Offensive Coordinators Rankings

They rank Bratkowski 8th . . .

[img]http://sportingnewstoday-cdn.texterity.com/tcprojects/sportingnewstoday/sportingnewstoday/inbox/63682/imgpages/75/snt20090603_0025_fg.png[/img]

[url="http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20090603/?pg=25&pm=1&u1=friend"]http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnews...1&u1=friend[/url]

[quote name='Jason' post='780101' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:12 AM']Anybody got a microscope I can borrow?[/quote]

Or you could just click where it says CLICK HERE TO VIEW FULL IMAGE.
Or, you could actually click on the link and go to the page it is posted.

But if you want to use a microscope, I am sure globetrotter will let
you use his when he is done pissing.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='780107' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:34 AM'][b]Or you could just click where it says CLICK HERE TO VIEW FULL IMAGE.[/b]
Or, you could actually click on the link and go to the page it is posted.

But if you want to use a microscope, I am sure globetrotter will let
you use his when he is done pissing.[/quote]

That isn't there on my computer.

[quote name='Jason' post='780110' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:38 AM']That isn't there on my computer.[/quote]

You don't see a black bar at the top of the photo that says
"REDUCED: 66% of orginal size [766 X 510] - Click here to view full image" ?

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='780121' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:14 AM']Wierd...
1.ravens
2.Chiefs, waaaat

6.Lions, hmmm 0-16 earns you a 6th ranking

8.Bengals[/quote]

It is ranking the OCs, not the Offenses.

Cam Cameron was an outstanding OC with the Chargers.
And helped the Ravens make it to the AFC Championship.

Chan Gailey just took over the Cheifs last season. And has an impressive resume.

Scott Linehan wasn't with the Lions last season. He was the Head Coach of the Rams.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='780114' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:52 AM']You don't see a black bar at the top of the photo that says
"REDUCED: 66% of orginal size [766 X 510] - Click here to view full image" ?[/quote]

Nope. My screen is large enough that I am getting the full sized image.

And the print is still small.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='780119' date='Jun 3 2009, 11:09 AM']Dear God.[/quote]

No kidding.... my initial reaction was WTF! And I just got done watching the Carson video up on Bengals.com and had another WTF moment. Paraphrasing but the question was about some of the offseason changes to the playbook - Carson says ''yeah we are looking at what other teams have done and have been successful doing'.

Ok, nothing wrong at looking what other teams have done and yes I applaud that. But what about the so called "genius" maybe leading the way in Offensive Innovation......

Yep the guy is definitely the mad scientist..... <sarcasm>

[quote name='Lucid' post='780139' date='Jun 3 2009, 11:35 AM']???[/quote]

ah, perhaps too much of an inside joke to make sense.... sorry.... i am a Magic fan, and i googled "degeneration x suck it" for images, and a random dwight howard pic showed up....

[quote name='BengalBrandon' post='780144' date='Jun 3 2009, 11:49 AM']So is Dwight telling all Brat haters to suck it? Or tell the article writers to suck it?[/quote]

stupid people who have nothing to back thier bratkowski hatred with..

fools who i have argued with for years...

people whos absurd reality is "he has had an entire career of amazing success at every single level of football ever coached, had a top 10 offense every season until 2008, when his entire offense was depleted to injury, linemen, qb, rb(too shit play at least) WR's, etc.. but someone, they think somewhere out there.. there is an OC who has a game plan for a swiss cheese oline and ryan fitzpatrick to have great successes.....

if the line suck and the rb's suck and the wr's are injured and suck... has nothing to do with the OC... they simply draw up formations and plays... and his scheme when 50% of his offense isnt depleted, is top 10 every single year, even when kitna was QB here.

people arent smart enough to understand that position coaches exist and they have responsibilities of their players carrying out the plays for anything to be successful....you make the most of what you've got.

from the mindless idiots here who dont understand what they are talking about to the fools on their blogs and such its the same arguments, none of which are remotely accurate or make any sense...

"every time, its run run pass" - which i pulled the stats from every single game last year, in the game logs,not ONCE, NOT A SINGLE GAME, did we have series go run run pass over 45% of the time, and the season average was either 33 or 37%...

they pull out a quote from tj that said something like "stop being scared and just call the plays" well... bob is in a booth, and tj doesnt have a headset in his helmet, so he has zero communication with the OC, except at halftime, he is referring to Marvin's on the spot decision making, on both offense and defensive calls, marvin has the call what to try to do in any scenario, go for it on 4th n short, near the goalline, try to score before the half or run the clock to get to the half, etc... which is what TJ was referring to.... dont get me wrong, tj hates bob, tj thinks he is randy moss and is pissed he was limited to possession duty here, funny the seahawks told him his job would remain the same there... guess they agree.

one clueless sole even has in his sig, "1 winning season in X years" as some sort of proof that brat isnt a good OC... how does that even make sense? the offense ranked top 10 and the defense top 5, yet somehow its the OC's fault we had 1 winning season?

its mind numbing buffoonery.

you spend 9 months creating an offense that revolves around your personnel, and if the skillsets of the people on the field change dramatically, your in a heap of trouble and your playbook is shrunk to about 20% of its original size, you can try to work a few plays in over a few weeks, but they still arent as crisp as having ota, mini, and training camp and preseason to master them.. 3-4 days of practice isnt enough time to add new material in successfully, its not high school.

i think everyone saw wide open wide receivers last year... and saw the ball sailing over their heads from fitz.....in more than one game..... bob isnt throwing any passes.. and there are no plays for "that dude sucks and has no time to throw"

[quote name='GoBengals' post='780157' date='Jun 3 2009, 01:38 PM']ah, perhaps too much of an inside joke to make sense.... sorry.... i am a Magic fan, and i googled "degeneration x suck it" for images, and a random dwight howard pic showed up....

stupid people who have nothing to back thier bratkowski hatred with..

fools who i have argued with for years...

people whos absurd reality is "he has had an entire career of amazing success at every single level of football ever coached, had a top 10 offense every season until 2008, when his entire offense was depleted to injury, linemen, qb, rb(too shit play at least) WR's, etc.. but someone, they think somewhere out there.. there is an OC who has a game plan for a swiss cheese oline and ryan fitzpatrick to have great successes.....

if the line suck and the rb's suck and the wr's are injured and suck... has nothing to do with the OC... they simply draw up formations and plays... and his scheme when 50% of his offense isnt depleted, is top 10 every single year, even when kitna was QB here.

people arent smart enough to understand that position coaches exist and they have responsibilities of their players carrying out the plays for anything to be successful....you make the most of what you've got.

from the mindless idiots here who dont understand what they are talking about to the fools on their blogs and such its the same arguments, none of which are remotely accurate or make any sense...

"every time, its run run pass" - which i pulled the stats from every single game last year, in the game logs,not ONCE, NOT A SINGLE GAME, did we have series go run run pass over 45% of the time, and the season average was either 33 or 37%...

they pull out a quote from tj that said something like "stop being scared and just call the plays" well... bob is in a booth, and tj doesnt have a headset in his helmet, so he has zero communication with the OC, except at halftime, he is referring to Marvin's on the spot decision making, on both offense and defensive calls, marvin has the call what to try to do in any scenario, go for it on 4th n short, near the goalline, try to score before the half or run the clock to get to the half, etc... which is what TJ was referring to.... dont get me wrong, tj hates bob, tj thinks he is randy moss and is pissed he was limited to possession duty here, funny the seahawks told him his job would remain the same there... guess they agree.

one clueless sole even has in his sig, "1 winning season in X years" as some sort of proof that brat isnt a good OC... how does that even make sense? the offense ranked top 10 and the defense top 5, yet somehow its the OC's fault we had 1 winning season?

its mind numbing buffoonery.

you spend 9 months creating an offense that revolves around your personnel, and if the skillsets of the people on the field change dramatically, your in a heap of trouble and your playbook is shrunk to about 20% of its original size, you can try to work a few plays in over a few weeks, but they still arent as crisp as having ota, mini, and training camp and preseason to master them.. 3-4 days of practice isnt enough time to add new material in successfully, its not high school.

i think everyone saw wide open wide receivers last year... and saw the ball sailing over their heads from fitz.....in more than one game..... bob isnt throwing any passes.. and there are no plays for "that dude sucks and has no time to throw"[/quote]

I agree with that, I never understood the Brat hatred. 2005 it was all Carson Palmer, that's why we were successful, it wasn't the offensive line, wasn't the receivers, wasn't the coaches, it was Carson. When Carson threw his career high in interceptions a few years back it was all Brat's fault because of the play calling. Idiotic if you ask me.

I am not willing to say that Brat is a offensive guru or anything, but his resume from the University of Miaim to the Seahawks to the Bengals proves that he is a solid OC.

What gets me is the people who think that a great OC can come up with an entirely new playbook every year or even week to week. They complain about his predictability, but ANY fan of ANY team that watches every single game will have a good feel for what thei OC is going to do in a certain situation. Winning football games is not about creating a new scheme every week to surprise the opponent. Winning football games is about execution by the players on the field.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='780175' date='Jun 3 2009, 02:17 PM']So is it true that he once had a top 3 offense with the Seattle Seahawks? If true that should solidify his greatness. We are lucky that he has turned down head coaching job offer after job offer to stay with us.[/quote]

In '97 the Seahawks were third overall in total offense, Brat was the OC then.

[quote name='BengalBrandon' post='780192' date='Jun 3 2009, 03:50 PM']In '97 the Seahawks were third overall in total offense, Brat was the OC then.[/quote]

And he was th OC for the Unioversity of Miami when they won a couple of National Chamionships.

Archived