Skins want to move up for Sanchez

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764044' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:16 PM']or surprised...

i'd know i was a shitty qb if i were jason campbell..[/quote]

he's been in a different system what every year? at some point you would hope to have some kind of consistant offense so as your not learning every year

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764045' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:18 PM']he's been in a different system what every year? at some point you would hope to have some kind of consistant offense so as your not learning every year[/quote]

ehhh.. at qb your role doesnt change, just formations, every other position is harder to learn a new system than QB.

a good point none the less, but he hasnt exactly even shown any glimmer of being more than average...

like palmers 2004 season, he was 8-8 and equal td's and INT's i think, buy you some some greatness out there. and you knew something special was brewing.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764046' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:20 PM']ehhh.. at qb your role doesnt change, just formations, every other position is harder to learn a new system than QB.

a good point none the less, but he hasnt exactly even shown any glimmer of being more than average...

like palmers 2004 season, he was 8-8 and equal td's and INT's i think, buy you some some greatness out there. and you knew something special was brewing.[/quote]

I dont know, I think when you change the language of your system every year, and or the entire system itself, and remember that that most QBs are supposed to know everyone's assigments, it makes it tough to be successfull.

I think campbell has some potential, but till he can stay in one system for more than a year your not going to know really what you have.

That said, this should be his 2nd year in the current system they have. (west coast system i believe)

Interesting scenario if true. The 'Skins could gamble and hope Sanchez drops past Seattle, otherwise they would have to jump to probably #3 to land him. Assuming he does make it past 4, the obvious trading partners become the Bengals and Raiders. There have been rumors about the Jags drafting a QB and the Niners at 10 would be a nice fit. Leave it to Daniel Snyder to make things interesting.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764072' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:08 PM']again, untill he's been in a single system for more than a year, the jury is out on that[/quote]

ehh.. not really.. there has to be some sign of quality in a player, he hasnt shown that.. he should easily know his WR's routes and timing,

if he were thrown into a great team around him he would do fine, but this isnt a guy to build at team around... his best effort was 13 TD's..

there isnt a glimmer of hope.. new system or not. and often OC's or coaches are fine with keeping whatever language the QB is comfortable with... easing transitions, big gay ben had to transition into a new system... he seemed to mange.

you seem to have some sort of man love for this fellow.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764078' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:13 PM']ehh.. not really.. there has to be some sign of quality in a player, he hasnt shown that.. he should easily know his WR's routes and timing,

if he were thrown into a great team around him he would do fine, but this isnt a guy to build at team around... his best effort was 13 TD's..

there isnt a glimmer of hope.. new system or not. and often OC's or coaches are fine with keeping whatever language the QB is comfortable with... easing transitions, big gay ben had to transition into a new system... he seemed to mange.

you seem to have some sort of man love for this fellow.[/quote]

How long did it take Gannon? How long did it take Breeze? ;)

Not love, I just think there could be talent there but consisitant changing of systems for a young QB isnt easy. I dont disagree he may not be a top tier guy, but the notion that he shouldnt be a starting NFL QB is a bit premature at this point.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764078' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:13 PM']ehh.. not really.. there has to be some sign of quality in a player, he hasnt shown that.. he should easily know his WR's routes and timing,

you seem to have some sort of man love for this fellow.[/quote]

Look at the first 8 games that Campbell started last year. He averaged almost 220 yards per game and had 8 touchdowns and zero picks. His team went 6-2 and defeated the Cards, Cowboys, and Eagles. This is far from the best quarterbacking of all time, but it also shows me that Campbell isn't complete garbage like you suggest. He'll never be Manning or Brady, but he could be similar to Steve McNair or David Garrard.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764078' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:13 PM']ehh.. not really.. there has to be some sign of quality in a player, he hasnt shown that.. he should easily know his WR's routes and timing,[/quote]

Ehh, you're wrong. He was 19th in the league in passer rating, had over twice as many tds as ints, and was the #5 rushing QB in the league.

And saying that changing OC's every year has no effect on the QB is just absurd.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='764089' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:25 PM']Look at the first 8 games that Campbell started last year. He averaged almost 220 yards per game and had 8 touchdowns and zero picks. His team went 6-2 and defeated the Cards, Cowboys, and Eagles. This is far from the best quarterbacking of all time, but it also shows me that Campbell isn't complete garbage like you suggest. [color="#FF0000"]He'll never be Manning or Brady, but he could be similar to Steve McNair or David Garrard.[/color][/quote]

Yep.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='764089' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:25 PM']Look at the first 8 games that Campbell started last year. He averaged almost 220 yards per game and had 8 touchdowns and zero picks. His team went 6-2 and defeated the Cards, Cowboys, and Eagles. This is far from the best quarterbacking of all time, but it also shows me that Campbell isn't complete garbage like you suggest. He'll never be Manning or Brady, but he could be similar to Steve McNair or David Garrard.[/quote]

garrard maybe.. probably no where near the success mcnair had.... and i think my point was basically the same.. as both QB's you mentioned had a good tem around them, as i stated toss him on a good team, he would do fine. but your not gonna build a team around the guy,

[quote name='fredtoast' post='764092' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:27 PM']Ehh, you're wrong. He was 19th in the league in passer rating, had over twice as many tds as ints, and was the #5 rushing QB in the league.

And saying that changing OC's every year has no effect on the QB is just absurd.[/quote]

who said t had NO effect. .. i simply said at some point he would gel with his receivers, regardless of any language or idea changes, ...and having half a good year is cool i guess, i suppose thats a glimmer of hope. doesnt really change my perception of his "talent ceiling" ..

seems pretty obvious the redskins want a qb to build around, not a plug in play average-ish one who could possibly make it to above average at some point.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='764092' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:27 PM']Ehh, you're wrong. [b]He was 19th in the league in passer rating[/b], had over twice as many tds as ints, and was the #5 rushing QB in the league.

And saying that changing OC's every year has no effect on the QB is just absurd.[/quote]

Every time I've seen him play he only throws like 5 yard passes that could have something to do with the passer rating. Obviously the Redskins aren't sold on him. They would know more about him than any of us.

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='764099' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:39 PM']Every time I've seen him play he only throws like 5 yard passes that could have something to do with the passer rating. Obviously the Redskins aren't sold on him. They would know more about him than any of us.[/quote]

agreed on both points.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764094' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:33 PM']garrard maybe.. probably no where near the success mcnair had.... and i think my point was basically the same.. as both QB's you mentioned had a good tem around them, as i stated toss him on a good team, he would do fine. but your not gonna build a team around the guy,[/quote]

You said, "there isn't a glimmer of hope" and that he hasn't shown any signs of quality play. I'm not sure what other point you were trying to make besides Campbell being complete trash unless he's on a good team and even then he's only good because of the team around him. I think the first half of last year proved he can play at the level of McNair or Garrard.

What I don't understand is the way the Redskins run their team. What exactly makes them think that drafting Sanchez would help their team? Is it the huge contract he'll play under from Day 1 in the NFL? Or maybe it's the possibility Sanchez will be a bust since he has limited college experience? Or could it be the picks and/or players they'll have to trade away to get Sanchez?

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='764114' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:24 PM']You said, "there isn't a glimmer of hope" and that he hasn't shown any signs of quality play. I'm not sure what other point you were trying to make besides Campbell being complete trash unless he's on a good team and even then he's only good because of the team around him. I think the first half of last year proved he can play at the level of McNair or Garrard.

What I don't understand is the way the Redskins run their team. What exactly makes them think that drafting Sanchez would help their team? Is it the huge contract he'll play under from Day 1 in the NFL? Or maybe it's the possibility Sanchez will be a bust since he has limited college experience? Or could it be the picks and/or players they'll have to trade away to get Sanchez?[/quote]

Dan Snynder plays the NFL like it's fantasy football.

He's a idiot.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='764119' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:30 PM']jamie, gannon and breeze played in a different market. Redskins don't put up with the 3-4 yr plans!
they want players to step in and make a difference right away.[/quote]

which is why snyder is an idiot

Archived