quote name='Actium' post='724644' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:24 PM']old, the fact that you are not only not upset at the prospect of a tie, but actually seem pleased, and are already making excusing (or giving reasons, as you call it), in a game in which:

1. McNabb had 4 TOs

Did I expect to win before they started playing? No. Did I expect to win after I saw how Philly was playing? Yes. You bet I was.

And all the injuries you listed again make me wonder, what is wrong with our conditioning and technique? What are the coaches doing to these guys?[/quote]

I don't see old being happy with a tie. I think as a fan you can be happy that they didn't lose and that the defense played very well. Should we be disappointed that they didn't win, especially since they led much of the game? Sure. But that doesn't mean you have to treat it like a loss.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='724658' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:32 PM']It was immensely sad that we couldn't punch that one in for a score from inside the 1. There's your 4 points that cost us the game.[/quote]

Not to mention that Rucker has been workin hard, and I really wanted him to get that FG

[quote name='Actium' post='724644' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:24 PM']old, the fact that you are not only not upset at the prospect of a tie, but actually seem pleased, and are already making excusing (or giving reasons, as you call it), in a game in which:

1. McNabb had 4 TOs

And all the injuries you listed again make me wonder, what is wrong with our conditioning and technique? What are the coaches doing to these guys?[/quote]

Let's get something straight first, "disappointed as anyone",
does not in any way, shape, form or fashion equate to "pleased"

Yes, the 1-8 Bengals, that has been said that Marvin "lost the team" in the past,
by you I do believe, showed heart and fight. The Eagles didn`t just lay down.
They didn`t just give the Bengals those turnovers. They have been saying
all week how they weren`t taking the Bengals lightly. So the fact that they
Bengals took it to them, despite not only the injuries today, but the injured
players that were already missing, says a lot about this team, and Marvin
in my eyes.

As far as the injuries, I don`t think any trainer is going to help
with the types of injuries that were suffered. It is a physical,
violent game. And sometimes, those types of injuries happen.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='724645' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:24 PM'][b]Shayne Graham isn't the reason we lost.[/b] Our offense is just terrible. Our oline, as banged up as they are, couldn't manage the pass rush nor could they run block. The offensive playcalling in OT was just awful, too. AWFUL.

What a mess of a football team we are.[/quote]

While I understand what you're saying, yes he did cost us the game. A pro has to make that kick plain and simple

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='724664' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:37 PM']While I understand what you're saying, yes he did cost us the game. A pro has to make that kick plain and simple[/quote]

a 48yder on a windy day? That's far from an easy kick. The coaching staff cost them the game for not putting the team in a more makeable FG situation.

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='724664' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:37 PM']While I understand what you're saying, yes he did cost us the game. A pro has to make that kick plain and simple[/quote]
Dude, it was a game in swirling winds. They do crazy things to footballs in the air, especially kicked ones that have an arc. Did you see the normally awesome Eagles punter shank those punts? Same reason.

Shayne is the second most accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY. You can't pin this one on him because he missed the potential game-winner because our offense is fucking terrible.

Archived