!!! THE OFFICIAL EAGLES @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='TheLightWithin' post='724589' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:49 PM']playcalling was outstanding.[/quote]

We were averaging less than 2 yards per carry

And ran it on 3rd and 6 at around the 50 yard line

That negates any and all "outstanding" play calls that were made in the rest of the game

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='724593' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:50 PM']I can't believe we get 3 chances to improve that field position (the refs GAVE us), and we can't get any closer.[/quote]

a handoff to benson on 3rd down in OT and barely in makeable field goal range.

:rofl: ;ROFL: ;ROFL: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='724593' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:50 PM']I can't believe we get 3 chances to improve that field position (the refs GAVE us), and we can't get any closer.[/quote]

it was like that all game long

never did anything

all we needed was a 5-10 yard completion or 2 at some point in one of the 10 times we had the ball there at midfield

At 1-8, I'll take a tie, to go 1-8-1.

But damn, I just knew we were going to win when they called roughing the passer.

I fixed the thread title, from WIN !!! WIN !!! WIN !!! to TIE !!! TIE !!! TIE !!!

WHO-DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS ?!!! [img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2104/buttheadmd4.gif[/img][img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3747/beavisps5.gif[/img]

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='724601' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:52 PM']a TIE??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

really? :rofl:[/quote]

Kumbaya! No one is a loser! (Except everyone who watched that waste of time.)

Can we put in Jordan now? Fitty had 1 awesome pass. No mas. There is no offense. There is only the mirage of an offense.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='724613' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:58 PM']Marvin.....THROW THE RED FLAG!.....OMFG I can't believe what I saw down there...I just got home...TJ can coach better than him. He was yelling at him plus 30k plus knew what what to do. :Harassment_emoticon: Cost us the game. :shakesfist:[/quote]

You friends with Spock? I mean seriously...Scotty beam you up?

Two observations:
1. As much as I was cursing Levi Jones the whole game it is obvious he is hurt and can barely walk out there so I at least appreciated him trying to tough it out with Witworth being out.

2. We've turned into the NY Jets of the past couple years where everyone knows we can't throw deep so teams are pinching closer and closer on our short routes because they know we can't protect long enough to throw more than a 10 yard route.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' post='724611' date='Nov 16 2008, 03:57 PM']Does anyone else feel like we just lost?[/quote]

I don't.

The Eagles were fighting for their Playoff life.
They were healthy. We lost Whitworth, Ndukwe,
Chatman, Levi was banged up a few times,
plus Odom was out and all the other injuries
we have had, and we were 9 point under dogs.

The Defense played great against one of the
top Offenses in the NFL. They just put up
31 points against the Giants last week.

Yeah, we had our chances to win.
But I'll take this over losing.

Now on to Pissburgh this Thursday.

I gotta admit that when the showed a replay of Shayne missing a warmup kick right before overtime started, I was dreading this coming down to a long fieldgoal. I know I should feel good about a tie against the Eagles, but dayum, what a missed opportunity how many times...they just didn't want a victory bad enough.

[quote name='tybo' post='724619' date='Nov 16 2008, 06:01 PM']Two observations:
1. As much as I was cursing Levi Jones the whole game it is obvious he is hurt and can barely walk out there so I at least appreciated him trying to tough it out with Witworth being out.

2. We've turned into the NY Jets of the past couple years where everyone knows we can't throw deep so teams are pinching closer and closer on our short routes because they know we can't protect long enough to throw more than a 10 yard route.[/quote]

Levi is shot up before every game and can not feel his leg. Therefore, he is very slow to react and move where he wants to move. I'd rather get these guys fixed now from their lingering injuries than wait and have a shorter time period to get them ready in all honesty. This season means nothing anymore. If we were in contention, I'd argue to tough it out as long as possible. Levi is jeopardizing his career for no reason for wish of the coaches.

Archived