TOP 10 Games...

Hey all! I thought now that Marvin has been here for 101 games with a 50-50-1 record we could share our favorite games since he arrived...

1. BENGALS @ STEELERS, Dec 4, 2005 Week 12 - W 38-31: Legendary. This game saw the Bengals go in and take the division from the Steelers. Tab Perry dragging the Steeler player 20 yards on the kickoff return toward the end of the game was a great scene. As was TJ shining his shoes postgame with them stupid yellow towels. This is the game that gave us the division, and set us up for a home playoff game a month later.

2. CHIEFS @ BENGALS, Nov 16, 2003 Week 11 - W 24-19: This game was awesome, the atmosphere at the game that day was insane. The Chiefs entered the game 9-0 and many believed they would role over the Bengals. Peter Warrick's punt return for a TD was amazing and the Bengals went on to win a game that helped remove the "Bengals" moniker that had followed us for over a decade. It made the Bengals relevant again, and I believe it was the start of our sell out streak on the line this Sunday vs. Houston.

3. STEELERS @ BENGALS, Sept 27, 2009 Week 3 - W 23-20: Its only been a couple weeks, but this game belongs high on this list. The 4th quarter of that game was epic. The 4th down conversions were great, especially Leonard's dive for the 1st down. The crowd went nuts when Caldwell caught that TD pass to put us up. Walking out of the stadium to the WHO DEYS and high fives was like never before. The Steelers fans went home crying. This game was the first Bengal/Steeler game since the Kimo cheap shot that was this awesome.

3. BENGALS 2 RAVENS, Dec 5, 2004 Week 12 - W 27-26 - The 4th quarter comeback in Baltimore. A classic. I remember being NYC that day, searching for a place to see the Bengals game. After a long day I was sitting in a restaurant under the Empire State Building when I saw the Bengals down 24 points or so, entering the 4th quarter. I was upset, but I sat there watching a different game they had on, really just to see the Bengals score flash on the screen from time to time. Then, I saw that the Bengals had tied it and were kicking the extra point with virtually no time left. It was crazy, and rewatching that game was awesome.

4. STEELERS @ BENGALS, Jan 6, 2006 Wild Card Weekend - L 31-17: A loss? Yes, this game was memorable any way you look at it. The 66 yard pass ply from Palmer to Henry was brilliant, and I remember jumping for joy that the Bengals were going to not only make the playoffs, but win a game. Then I saw Carson, and almost cried. Waiting 15 years for a playoff game and having our Pro Bowl QB knocked out (intentionally?) on the first series was brutal. This game has fueled our most intense rivalry over the last few years, with the hated Pittsburgh Steelers who went on to win the Super Bowl. Anyone in attendance that day felt that energy in that stadium, the Bengals would have killed the Steelers if it was not for Kimo. Damn.

5. RAVENS @ BENGALS, Sept 10, 2007 Week 1 - W 27-20: This game is ranked high because I was sitting in the endzone as the Bengals made the longest goal line stand to win the opening game on MNF before a crazy crowd that night. The whole game was great, turnovers from the Ravens everywhere, but the final few minutes as the Ravens played 6 or more plays from inside the 5 was amazing. The south endzone was loud that night, and it was a spectacular way to begin the season.

6. BRONCOS @ BENGALS, Oct 25, 2004 Week 6 - W 23-10: The Bengals received their first home MNF game in years and despite what many believed would be a Broncos romping, the Bengals were spectacular. Carson Palmer had looked shaky to start his first full season under center, but this is the game that marked his turning point into what I believe is today one of the best QBs in the league.

7. BENGALS @ RAVENS, Oct 11, 2009 Week 5 - W 17-14: I never expected the Bengals to win this one. Going i I was hoping to keep it close so that I thought we had a chance of beating them here, but the B rallied late yet again to stun the Ravens. It was another classic, especially seeing Ray Lewis cost his team the game, and the D putting up a spectacular performace for Coach Zim.

8. BENGALS @ LIONS, Dec 18, 2005 Week 14 - W 41-17: The division clincher. The Bengals romped the Lions, and I was in attendance. Prior to the game Lions fans marched around the stadum dressed in orange with Fire Millen! signs. The orange-out made the game look like it was in Cincinnati. It was an awesome game, and following the game my younger brother received Tony Stewart's glove he wore during the game as we cheered the division champs off the field. It was a fun day, and put us back in the playoffs!

9. BENGALS @ BROWNS, Oct 4, 2009 Week 4 - W 23-20 (OT): Why? Well on the Saturday night before I attended a party with a bunch of my dad's friends and my dad. About 3AM Sunday morning still out sitting around the firepit drinking beers someone said let's go to the game today. Crazily, a few hours later we were off. Bought tickets as we walked in, and saw a crazy game. It should not have been that close bt it was sure exciting sitting there to watch it. WHO DEYS rang though the stadium when Shayne punched the field goal through with 4 seconds left in OT. Driving back home was a pain, but well worth it after a win. 36 hours of no sleep was tough.

10. BENGALS @ TITANS, Oct 16, 2005 Week 6 - W 31-23: This was the first road game I had ever attended. My dad, brother, and I drove down to see the game and it was another wonderful performace. Odell Thruman had a huge interception that set up the Bengal victory.

[quote name='scharm' date='14 October 2009 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1255552611' post='816313']
That's a good list.

A game I would add would be beating the Steelers in 2003 in Pitt in final minutes.
[/quote]

I also think the 2006 win against the Steelers with Carson's 4 long TD passes being enough to win
Post-Kimo when nothing else was working - not the line, or the run game. 28-20 and I think we were 3-0.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='14 October 2009 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1255553856' post='816320']
I also think the 2006 win against the Steelers with Carson's 4 long TD passes being enough to win
Post-Kimo when nothing else was working - not the line, or the run game. 28-20 and I think we were 3-0.
[/quote]

Agreed. The top 8 on his list was good...I would replace the last 2 with this game above against the steelers week 3 against the Steelers in 06 and then I would replace the last one with the Ravens at Bengals in 2006, thursday night game where we won 13-7 to go to 7-5. Baltimore was really good that year and we gave them 1 of their 3 losses. It was a big win and almost gave us back to back shut outs until Derrick Mason scored with not a lot of time left in the 4th quarter, on a play that should have been offensive PI if i remember correctly.

Awesome list.

For me, it has to be Carsons coming out game against Baltimore coming from 24 down to win. Absolutely awesome. Will never forget that.

Special mention goes to the game where Steve McNair gets hurt and they show Kyle Boller on the sideline warming up and he throws the ball at the ground. Will never forget that either.

[quote name='JC' date='14 October 2009 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1255557593' post='816343']
Awesome list.

For me, it has to be Carsons coming out game against Baltimore coming from 24 down to win. Absolutely awesome. Will never forget that.
[/quote]

That game was absolutely amazing. That will remain #1 for as long as I'm a Bengals fan.

[quote name='Duke Nukem' date='14 October 2009 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1255551663' post='816302']
Hey all! I thought now that Marvin has been here for 101 games with a 50-50-1 record we could share our favorite games since he arrived...

1. BENGALS @ STEELERS, Dec 4, 2005 Week 12 - W 38-31: Legendary. This game saw the Bengals go in and take the division from the Steelers. Tab Perry dragging the Steeler player 20 yards on the kickoff return toward the end of the game was a great scene. As was TJ shining his shoes postgame with them stupid yellow towels. This is the game that gave us the division, and set us up for a home playoff game a month later.

2. CHIEFS @ BENGALS, Nov 16, 2003 Week 11 - W 24-19: This game was awesome, the atmosphere at the game that day was insane. The Chiefs entered the game 9-0 and many believed they would role over the Bengals. Peter Warrick's punt return for a TD was amazing and the Bengals went on to win a game that helped remove the "Bengals" moniker that had followed us for over a decade. It made the Bengals relevant again, and I believe it was the start of our sell out streak on the line this Sunday vs. Houston.

3. STEELERS @ BENGALS, Sept 27, 2009 Week 3 - W 23-20: Its only been a couple weeks, but this game belongs high on this list. The 4th quarter of that game was epic. The 4th down conversions were great, especially Leonard's dive for the 1st down. The crowd went nuts when Caldwell caught that TD pass to put us up. Walking out of the stadium to the WHO DEYS and high fives was like never before. The Steelers fans went home crying. This game was the first Bengal/Steeler game since the Kimo cheap shot that was this awesome.

3. BENGALS 2 RAVENS, Dec 5, 2004 Week 12 - W 27-26 - The 4th quarter comeback in Baltimore. A classic. I remember being NYC that day, searching for a place to see the Bengals game. After a long day I was sitting in a restaurant under the Empire State Building when I saw the Bengals down 24 points or so, entering the 4th quarter. I was upset, but I sat there watching a different game they had on, really just to see the Bengals score flash on the screen from time to time. Then, I saw that the Bengals had tied it and were kicking the extra point with virtually no time left. It was crazy, and rewatching that game was awesome.

[b]4. STEELERS @ BENGALS, Jan 6, 2006 Wild Card Weekend - L 31-17: A loss? Yes, this game was [color="#FF0000"]memorable[/color] any way you look at it. The 66 yard pass ply from Palmer to Henry was brilliant, and I remember jumping for joy that the Bengals were going to not only make the playoffs, but win a game. Then I saw Carson, and almost cried. Waiting 15 years for a playoff game and having our Pro Bowl QB knocked out (intentionally?) on the first series was brutal. This game has fueled our most intense rivalry over the last few years, with the hated Pittsburgh Steelers who went on to win the Super Bowl. Anyone in attendance that day felt that energy in that stadium, the Bengals would have killed the Steelers if it was not for Kimo. Damn.[/b]

5. RAVENS @ BENGALS, Sept 10, 2007 Week 1 - W 27-20: This game is ranked high because I was sitting in the endzone as the Bengals made the longest goal line stand to win the opening game on MNF before a crazy crowd that night. The whole game was great, turnovers from the Ravens everywhere, but the final few minutes as the Ravens played 6 or more plays from inside the 5 was amazing. The south endzone was loud that night, and it was a spectacular way to begin the season.

6. BRONCOS @ BENGALS, Oct 25, 2004 Week 6 - W 23-10: The Bengals received their first home MNF game in years and despite what many believed would be a Broncos romping, the Bengals were spectacular. Carson Palmer had looked shaky to start his first full season under center, but this is the game that marked his turning point into what I believe is today one of the best QBs in the league.

7. BENGALS @ RAVENS, Oct 11, 2009 Week 5 - W 17-14: I never expected the Bengals to win this one. Going i I was hoping to keep it close so that I thought we had a chance of beating them here, but the B rallied late yet again to stun the Ravens. It was another classic, especially seeing Ray Lewis cost his team the game, and the D putting up a spectacular performace for Coach Zim.

8. BENGALS @ LIONS, Dec 18, 2005 Week 14 - W 41-17: The division clincher. The Bengals romped the Lions, and I was in attendance. Prior to the game Lions fans marched around the stadum dressed in orange with Fire Millen! signs. The orange-out made the game look like it was in Cincinnati. It was an awesome game, and following the game my younger brother received Tony Stewart's glove he wore during the game as we cheered the division champs off the field. It was a fun day, and put us back in the playoffs!

9. BENGALS @ BROWNS, Oct 4, 2009 Week 4 - W 23-20 (OT): Why? Well on the Saturday night before I attended a party with a bunch of my dad's friends and my dad. About 3AM Sunday morning still out sitting around the firepit drinking beers someone said let's go to the game today. Crazily, a few hours later we were off. Bought tickets as we walked in, and saw a crazy game. It should not have been that close bt it was sure exciting sitting there to watch it. WHO DEYS rang though the stadium when Shayne punched the field goal through with 4 seconds left in OT. Driving back home was a pain, but well worth it after a win. 36 hours of no sleep was tough.

10. BENGALS @ TITANS, Oct 16, 2005 Week 6 - W 31-23: This was the first road game I had ever attended. My dad, brother, and I drove down to see the game and it was another wonderful performace. Odell Thruman had a huge interception that set up the Bengal victory.
[/quote]

"Memorable"?

Yes.

"Top"?

No.

Archived