Another Vinatieri game-winner

BreadGuy

Let's, for a moment, pretend that Vinatieri is the greatest kicker and greatest clutch kicker of all time.

So?

Were people complaining in the late 80s that Elway wasn't quite as good as Marino or Montana? Did people bitch that whilst Art Monk was good, he wasn't Jerry Rice? Thurman Thomas was ok but he's no Barry Sanders?

If your argument is that Vinatieri is the best ever, then you can't make any comparisons to him, which renders your argument moot.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='727215' date='Nov 24 2008, 08:46 AM']Let's, for a moment, pretend that Vinatieri is the greatest kicker and greatest clutch kicker of all time.

So?

Were people complaining in the late 80s that Elway wasn't quite as good as Marino or Montana? Did people bitch that whilst Art Monk was good, he wasn't Jerry Rice? Thurman Thomas was ok but he's no Barry Sanders?

If your argument is that Vinatieri is the best ever, then you can't make any comparisons to him, which renders your argument moot.[/quote]

Pretty much

[quote name='VonBlade' post='727215' date='Nov 24 2008, 08:46 AM']Let's, for a moment, pretend that Vinatieri is the greatest kicker and greatest clutch kicker of all time.

So?

If your argument is that Vinatieri is the best ever, then you can't make any comparisons to him, which renders your argument moot.[/quote]

Who is arguing? He was stating his opinion and I was stating a fact. Vinatieri is clutch, arguably the best clutch kicker of all time.
His stats are pretty unparalleled
2001 kicked a 45 yarder in the 2001 playoffs to send the game to OT and then a 25 to win
2001 48 yarder to win the SB
2003 41 yarder with 4 seconds left to win SB
and he has 4 superbowl rings and 20+ game winning kicks of one minute or less. The dude is ARGUABLY the best kicker in history.

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-06-19-top-five-kickers_N.htm"]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...e-kickers_N.htm[/url]

[quote][b]Who is arguing?[/b] He was stating his opinion and I was stating a fact. Vinatieri is clutch, [b]arguably the best[/b] clutch kicker of all time.[/quote]

Well then you need to look up the definition of arguably.

And anyway that whole "just stating opinions" bullshit wont wash. You know as well as I do that this thread exists solely to restart the whole "Shayne iz teh suck!" debate. If it's here solely to suck Vinatieris dick then it needs to be in "Around the NFL" not in "The Bengals Forum". Although considering the quality of the initial post, perhaps it needs to be in "talking that shit".

So take your "oooh don't be so touchy we're just giving out some man love" crap and shove it up your ass. This is trolling @ Shayne. No more, no less.
VB

[quote name='VonBlade' post='727230' date='Nov 24 2008, 08:31 AM']Well then you need to look up the definition of arguably.

And anyway that whole "just stating opinions" bullshit wont wash. You know as well as I do that this thread exists solely to restart the whole "Shayne iz teh suck!" debate. If it's here solely to suck Vinatieris dick then it needs to be in "Around the NFL" not in "The Bengals Forum". Although considering the quality of the initial post, perhaps it needs to be in "talking that shit".

So take your "oooh don't be so touchy we're just giving out some man love" crap and shove it up your ass. This is trolling @ Shayne. No more, no less.
VB[/quote]

:applaud:

The Crusty Dude has 21 posts, and 14 of them are
in threads about Shayne.

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=ebd5ca16cd47cdf80e242a066c055339&search_in=posts&result_type=posts"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?act=...sult_type=posts[/url]

And he is a Dolphins fan, that sucks off Vinatieri.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='727209' date='Nov 24 2008, 09:26 AM']The dude is clutch.[/quote]

I'm not saying Vinateri isn't clutch, he certainly is. This "breadguy" character has like 21 posts and they are mostly anti Shayne Graham. He's just trying to be a douche with this thread. Plain and simple.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='727215' date='Nov 24 2008, 09:46 AM']Let's, for a moment, pretend that Vinatieri is the greatest kicker and greatest clutch kicker of all time.

So?

i suppose when your team has fallen from first to tied for last place in the division and out of the playoff picture in just a few short weeks, you tend to start thinking about other teams kickers........................ :rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

[quote]"Shayne iz teh suck!"[/quote]

Anyone that uses that language is a douche bag.....and I was just giving Vinatieri some props, because you didn't.

Also, in your thread you mentioned sucking dick, ramming stuff up asses, and man love. Is there something you aren't telling us VB? I always heard Europeans are more "adventurous", but I have never met one. Oh, behave baby, did all this talk make you randy????

Good luck my man.

p.s. Vinatieri is the man. G.O.A.T

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='727251' date='Nov 24 2008, 11:06 AM']Anyone that uses that language is a douche bag.....and I was just giving Vinatieri some props, because you didn't.

Also, in your thread you mentioned sucking dick, ramming stuff up asses, and man love. Is there something you aren't telling us VB? I always heard Europeans are more "adventurous", but I have never met one. Oh, behave baby, did all this talk make you randy????

Good luck my man.

p.s. Vinatieri is the man. G.O.A.T[/quote]

your not very smart.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='727230' date='Nov 24 2008, 09:31 AM']Well then you need to look up the definition of arguably.

VB[/quote]

Pretty much.

Well since the point of this post is to knock Shane for missing a 47 yarder to beat Philly, let's revisit last years San Diego-Indianapolis Game. Let's see, he missed a 29 YARD FIELD GOAL; a chip shot really, and lost Indy that game. So if "The most clutch kicker ever" can miss a field goal to lose a game, perhaps we can realize that Graham has the potential to miss as well.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='727300' date='Nov 24 2008, 11:38 AM']Well since the point of this post is to knock Shane for missing a 47 yarder to beat Philly, let's revisit last years San Diego-Indianapolis Game. Let's see, he missed a 29 YARD FIELD GOAL; a chip shot really, and lost Indy that game. So if "The most clutch kicker ever" can miss a field goal to lose a game, perhaps we can realize that Graham has the potential to miss as well.[/quote]

no, shayne "Shayne iz teh suck!" and adam is the man!!

oh adam :wub:

I'm a "douchebag" and I approved this message. :D

Peter King loves him too.

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/11/23/Week12/4.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...3/Week12/4.html[/url]

[quote]d. Doesn't it seem like it's six times a year we're staring at the TV, watching Vinatieri win a football game? I will be very surprised if Vinatieri does not make the Hall of Fame. Too many clutch kicks to be denied.[/quote]

P.S. But the real question here is, who loves Peter?

[quote]Doesn't it seem like it's six times a year we're staring at the TV, watching Vinatieri win a football game?[/quote]

It's six times a week we're watching a kicker win a game, so I'm not too surprised.

[quote]I will be very surprised if Vinatieri does not make the Hall of Fame.[/quote]

Me too. Plays for a popular team and has got a ring or two. That's all the voters look at anyway. Little Jen plays on a big team and has a ring. That's HOF too.

Archived