Odom says he'll play Sunday - Marvin Lewis says Ndukwe and David Jones will be back

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='731644' date='Dec 11 2008, 02:20 PM']Everybody knows "essentially" is atleast +/-3 catches.[/quote]

...gotcha.

However, "essentially" was not included in the incentives...and he's only had 95 catches twice...and that was with Carson throwing the ball.

To say that 95 receptions for Chad in Washington would be "easy" (as Hobson did), is nuts...

...or should I say "nutz". :whistle:

[quote name='Cricket' post='731650' date='Dec 11 2008, 01:31 PM']...gotcha.

However, "essentially" was not included in the incentives...and he's only had 95 catches twice...and that was with Carson throwing the ball.

To say that 95 receptions for Chad in Washington would be "easy" (as Hobson did), is nuts...

...or should I say "nutz". :whistle:[/quote]

I'm pretty sure there were team goals also... such as making the playoffs

Antwan Odom..........9 games 20 tackles 2 sacks...........

He cant wait till next year to prove he's a capable DE???

Im betting he's either injured or just plain unproductive again...

Tennessee's other lineman took all the heat off Odom.....

Once again Cincinnati fails at proper evaluation .....

And so it goes....

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='731743' date='Dec 12 2008, 01:00 AM']Antwan Odom..........9 games 20 tackles 2 sacks...........

He cant wait till next year to prove he's a capable DE???

Im betting he's either injured or just plain unproductive again...

Tennessee's other lineman took all the heat off Odom.....

Once again Cincinnati fails at proper evaluation .....

And so it goes....[/quote]

I'd bet injured. I caught part of a ctrent interview yesterday where he was talking about how Levi told him that the Bengals had quite a few guys playing with injuries that guys on healthier (ie better current depth) wouldn't be playing with. Jeanty comes to mind. He's been playing on the same plantar fascitis injury for 6 weeks that has sidelined both Utecht and Ndukwe.

[quote name='ArmyBengal' post='731459' date='Dec 10 2008, 04:01 PM']Henderson was one of those projects I kept rooting for, probably time to cut our losses. Although IR’d implies he might be back for camp.

How many project players are we carrying, doesn’t it exceed the NFL limits?[/quote]

How are we losing anything if we cut Henderson? He's been a practice squad player from the beginning who was never drafted. We've lostm aybe $200,000 on him, someone has to take the PS spot and I'd like it to be him. If he wasn't injured in practice who knows maybe he might be the next LT at LB, I highly doubt it, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back next season, we don't loss anything by keeping him but we sure do gain a lot by seeing what he can do healthy.

[quote name='turningpoint' post='731774' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:12 AM']How are we losing anything if we cut Henderson? He's been a practice squad player from the beginning who was never drafted. We've lostm aybe $200,000 on him, someone has to take the PS spot and I'd like it to be him. If he wasn't injured in practice who knows maybe he might be the next LT at LB, I highly doubt it, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back next season, we don't loss anything by keeping him but we sure do gain a lot by seeing what he can do healthy.[/quote]

very good point.

[quote][size=5][b]Antwan Odom in your face[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig | Saturday, December 13, 2008, 03:12 PM

[b]COULD SUNDAY FINALLY

BE THE DAY WHEN THE

SACK-MAN COMETH?[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals right defensive end Antwan Odom’s torn scapular muscle in his left shoulder has healed and he returns to the lineup against the Washington Redskins on Sunday, Dec. 14, after a five-week layoff (4 games).

That’s promising news for the Bengals because they won their only game the previous time he played, a 21-19 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Nov. 2.

Odom is a big, strong pass rusher who applies pressure on the QB with his quickness and athleticism.

He possesses an explosive first step and uses his long arms to fight off blocks and elude offensive tackles.

A free agent from the Tennessee Titans, Odom was expected to generate double-digit sacks this year, but has been limited to 2 for minus-26 yards.

His impact has been minimal because of injuries.

Odom started slowly, missing the entire preseason after suffering a sprained left foot on Day 1 of training camp.

The lack of practice time set him back, and the defensive line struggled with continuity and consistency early on.

Odom worked himself into shape and was poised to make a second-half run when his left shoulder injury flared up.

Now that he’s been given a clean bill of health, the pass rush should improve, especially since the Redskins’ offensive line is so banged up.

[b]IN ODOM’S WORDS:[/b]

“I had three shoulder dislocations in college (Alabama) before I had surgery. Luckily, I didn’t need surgery this year.

“I tore my scapular muscle, but it’s fine now. it’s healed up and ready to go.

“I want these next three games. Hopefully, we can get ‘Ws’ these next three games and end the season on a good note.

“We’ll have momentum going into next season, too.

“The Redskins’ offensive line is banged up, but the guys they’ll have in there are professionals who get paid, too.

“I’m just looking at what I can do and what I can bring to the table … and that’s rushing the quarterback.”[/quote]

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/chickludwig/entries/2008/12/13/antwan_odom_in_your_face.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s..._your_face.html[/url]

Archived