!!! THE OFFICIAL EAGLES @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='724664' date='Nov 16 2008, 10:37 PM']While I understand what you're saying, yes he did cost us the game. A pro has to make that kick plain and simple[/quote]

Because a Pro QB doesn't have to make the throws. And a pro-line doesn't need to block anyone. And a pro OC doesn't need to have a pair of balls. And... oh I think you can see where this is going.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='724659' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:33 PM']I don't see old being happy with a tie. I think as a fan you can be happy that they didn't lose and that the defense played very well. Should we be disappointed that they didn't win, especially since they led much of the game? Sure. But that doesn't mean you have to treat it like a loss.[/quote]

It's a tie. The gayest thing that can happen in sports. Excuse me if I'm not stoic enough. Or evolved enough to appreciate the awesome majesty of what we just witnessed.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='724666' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:39 PM']a 48yder on a windy day? That's far from an easy kick. The coaching staff cost them the game for not putting the team in a more makeable FG situation.[/quote]

The excuses are getting almost laughable on the site. Conditions aren't always going to be perfect. Akers seemed to have little problems today.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='724667' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:39 PM']Overall, I'm pleased with the game...was proud of the team (atleast the D) the whole time.

I remember getting ridiculed earlier this year for bringing up Graham's inability to make the clutch kick...where is that search button? :shh:[/quote]

No need for the search button. I'll still ridicule you. That way the search is easier.

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='724672' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:43 PM']The excuses are getting almost laughable on the site. Conditions aren't always going to be perfect. Akers seemed to have little problems today.[/quote]

I'm sorry, how far was his kick?

And Shayne made one from farther away.

The criticism from armchair players is laughable.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='724680' date='Nov 17 2008, 08:19 AM']I'm sorry, how far was his kick?

And Shayne made one from farther away.

The criticism from armchair players is laughable.[/quote]

I think it sucks that we ended up in a tie but at the same time it's kind of cool. The Bengals will definitely be on all the highlights this week. hehe!!
MULLY

Anyone that pins this loss squarely on Shayne doesn't understand the game of football. Yes, he missed the kick, but he wasn't exactly given the best circumstances to work with (putting it lightly). Anything over 45 yards is a 50/50 proposition in the NFL.....even when it's not windy.

The team had MANY opportunities to win that game today. If I absolutely had to pin blame on someone or something, I'd be pointing fingers at the offensive line and/or Bob.

Good show by the defense though. I was really proud of those guys. (though I would have liked to have seen more pass rush....but still a great game overall)

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='724697' date='Nov 16 2008, 06:50 PM'][img]http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL364/1837381/3754780/342329786.jpg[/img][img]http://www.mycelebritymatch.com/images/celebrity_photos/Jennifer_Aniston.jpg[/img]

:drool:

:)[/quote]

:1hump: :1hump: :1hump: :thumbsup:

[quote name='Actium' post='724671' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:42 PM']It's a tie. The gayest thing that can happen in sports. Excuse me if I'm not stoic enough. Or evolved enough to appreciate the awesome majesty of what we just witnessed.[/quote]

who's acting happy about it? Doesn't mean fuckers have to run around here acting like we just lost.

I call bullshit. There is no way I am happy with a tie considering how well our young defense played. Besides the front 4's inability to pressure McNabb, the rest of the defense played great to include the run defense by the front four. Zimmer has done an incredible job with this group. They deserved nothing less than an EASY win. 13 points? That awesome. They handed our offense great field position all day and the offense just SUCKED.

Our offense had so many opportunities and besides TJ, nobody showed up to play. It was brutal to watch. Henry is almost useless out there and Chad can NOT get open. Henry can't run a route. He constantly gives the DB inside position and Fitz just wont make that throw thankfully, not that he gets that far in his reads anyways.

TJ is far and away the best player on offense. He is the bravest SOB on the team and makes all his yards the old fashioned way, he earns them.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='724757' date='Nov 16 2008, 10:14 PM']What's to call bullshit on?
You are not alone. No one is happy about a tie.[/quote]

I should have said that this TIE was worse than a lose in my eyes because our defense practically handed our offense a victory and they couldn't deliver. Furthermore, the way in which we didn't win in overtime was just infuriating. I am pissed.

Archived