Who do we take at 6?

Lions - Curry
Rams - J. Smith
Chiefs - Orakpo
Hawks - Monroe
Browns - Brown
Bengals - ??????

Are we forced to take Raji, who I really like but isnt my first/second/third/or forth choice.

I cant see anyone wanting to move up to get Stafford or Crabtree when there isnt a ton of seperation b/t them and Sanchez/Macklin and I doubt anyone wants to pay them what the 6th pick will get when they can stay where they are and get the alternative.

If those 5 guys are gone is there anyone besides Raji and Crabtree worth taking

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='755184' date='Mar 11 2009, 09:40 AM']Is there really a chance in hell of Curry going #1? Really?

Who was the last LB to go #1 overall?[/quote]

Audray Bruce in 1988, and before that Tom Cousineau in 1979.

It's not likely, but this year it is possible.

If the first 5 picks do fall like that, and we are not able to trade down, take Oher.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='755176' date='Mar 11 2009, 10:19 AM']Lions - Curry
Rams - J. Smith
Chiefs - Orakpo
Hawks - Monroe
Browns - Brown
Bengals - ??????

Are we forced to take Raji, who I really like but isnt my first/second/third/or forth choice.

I cant see anyone wanting to move up to get Stafford or Crabtree when there isnt a ton of seperation b/t them and Sanchez/Macklin and I doubt anyone wants to pay them what the 6th pick will get when they can stay where they are and get the alternative.

If those 5 guys are gone is there anyone besides Raji and Crabtree worth taking[/quote]

I would try like hell to trade down. The pick may have value here to somebody that wants Crabtree, because you would have to get in front of Oakland if you want him. If no trade partner I would probably still take A.Smith. I dont care about the combine or his pro day. On tape he is a beast.

I think that it ends up being

Stafford-Smith-Curry-Monroe-Orakpo

Then our options seem to be Crabtree, Oher, Smith, Raji, Maybin, Brown and Mualaga

I think all could be argued as fits but that Monroe Curry and J. Smith are the prizes we should want. There are big question marks about the rest of these guys. I probably go with Oher because at the very least he will be a dominating RT.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='755204' date='Mar 11 2009, 10:43 AM']I'm just not sure they'd take Raji who seems to be a better fit in the 3-4. I wouldn't be surprised at that point if they went with Andre Smith.[/quote]
:2dedhorse: not to be a dick but I'm tired of reading people posting that Raji is a 3-4 guy. He is just as good at pass rushing as he is stopping the run and in a 3-4 you really just need a guy that will plug holes and stop the run to allow the edge rushers to get one-on-one matchups. Raji can play in a 1 gap or 2 gap scheme and will be a stud in any defensive alignment. Every scouting report on the guy says he's great for a 3-4 or a 4-3. I would do a backflip if they got him at six, but if the scenario above plays out I think it will be either Smith or Everette Brown or a desperate attempt to trade down - which I would prefer in the first place. Or they could draft Stafford and open a bidding war for whatever team wants to trade us their first and some other picks to get him - that would be cool too.
I don't want Maybin just because I want somebody that will contribute in his rookie season.

Archived