Buying a Wii is EASY....

So i always check store shelves and stuff for a Wii. saw two at walmart at 1am the other day (needed diapers and milk, so aside from that visit my walmart boycott continues)... so i just went to wiitracker.com it tracks online stores with wii's in stock.. mostly bundles, but i bought the ebgames buncdle, came with 2 nunchuckes 2 remote wiiplay and a charging dock with batteries.. was $350, saved like $5-15 for the bundle vs buying all seperate, it was garaunteed to ship by the 5th, i got it on my door on the 4th, pre-ordered on the 1st...

so its going to my 3.5 yr old for xmas, he likes the golf and other sports games... im gonna get him the nurf attachable tennis racket and golf club to play with as well. he will love it..

i assumed it would be a crazed maddness in finding a wii this close to xmas... seemed rather effortless... as long as you willing to grab a game and a few accessories at the time.. which frankly you need anyway.

I imagine he would take some interest in mario kart wii too. I have a sister in that age range and she loves mario kart and mario party 8. It might be because thats the only two games we have besides wii sports, but mario kart is a good one. You would probably like it too if you liked it when it was on n64.

[quote name='JC' post='730288' date='Dec 6 2008, 12:59 PM']I imagine he would take some interest in mario kart wii too. I have a sister in that age range and she loves mario kart and mario party 8. It might be because thats the only two games we have besides wii sports, but mario kart is a good one. You would probably like it too if you liked it when it was on n64.[/quote]

yea it looks like $65 gets you mario kart and 2 wheels... so thats probably on its way either from us, santa, or my parents for the boys.. and im sure ill enjoy too..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='730287' date='Dec 6 2008, 11:52 AM']So i always check store shelves and stuff for a Wii. saw two at walmart at 1am the other day (needed diapers and milk, so aside from that visit my walmart boycott continues)... so i just went to wiitracker.com it tracks online stores with wii's in stock.. mostly bundles, but i bought the ebgames buncdle, came with 2 nunchuckes 2 remote wiiplay and a charging dock with batteries.. was $350, saved like $5-15 for the bundle vs buying all seperate, it was garaunteed to ship by the 5th, i got it on my door on the 4th, pre-ordered on the 1st...

so its going to my 3.5 yr old for xmas, he likes the golf and other sports games... im gonna get him the nurf attachable tennis racket and golf club to play with as well. he will love it..

i assumed it would be a crazed maddness in finding a wii this close to xmas... seemed rather effortless... as long as you willing to grab a game and a few accessories at the time.. which frankly you need anyway.[/quote]

its a lot easier to find them this year. they produced a lot for this xmas it seems. JC is right about getting them Mario Kart. they will love it. that game is amazing for people of all ages. my little cousins love it and so does everyone i know.

[quote name='JC' post='730288' date='Dec 6 2008, 11:59 AM']I imagine he would take some interest in mario kart wii too. I have a sister in that age range and she loves mario kart and mario party 8. It might be because thats the only two games we have besides wii sports, but mario kart is a good one. You would probably like it too if you liked it when it was on n64.[/quote]

mario kart is one of the best games on any system out right now.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='730292' date='Dec 6 2008, 12:27 PM']hey GO, my wife just bought one from the walmart by the house for $250. she won't even let me see it to see what it needs though <_< she said it came with the sports pack.[/quote]

u need another remote and nunchuck.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='730292' date='Dec 6 2008, 01:27 PM']hey GO, my wife just bought one from the walmart by the house for $250. she won't even let me see it to see what it needs though <_< she said it came with the sports pack.[/quote]

the sports pack is basically 5 demo games, golf, tennis, bowling, baseball and something else.

youll need some games, and a nuncuck and another wii remote and probably another nunchuck, ..

that seems to be a hotspot, they had some last night too, but already had mine, ... nice pickup tho..

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='730336' date='Dec 6 2008, 10:24 PM']i got the nunchuck and remote. but is the sports pack not a game ? is it a demo only ? im confuesd now!
im going to buy games anyways, just curious.[/quote]

thats what i gathered from it, i thught it was games, but it seems its just demos .. the wii sports my in laws were playing was just 3 holes of golf, 3-4 innings of bball.. it let you play the whole bowling game i think...

i dunno..

the wii sports pack isnt really a demo, but its not in depth games. the baseball isnt real basebal. its a HR derby type of set up. the bowling is awesome and so is the tennis. u should definitely get a real game too. the best game available is mario kart without a doubt and its something ur kids will enjoy and u will love to play with them and not get bored with it.

thanks guys. im going to get the mario kart. lots of you all spoke highly of this game. i wanna get all this before christmas so we can have a blast that day with it since everything will be closed. one last question, how much for another remote and nunchuck ? thanks in advance. should i look on ebay or just go to walmart ?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='730411' date='Dec 7 2008, 12:44 PM']thanks guys. im going to get the mario kart. lots of you all spoke highly of this game. i wanna get all this before christmas so we can have a blast that day with it since everything will be closed. one last question, how much for another remote and nunchuck ? thanks in advance. should i look on ebay or just go to walmart ?[/quote]

walmart is fine, no big savings online.... mario kart comes with one wheel for $49, another wheel is $15. another nunchuck and remote are $20(nunchuck)-40(remote) each....

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='730418' date='Dec 7 2008, 01:02 PM']thanx ryan.[/quote]

note: you need a remote for every wheel, as the wheel is nothing but a plastic circle that you put the remote in...

so if 4 of you wanna play at once.. which is awesome, youll want 4 remotes and 4 wheels..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='730419' date='Dec 7 2008, 12:05 PM']note: you need a remote for every wheel, as the wheel is nothing but a plastic circle that you put the remote in...

so if 4 of you wanna play at once.. which is awesome, youll want 4 remotes and 4 wheels..[/quote]

I prefer playing without the wheel... you may want to try it before you buy 4 wheels.

[quote name='Ben' post='730700' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:34 PM']I was at target near the dayton mall today and they had a bunch of Wii's, no bundle.[/quote]

ironically i was at target today on fields ertel and they had 4 with no bundle as well. funny, ive been casually looking for about 6 months.. places all over online are still sold out..looks like a few more weeks and i could selected what i wanted to buy.. but its all good, the bundle i got was cool.

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='730738' date='Dec 7 2008, 10:24 PM']I prefer playing without the wheel... you may want to try it before you buy 4 wheels.[/quote]

really? ill give it a try before getting a 2nd wheel, we got the sports accessory pack for my son, has the racket, golf club, baseball bat, etc.. he will LOVE that.. and it came with a wheel, so we have one.. ill try it both ways before getting another wheel. i figured it seemed kinda small, and could be awkward.. and never seen it played without tho...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='730797' date='Dec 8 2008, 01:47 AM']really? ill give it a try before getting a 2nd wheel, we got the sports accessory pack for my son, has the racket, golf club, baseball bat, etc.. he will LOVE that.. and it came with a wheel, so we have one.. ill try it both ways before getting another wheel. i figured it seemed kinda small, and could be awkward.. and never seen it played without tho...[/quote]

Kids will probably like the wheel. I prefer using the nunchuck/remote combination.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='730897' date='Dec 8 2008, 02:12 PM']i hate playing without the wheel.[/quote]

Agreed... More than that, I don't understand why you'd want to play it with controller and nunchuck. That seems to me like choosing not to use the lightgun with Duck Hunt. It sort of defeats the purpose of the game.

[quote name='Ben' post='730838' date='Dec 8 2008, 10:35 AM']What are some good games for kids? GF's brother bought the kids a wii and we are getting them extra controllers/games[/quote]

How old are the kids?

[quote name='mongo' post='730938' date='Dec 8 2008, 03:40 PM']Agreed... More than that, I don't understand why you'd want to play it with controller and nunchuck. That seems to me like choosing not to use the lightgun with Duck Hunt. It sort of defeats the purpose of the game.

How old are the kids?[/quote]

3 of 'em. range from 3or 4 to 7 or 8 i think.

....just buy your kids a 360. please. or even a ps3. lots of kid-friendly games on either system. and lots of kid-friendly games that your kid will play for longer than 30 minutes without getting bored. nintendo does not need any more money. they'll start to think its okay to just keep shelling out bullshit games.

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='731085' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:15 AM']....just buy your kids a 360. please. or even a ps3. lots of kid-friendly games on either system. and lots of kid-friendly games that your kid will play for longer than 30 minutes without getting bored. nintendo does not need any more money. they'll start to think its okay to just keep shelling out bullshit games.[/quote]
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/das_uberdog/men_are_talking.jpg[/img]

Archived