Skins want to move up for Sanchez

I've been saying for months the only viable reason for a team to want to trade up into the top 6 this year is if they fall in love with Sanchez. It looks like maybe Washington has done that.

I would absolutely love to trade down with them as I think 13 is about as low as we could trade down and still have a realistic shot at one of the top 4 OTs. I've got all 4 of those guys pretty close to each other so if we could still get one of them, save millions of dollars and pick up some good picks, I'd be all for it.

I also wonder if we could somehow swing a huge trade with Washington where we give them the #6 and Chad for their #13, some later picks and either a player or two or future picks.

[quote name='happyrid' post='764126' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:47 AM']I've been saying for months the only viable reason for a team to want to trade up into the top 6 this year is if they fall in love with Sanchez. It looks like maybe Washington has done that.

I would absolutely love to trade down with them as I think 13 is about as low as we could trade down and still have a realistic shot at one of the top 4 OTs. I've got all 4 of those guys pretty close to each other so if we could still get one of them, save millions of dollars and pick up some good picks, I'd be all for it.

I also wonder if we could somehow swing a huge trade with Washington where we give them the #6 and Chad for their #13, some later picks and either a player or two or future picks.[/quote]
I'd love to see Choad's antics if he were to be traded there, and having to catch passes from a rookie QB in that division. :lol:

[quote name='turningpoint' post='764133' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:59 PM']the redskins are looking for another qb every year it seems like!

anyways our 1st and chad johnson for their entire draft and next years 2nd.[/quote]

Man, I just checked and it looks like they have traded their 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th round picks. So, not counting comp picks which can't be traded (not sure if they have any), they only have their 1st, 3rd and 5th.

That franchise is a freaking mess.

Edit: I misread wikipedia, they traded their 6th rounder next year as part of the Jason Taylor trade, not this years. And they do have a comp pick.

They have:
-1st rounder
-3rd rounder
-5th rounder
-6th rounder
-7th round comp pick

Makes me even more grateful that we roll into the draft with 11 picks.

The Skins traded their 2nd rounder to Miami for Jason Taylor and have already cut him. Moving up would be dumb for them but they've done dumber stuff already this offseason with DeAngelo Hall.

It would probably take their first rounder this year and next to move from 13 to 6 for Sanchez. A pick next year is valued at about 1 round worse this year so next year's first is worth about as much as their (now traded) 2nd rounder. I'd do that deal since they have a high implosion risk with a rookie QB. They might have plans to trade Campbell for a pick to recoup a bit of what they've already lost.

IMO Campbell isn't a bad QB and isn't the problem with that team. He's just not as good a QB as the other 3 teams in their division have, so that annoys Snyder.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764046' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:20 PM'][b]ehhh.. at qb your role doesnt change, just formations, every other position is harder to learn a new system than QB. [/b]

a good point none the less, but he hasnt exactly even shown any glimmer of being more than average...

like palmers 2004 season, he was 8-8 and equal td's and INT's i think, buy you some some greatness out there. and you knew something special was brewing.[/quote]

I'm not a coach, but I've played plenty of football... and that's rather silly.

[quote name='happyrid' post='764137' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:04 PM']Man, I just checked and it looks like they have traded their 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th round picks. So, not counting comp picks which can't be traded (not sure if they have any), they only have their 1st, 3rd and 5th.

That franchise is a freaking mess.

Edit: I misread wikipedia, they traded their 6th rounder next year as part of the Jason Taylor trade, not this years. And they do have a comp pick.

They have:
-1st rounder
-3rd rounder
-5th rounder
-6th rounder
-7th round comp pick

Makes me even more grateful that we roll into the draft with 11 picks.[/quote]
Snyder doesn't like draft picks...he likes to spend lots of money on overrated players (DeAngelo Hall) or washed up has-beens (Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jason Taylor).

Would Dan Snyder be stupid enough to do this if Sanchez was still there at #6?

Redskins get:

Chad Johnson
#6 pick

Bengals get:

Washington's entire draft - pick #13 (1), #80 (3), #150 (5), #186 (6) (they'd still have a comp. 7th)

You know, after typing that out and figuring that out, it probably would be a bad deal for the Bengals value wise, but would give them a bundle of ammo to trade back up into the late first or second.

With Washington only having 5 picks (including the comp) I struggle to see how Washington's going to be able to trade up with anyone without giving away future year picks.

EDIT: I see turningpoint has already suggested something like this. :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='764179' date='Apr 15 2009, 07:12 PM']Would Dan Snyder be stupid enough to do this if Sanchez was still there at #6?

Redskins get:

Chad Johnson
#6 pick

Bengals get:

Washington's entire draft - pick #13 (1), #80 (3), #150 (5), #186 (6) (they'd still have a comp. 7th)

You know, after typing that out and figuring that out, it probably would be a bad deal for the Bengals value wise, but would give them a bundle of ammo to trade back up into the late first or second.

With Washington only having 5 picks (including the comp) I struggle to see how Washington's going to be able to trade up with anyone without giving away future year picks.

EDIT: I see turningpoint has already suggested something like this. :lol:[/quote]
If Snyder is crazy enough to pull that trigger, we should be all over it. It's almost deja vu with Ditka all over again.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='764179' date='Apr 15 2009, 08:12 PM']Would Dan Snyder be stupid enough to do this if Sanchez was still there at #6?

Redskins get:

Chad Johnson
#6 pick

Bengals get:

EDIT: I see turningpoint has already suggested something like this. :lol:[/quote]

Is this a joke?

I had to read it half a dozen times. What it should say is:

Redskins get Chad Johnson OR #6 pick

Bengals get the #13 pick, a third, a fifth, and a sixth.

It would be an absolute act of charity for the Bengals to take only the 13 pick and a 3rd to move down. In fact, charity's not even the word. But, whatever, if even if they would that would mean Chad Johnson was essentially being dealt for a 5th and a 6th.

I'm gonna have to say 'no'.

[quote name='Big Alice' post='764190' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:43 PM']Is this a joke?

I had to read it half a dozen times. What it should say is:

Redskins get Chad Johnson OR #6 pick

Bengals get the #13 pick, a third, a fifth, and a sixth.

It would be an absolute act of charity for the Bengals to take only the 13 pick and a 3rd to move down. In fact, charity's not even the word. But, whatever, if even if they would that would mean[b] Chad Johnson was essentially being dealt for a 5th and a 6th. [/b]

I'm gonna have to say 'no'.[/quote]

which is why I said
[quote]You know, after typing that out and figuring that out, it probably would be a bad deal for the Bengals value wise[/quote]

;)

Do people that think Jason Campbell is bad even watch football?

He has been in 3 different systems in his 3 years of playing. He has improved his QB rating EVERY year in the NFL. year 1 76.5, year 2 77.6, year 3 84.3 so his career QB rating is 80.4.

Is he a star? no. is he bad? definitely not. is he improving? definitely. does he have a lot more ability? definitely.

Campbell is in a contract year. Wouldn't surprise me if they drafted Sanchez and started whomever wins at camp. Say it's Sanchez, Campbell back's up for year and is not tendered. Campbell plays well, starts and has a decent season, they franchise and trade him the following year.

The knock on Campbell is accuracy. Yes, he's had to contend with new OCs every year, and St. Gibbs ran an ultra conservative offense. Last year Campbell had early success and then Zorn, a first year coach went conservative. That and Synder kowtowing to the act known as Portis didn't help.

That all said, it's a real possibility that Snyder would trade up to get Sanchez. It's equally possible that they'd again make an offer for trade, probably not one Mikey would accept.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='764125' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:39 PM']agree, but i admire the fact the he tries and isn't scared to spend money to bring in top notch players.[/quote]

you would think he would try to find someone who knows what the hell they are doing... i had thought Joe Gibbs reigned him in a little but he needs a competent GM, the fact that he's willing to spend money and try things you would think he would have done better on that end of things

ah well not the bengals dont care

[quote name='GoBengals' post='764130' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:54 PM']:ninja:

i dont like black ninjas either..[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='764128' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:50 PM']I'd love to see Choad's antics if he were to be traded there, and having to catch passes from a rookie QB in that division. :lol:[/quote]

I don't think he'd care as long as he got a new contract as part of the deal. It's very obvious to me that Chad is all about the money...

Archived