Another Vinatieri game-winner

BreadGuy

[quote name='oldschooler' post='727647' date='Nov 25 2008, 01:11 PM']It takes a special kind of douche that bitches about
[b]one of the players on the team that shouldn`t be
bitched about.[/b]

Your Mom must be proud.

Yep, special kind of douche, I tell ya.[/quote]

Yeah god forbid I want someone to do their job when they are counted on most.

Eat a dick you cranky bastard.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='727594' date='Nov 25 2008, 10:43 AM']I don't think Vinny needed "defending". It was all about pissin off a mom who just really cares about her son. Any attempts to piss me off (I consider that Bread Guys motive) didn't work, because stating one truth does not negate another. I only cared about this thread when you guys got mom all fired up. Feel better? Walk taller these day? Good. I'm glad.

Should she worry about this bull? No. But she does because she can't turn off being a mom. So be it. Now let's just end this crap and move on.

Vinny is a great kicker. Fine. No one argues that. He's had a shitload of chances to hone his game winning kicks craft, and yet he still misses sometimes.

Shayne hasn't had near the chances (nor has many other kickers who, in my opinion could do just as well as Vinny has) to kick as many game winners. And yet he's made some big kicks and missed a couple. So what?

Just move on.

This conversation is so last week anyway.[/quote]
I agree with all of it except for the "so what"
That seems to be the Bengals montra

The whole argument Sis makes is that Shayne's sample size re: winning kicks isnt as big as Vinatieri's, so what we have is Shayne misses a critical kick that that would have put us in the playoffs a couple years ago and a few folks decide he isnt clutch, now of course had he made it we wouldnt be having this conversation, but she's right with a larger sample size, the outcome reguarding if shayne is or is not clutch might be different.

Its as if I flip a coin twice and get tails both times, then say ...."Oh that coin is fixed", but if I flip it 100 times and the first two it's tails but the other 98 it comes up heads...

People making this argument simply want something to bitch about and because a players family is on the site it's their most direct connection to the team, thus...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='727690' date='Nov 25 2008, 02:53 PM']The whole argument Sis makes is that Shayne's sample size re: winning kicks isnt as big as Vinatieri's, so what we have is Shayne misses a critical kick that that would have put us in the playoffs a couple years ago and a few folks decide he isnt clutch, now of course had he made it we wouldnt be having this conversation, but she's right with a larger sample size, the outcome reguarding if shayne is or is not clutch might be different.

Its as if I flip a coin twice and get tails both times, then say ...."Oh that coin is fixed", but if I flip it 100 times and the first two it's tails but the other 98 it comes up heads...

[b]People making this argument simply want something to bitch about and because a players family is on the site it's their most direct connection to the team, thus...[/b][/quote]

Regardless of who is posting on the site, I and others have and will continue to raise concerns about Graham's kicking in certain situations, namely FGs that kick us into the playoffs and games within the division.

I'll try to find a thread (after work, too busy now) from a couple months ago where someone brought up the kicking percentages from like 2004 and on of the AFCN kickers in AFCN games and Graham ranked 3rd or 4th every year.

I think the guy has A-Rod syndrome. I know he puts up big numbers and 2nd most accurate all time and yada yada yada but in the games that matter most i.e. divisional games, I think he's less than reliable and thats something to be considered when the team is perhaps going to make him the highest paid kicker in the league.

And there are also the people who haven't had the "luxury" of being able to follow the Bengals for 25+ years because they live on the east coast and the only time they they ever got to watch the bengals before 2004 was as a child losing to Montana in the superbowl...to these people Graham has missed the only fucking kick they ever cared if he made!

He's a pro football player and obviously he doesn't need my vote, but he sure as hell isn't getting it until he makes a kick equally as important.

The sad part of this whole discussion, or all three of them, is if he misses that kick in those conditions in the first quarter, the same people bashing shane whould be bashing Marvin for trying the damn field goal in the first place. The truth is, there are plenty of reasons the Bengals tied that game, and only one of them happens to belong to Graham, and that one is way down the list. Just off the top of my head: how the hell did we only turn 4 turnovers into 13 points. Hell Rucker delivered the ball at the 1 yard line, and the O couldn't get it in from there. So bash away if you must, but there are a ton better things to be pointing at.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='727725' date='Nov 25 2008, 04:50 PM'][b]The sad part of this whole discussion, or all three of them, is if he misses that kick in those conditions in the first quarter, the same people bashing shane whould be bashing Marvin for trying the damn field goal in the first place. [/b] The truth is, there are plenty of reasons the Bengals tied that game, and only one of them happens to belong to Graham, and that one is way down the list. Just off the top of my head: how the hell did we only turn 4 turnovers into 13 points. Hell Rucker delivered the ball at the 1 yard line, and the O couldn't get it in from there. So bash away if you must, but there are a ton better things to be pointing at.[/quote]

Or they'd be saying "it wouldn't have gone to OT if he made the kick in the 1st qtr."

Not this guy though. When everything is even at the end and it all comes down to one play...everything else that happend in the first qtr and in the second qtr and in the 3rd qtr can be thrown out the window because at that moment in time both teams are completely equal regardless of the # of positive plays and negative plays each team had they are both even on the scoreboard and only that last play matters.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727678' date='Nov 25 2008, 12:35 PM']Yeah god forbid I want someone to do their job when they are counted on most.

Eat a dick you cranky bastard.[/quote]

Some fucking troll, that isn`t even a fan of the Bengals, comes
to this site, and the majority of his posts are bashing Shayne Graham,
starts another thread bashing Shayne, and sure as shit, the same motherfuckers
that were bitching 2 FUCKING WEEKS AGO, come in this thread and are still
piling on. Now I can see the troll doing it, well, because he is a fucking troll.
But for some BENGALS FANS to do it, well, as I said, it takes a special kind
of douche bag. I mean seriously, yeah Shayne SHOULD have made the
TWO KICKS HE HAS MISSED IN ALMOST 3 YEARS. And I am sure his Mom,
Sister and Shayne himself would agree, but Come on. You think
you have to pipe in on it EVERY FUCKING TIME IT IS MENTIONED?
You think that with all this team needs, and the actual problems they
have, that Shayne MISSING 2 FUCKING KICKS IN 3 FUCKING YEARS,
deserves some much of your attention/wrath? You think you have to
give his family so much shit over it?

I too think Shayne should make those kicks. But so does everyone
else, Shayne included. But shit happens. Not everyone is always
perfect at their job. Even the "most clutch Kicker in the History of
the NFL has his moments of being imperfect. So why don`t you give
it a rest, and find something else to harp on for a fucking change?

And I am not cranky at all. I am just sick of not knowing a Bengals fan
from a FUCKING TROLL. Seriously, think about it for a minute.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='727730' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:37 PM']Some fucking troll, that isn`t even a fan of the Bengals, comes
to this site, and the majority of his posts are bashing Shayne Graham,
starts another thread bashing Shayne, and sure as shit, the same motherfuckers
that were bitching 2 FUCKING WEEKS AGO, come in this thread and are still
piling on. Now I can see the troll doing it, well, because he is a fucking troll.
But for some BENGALS FANS to do it, well, as I said, it takes a special kind
of douche bag. I mean seriously, yeah Shayne SHOULD have made the
TWO KICKS HE HAS MISSED IN ALMOST 3 YEARS. And I am sure his Mom,
Sister and Shayne himself would agree, but Come on. [b]You think
you have to pipe in on it EVERY FUCKING TIME IT IS MENTIONED?[/b][/quote]

Its a fucking message board asshole...yes I have an opinion and I feel like sharing it. Stop reading my posts if it bothers you so much.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='727730' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:37 PM']You think that with all this team needs, and the actual problems they
have, that Shayne MISSING 2 FUCKING KICKS IN 3 FUCKING YEARS,
deserves some much of your attention/wrath?[/quote]

Yeah why the fuck not? I could just sit here and say "aww shucks we were unlucky again." But I'd rather talk about any and all issues related to the Bengals and that includes pointing out the shortcomings of someone on the brink of becoming the highest paid kicker in the league on a team with a boat-load of problems.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='727730' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:37 PM']You think you have to give his family so much shit over it?[/quote]

I'm not giving his family shit over it...as a matter of fact his fucking mom is calling me names over it.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='727730' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:37 PM']I too think Shayne should make those kicks. But so does everyone
else, Shayne included. But shit happens. Not everyone is always
perfect at their job. Even the "most clutch Kicker in the History of
the NFL has his moments of being imperfect. So why don`t you give
it a rest, and find something else to harp on for a fucking change?[/quote]

Fuck you, I've harped on it in how many threads this entire season? 3? 4? Too bad you never harp on anything because you don't seem to have an opnion other than "things are swell, we just gotta catch a break." I think it bears the attention I bring it. Shayne doesn't kick well in the division compared to other kickers in the division and he missed the only "entire seasons rests on this FG" try he's ever had. There, stated my opinion, if you don't like it you can close your fucking eyes and go back to repeating "everything's gonna be alright when we just get lucky one of these days."

[quote name='oldschooler' post='727730' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:37 PM'][b]And I am not cranky at all[/b]. I am just sick of not knowing a Bengals fan
from a FUCKING TROLL. Seriously, think about it for a minute.[/quote]

After all that, I find that hard to believe.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727735' date='Nov 25 2008, 04:01 PM']Its a fucking message board asshole...yes I have an opinion and I feel like sharing it. Stop reading my posts if it bothers you so much.[/quote]

Is it really a fucking message board asshole?

Yes you have an opinion, YOU HAVE SHARED IT ENOUGH THAT
EVERYONE KNOWS. You have added nothing new to the discussion
from the OTHER TIMES you bitched about it.

And it doesn`t bother me. I just offered my opinion that you
are a special kind of douche.

[quote]Yeah why the fuck not? I could just sit here and say "aww shucks we were unlucky again." But I'd rather talk about any and all issues related to the Bengals and that includes pointing out the shortcomings of someone on the brink of becoming the highest paid kicker in the league on a team with a boat-load of problems.[/quote]

Yeah, all I do is talk about how unlucky we are.
I don`t point out anything else, just the luck. :rolleyes:

And you really think Shayne is going to become the highest paid Kicker in the League?
I don`t. And even if he does, it won`t last long. It will last until the next Kickers contract
comes up. Kyle Larson has been paid more over the last 2 seasons than Shayne has.
So it isn`t like Shayne isn`t due, or deserving of a raise. Whether you think he is or not.

So keep pointing out the short comings of a player that has been underpaid,
has great character and is the least of this team's problems. I am sure all your
bitching will make a difference.

[quote]I'm not giving his family shit over it...as a matter of fact his fucking mom is calling me names over it.[/quote]

Because you have made your view on the subject abundantly clear.
I have replied to your "A-Rod" comment before. Yet, here you are
with it again, just because some Dolphins fan wants to stir shit up
with Shayne's Sister.

[quote]Fuck you, I've harped on it in how many threads this entire season? 3? 4? Too bad you never harp on anything because you don't seem to have an opnion other than "things are swell, we just gotta catch a break." I think it bears the attention I bring it. Shayne doesn't kick well in the division compared to other kickers in the division and he missed the only "entire seasons rests on this FG" try he's ever had. There, stated my opinion, if you don't like it you can close your fucking eyes and go back to repeating "everything's gonna be alright when we just get lucky one of these days."[/quote]

No. Fuck YOU. You harp on him every time he is mentioned.

And I have plenty of opinions. I have said a hell of a lot more
than "Gee everything is swell". Matter of a fact, I have never
said that.

But you keep bitching about a player that has
done his job better and more consistently than most
players, not only on this team, but in this League,
every time he is mentioned.

[quote]After all that, I find that hard to believe.[/quote]

I don`t care what you believe. You look no different to
Shayne's Sister, Shayne's Mom, me and probably others,
than some fucking troll that isn`t even a fan of this team.
That`s the point. If you want to keep missing it, and think
I am just some "cranky bastard, that thinks all is swell", then
that's on you. I was just pointing out to you what you should
see on your own.

i just wanna add that we all as bengals fans can't really agree on everything all the time. that doesn't make someone else more of a Bengals fan than the other. if i think that shayne isn't clutch it doesn't mean i hate him or im not going to root for my team anymore. this team is all i know, i bleed orange and black. please save those browns jokes <_< but regardelss we all can't agree on everything. if my team sucks this year and i say fuck them or something like that, it doesn't mean that i hate them or won't root for them anymore, just a frustrated fan. and i won't jump off the wagon either. will support this team for the good and the bad. we all have different opinios, and you all know what they say about different opinions.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='727249' date='Nov 24 2008, 10:03 AM']i suppose when your team has fallen from first to tied for last place in the division and out of the playoff picture in just a few short weeks, you tend to start thinking about other teams kickers........................ :rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:[/quote]

Hardly out of the playoff picture, but when you root for a team that routinely misses the postseason it's understandable that you're a novice on the subject.

Last year my team was 1-15, so if they don't make the playoffs I will be disappointed, but MY team is headed in the right direction finally and will return to prominence.

How's YOUR team looking?

[quote name='BreadGuy' post='727754' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:19 PM']Hardly out of the playoff picture, but when you root for a team that routinely misses the postseason it's understandable that you're a novice on the subject.

Last year my team was 1-15, so if they don't make the playoffs I will be disappointed, but MY team is headed in the right direction finally and will return to prominence.

How's YOUR team looking?[/quote]

what promise ? your team isn't really that fucking good dude! are you kidding man ? and if im not mistaken we beat your ass the last two times we played!

[quote name='VonBlade' post='727230' date='Nov 24 2008, 02:31 PM']Although considering the quality of the initial post, perhaps it needs to be in "talking that shit".[/quote]

And now we know that the retarded motherfucker of an OP isn't even a Bengals fan, perhaps we can move it there.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='727756' date='Nov 25 2008, 06:22 PM']what promise ? your team isn't really that fucking good dude! are you kidding man ? and if im not mistaken we beat your ass the last two times we played![/quote]

The word I used was prominence, not promise. But since you mentioned it, I would say going from one win to six in a year is quite promising. You don't even have to be a Bengals fan to see that, do you?

The Dolphins aren't that good? I guess they won six by accident.

[quote name='BreadGuy' post='727754' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:19 PM']Hardly out of the playoff picture, but when you root for a team that routinely misses the postseason it's understandable that you're a novice on the subject.

How's YOUR team looking?[/quote]

The Bengals have been to the playoffs more recently than
your Dolphins have. The Dolphins have also had double
digit loss season 3 out of the 4 seasons prior to this one.
In the Dolphins 6 wins their opponents are a combined
32-40. The Bengals have played 4 teams that have
won more game than that combined.

Your shitty team is playing one of the weakest
schedules in the NFL. NFC West, AFC West.

Why are you on a Bengals site talking shit anyway?
We don`t even play your shitty team, and we
aren`t in your division. So crawl back under your rock.

[quote name='BreadGuy' post='727765' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:32 PM']The word I used was prominence, not promise. But since you mentioned it, I would say going from one win to six in a year is quite promising. You don't even have to be a Bengals fan to see that, do you?[/quote]

The Bengals won 2 games in 2002, and was 8-6 at one point
in 2003, before finishing 8-8. So what is your point?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='727751' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:17 PM']i just wanna add that we all as bengals fans can't really agree on everything all the time. that doesn't make someone else more of a Bengals fan than the other. if i think that shayne isn't clutch it doesn't mean i hate him or im not going to root for my team anymore. this team is all i know, i bleed orange and black. please save those browns jokes <_< but regardelss we all can't agree on everything. if my team sucks this year and i say fuck them or something like that, it doesn't mean that i hate them or won't root for them anymore, just a frustrated fan. and i won't jump off the wagon either. will support this team for the good and the bad. we all have different opinios, and you all know what they say about different opinions.[/quote]

It isn`t about agreeing or disagreeing,
it is about some fucking asshat troll coming here,
and a couple of douchebags looking no better than the troll.

We get it, some of you people blame Shayne for losing games
that were tied. It still doesn`t take away from the facts that he
has hit more "clutch" kicks than he has missed. And that is the
least of the Bengals "problems".

[quote name='VonBlade' post='727759' date='Nov 25 2008, 06:25 PM']And now we know that the retarded motherfucker of an OP isn't even a Bengals fan, perhaps we can move it there.[/quote]

A strong winning tradition:

368 regular season games and 20 playoff games - 2 superbowls.

Oh, and a PERFECT SEASON!!!!!!

[quote name='BreadGuy' post='727773' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:44 PM']Oh, and a PERFECT SEASON!!!!!![/quote]

i will tell you this! i hope that someone wins the superbowl and beat your sorry ass 72 Dolphins record. im so fucking sick and tired of seeing those old fucks everytime someone lose a perfect record and they are on TV poping the bubley! i wish if the Patriots would of just ended those old fuckers hope! as a matter of fact, the Patriots have a better undefeated record that your Dolphins since the season is now longer than it used to be back in the day. and im not even sure how your are, but i doublt that you even were born when they won a superbowl.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='727776' date='Nov 25 2008, 06:46 PM']i will tell you this! i hope that someone wins the superbowl and beat your sorry ass 72 Dolphins record. im so fucking sick and tired of seeing those old fucks everytime someone lose a perfect record and they are on TV poping the bubley! i wish if the Patriots would of just ended those old fuckers hope! as a matter of fact, the Patriots have a better undefeated record that your Dolphins since the season is now longer than it used to be back in the day. and im not even sure how your are, but i doublt that you even were born when they won a superbowl.[/quote]

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

STILL PERFECT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. THE GREATEST TEAM EVER! VIVA LA 1972!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='727776' date='Nov 25 2008, 06:46 PM']i will tell you this! i hope that someone wins the superbowl and beat your sorry ass 72 Dolphins record. im so fucking sick and tired of seeing those old fucks everytime someone lose a perfect record and they are on TV poping the bubley! i wish if the Patriots would of just ended those old fuckers hope! as a matter of fact, the Patriots have a better undefeated record that your Dolphins since the season is now longer than it used to be back in the day. and im not even sure how your are, but i doublt that you even were born when they won a superbowl.[/quote]

Many have tried and failed. Don't hold your breath. 36 years and counting!!!!!

I was born when they enjoyed their run to greatness!

By the way, is that Cincy math? How do the Patriots have a "better undefeated record" when only the Dolphins finished unbeaten? Last time I checked, 17-0 is better than 18-1.

[quote name='BreadGuy' post='727773' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:44 PM']A strong winning tradition:

368 regular season games and 20 playoff games - 2 superbowls.

Oh, and a PERFECT SEASON!!!!!![/quote]

[quote name='BreadGuy' post='727778' date='Nov 25 2008, 05:50 PM']Don't hate the player, hate the game!

STILL PERFECT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. THE GREATEST TEAM EVER! VIVA LA 1972!

Many have tried and failed. Don't hold your breath. 36 years and counting!!!!![/quote]

So you are an asshole and you suck at math?

36 years? :pointlaff:

You were probably too young for either of those Super Bowls, 1972 and 1973.

They haven`t made the playoffs since 2001.
And that perfect season was when there was a 14 game schedule, 26 freaking years ago.

Anyway, seriously, why are you here? Because other fans of your team
shun you and laugh at you?

Archived