Add a Past Red to this Team

Jason

For me this is a no-brainer. Johnny Bench. Best defensive catcher of all time. He would handle this young pitching staff very well and he would give us a clutch right handed power hitter who would be a true cleanup hitter.

[quote name='Jason' post='757031' date='Mar 19 2009, 11:40 AM']For me this is a no-brainer. Johnny Bench. Best defensive catcher of all time. He would handle this young pitching staff very well and he would give us a clutch right handed power hitter who would be a true cleanup hitter.[/quote]

I win!

Oh, wait. It wasn't a contest... :mellow:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='757046' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:51 PM']Danny Graves. Cordero has been horrible and we could fear the mullet all over again.[/quote]

If we were going to go that route I'd rather have Norm Charlton or Randy Meyers...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='757048' date='Mar 19 2009, 11:04 AM']If we were going to go that route I'd rather have Norm Charlton or Randy Meyers...[/quote]
I was soooo kidding. Cordero is a far cry better than Graves! I was going to say Dante Bichette though....

:lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='757071' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:30 PM']I was soooo kidding. Cordero is a far cry better than Graves! I was going to say Dante Bichette though....

:lol:[/quote]

Shit, I got my players confused.

Who was the guy before Graves that was pretty good that we traded to the Dodgers?

[quote name='Elflocko' post='757072' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:32 PM']Shit, I got my players confused.

Who was the guy before Graves that was pretty good that we traded to the Dodgers?[/quote]
I can't remember. Not Scott Sullivan?

[quote name='Elflocko' post='756983' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:29 AM']That's a tough one. Considering the young pitchers we have, I'd have to say Johnny Bench..[/quote]

we have a GREAT defensive catcher that speaks the same native language as our pitchers. there is no way in hell i would change that. plus they all love ramon hernandez.

[quote name='#22' post='756989' date='Mar 19 2009, 01:24 AM']Barry Larkin would give what I think is the weakest spot on the team a good all-around upgrade.[/quote]

weakest spot? we have 3 guys who can be legit MLB SS's.

i would much rather have Tony Perez to hit in the middle of our lineup. He was an RBI machine. He is what this team needs. Plus he is the kind of leader this team could use and was a team player.

Archived