Go Colts!!!

Im sorta conflicted again like the Steelers Denver game.

If the Colts win we are second by ourselves and are in decent position to grab the #2 seed.

However, if NE can beat the pats, that only puts us a game behind the Colts for the number 1 overall seed, but it also keeps NE tied with us at 7-2.

If the colts lose a number 1 seed isnt out of the question, even if they have a fairly easy schedule. But then again getting a bye first is more important. I dont know, tough call.

If the pats win we both have two AFC losses, so were tied for 2nd with the Colts being 1 game ahead.

There really is no bad outcome here, but I would love to have sole possession. Any given sunday, but the colts have a cupcake schedule after this game.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 November 2009 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1258333925' post='828330']
If the pats win we both have two AFC losses, so were tied for 2nd with the Colts being 1 game ahead.

There really is no bad outcome here, but I would love to have sole possession. Any given sunday, but the colts have a cupcake schedule after this game.
[/quote]

Yeah so much can happen in the last 7 weeks that I really dont know who to root for, either way a team tied with us (Pats) or ahead of us (Colts) gets a loss, so it cant really hurt us.

Either way we are going to be rooting against both these teams the rest of the year pretty much.

Remaining schedules for both teams...

Colts

NE
@Baltimore
@Houston
Tennessee
Denver
@Jax
NYJ
Buffalo

That schedule actually isnt that easy, I could see them losing to NE, either Baltimore or Houston, and maybe even against Tenn, Denver or Jax.

I mean they could also win them all, but them losing 2-3 games is possible.

NE goes
@Indy
NYJ
@NO
@Miami
Carolina
@Buffalo
Jax
Houston

They could also lose another 1-3 games.

I think I want NE to win tonight, then will worry about each team losing a couple more games and we'll sneak in as the number 1 seed!

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 November 2009 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1258333266' post='828325']
They win tonight and were the #2 seed (so far)
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure we're the #2 regardless of what happens tonight.

I'm torn. A colts win helps us get a bye, and that's the way I'm leaning, but a patriots wins gets Peyton manning one step closer to having to play an outdoor game in the playoffs. I don't know if we want the Colts having home field throughout the playoffs. If we play the colts, I want them in bad weather where peyton struggles and with their D that can't stop the run.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='15 November 2009 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1258337573' post='828382']
I'm pretty sure we're the #2 regardless of what happens tonight.

I'm torn. A colts win helps us get a bye, and that's the way I'm leaning, but a patriots wins gets Peyton manning one step closer to having to play an outdoor game in the playoffs. I don't know if we want the Colts having home field throughout the playoffs.
[/quote]

Tied for it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='15 November 2009 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1258337836' post='828387']
I know that, but we have the tiebreakers over NE right now.
[/quote]

What's the 3rd tie breaker because we both have the same record and both have two losses in the afc.

I definitely want a colts win, with the vikings and us having to go to SD still i think we're looking at the #2 seed, i don't see the colts losing 2 games. I see the patriots losing 4 games, 1 here tonight and 1 vs the Saints.

colts 15-1 ish
Bengals 13-3ish
Patriots 12-4

Looks a lot better imo.

We pretty much have to beat SD they could go undefeated the rest of the season and end up 13-3 thus getting the #2 seed because they beat us. So that's a huge game!

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='15 November 2009 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1258337945' post='828389']
What's the 3rd tie breaker because we both have the same record and both have two losses in the afc.
[/quote]

not sure off hand, but we had the tiebreaker over them coming into today, and I don't see how that would change with us both winning conference games.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='15 November 2009 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1258337972' post='828391']
One positive about our remaining schedule is that our hardest game is against an NFC team. THe first tiebreaker is conference record, so if we win the rest of our games but lose to Minnesota and Indy or NE or someone finish 13-3 too with 3 afc losses, we get the advantage.
[/quote]

The Chargers are playing pretty damn well as of late idk.

If it was in cinnati i think it wouldn't be a big deal, but we have to go to the west coast. Luckily we play Oakland next week as a tune up!

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='15 November 2009 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1258338216' post='828398']
not sure off hand, but we had the tiebreaker over them coming into today, and I don't see how that would change with us both winning conference games.
[/quote]

Isn't the first tiebreaker conference w's/l's?

We lost two, one to the Broncos and one to the Texans

They lost two, one to Jets and one to the Broncos.

So if thats the case it has to come down to whatever that 2nd tiebreaker is.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='15 November 2009 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1258338358' post='828403']
I think it is strength of schedule.
[/quote]

No strength of victory is the 4th. 3rd is record vs common opponents. 1st being head to head but we dont play, 2nd being conference record.

NE and Cin have both played Baltimore and Denver. NE split and we are 2-1 against them.

So right now we have the edge. Future games that will be common opponents are NYJs and Houston. Theyve lost to NYJ once and play them again, and weve lost to Houston.

So we are 2-2 against like opponents and they are 1-2, with them still having to play NYJ and Houston and us having to Play NYJ.

MEANING, if us and NE end up with the same record and same conference record, we need to be NYJ and hopefullly they will lose to either the jets again or Houston. If both teams go 3-2 then it will go to strength of victory.

[list=1][*][b]Head-to-head, if applicable. [/b][*][b]Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. [/b][*][b]Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four. [/b][*][b]Strength of victory. [/b][*][b]Strength of schedule. [/b][*][b]Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed. [/b][*][b]Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed. [/b][*][b]Best net points in conference games. [/b][*][b]Best net points in all games. [/b][*][b]Best net touchdowns in all games. [/b][*][b]Coin toss. [/b][/list]

Archived