Ideal and realistic playoff teams and seeds in the AFC

Now obviously everyone wants and hopes the bengals to get the number 1 seed.

This thread is for what you want, but also what you realistically think will happen. Now the bengals could get the number 1 seed but it would be pretty tough at this point, unless they lose tonight to NE.

It would also be ideal if Pittsburgh didnt make the playoffs, but i dont think there is a very good shot they dont make it with their remaining schedule.

So my realistic yet hopeful playoff setup for the AFC...

1. Colts
2. Bengals.
3. Pats
4. Chargers ( i think denver continues to fall apart)
5. Steelers
6. Houston/Baltimore

So bengals and Colts get a bye, but we also wouldnt have to play the steelers until the AFC championship if they made it there and we would get to play at home.

Pats would play Baltimore or Houston with the winner having to come to cincy for a second round game, which I think we could win.

Then hopefully the Chargers would beat both the Steelers and Colts and have to come to cincy for the AFC championship game.

I know its WAY to early to think about this, but I was just wondering what everyones ideal and realistic scenarios would be.

Okay, here is a question. It is likely the Steelers make the playoffs as the 5 seed (if we win the division). If we are the 2nd seed the Pats will be the 3rd with the winner of the west the 4th. Steelers 5 and whoever 6th. IF this plays off the Steelers will beat Denver or San Diego. Would you rather be the 3rd seed and face the 6 seed and then Indy in round 2 or play the Steelers for the 3rd time? Just food for thought. Ideally, I'd like us to catch Indy.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='15 November 2009 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1258334883' post='828348']
Okay, here is a question. It is likely the Steelers make the playoffs as the 5 seed (if we win the division). If we are the 2nd seed the Pats will be the 3rd with the winner of the west the 4th. Steelers 5 and whoever 6th. IF this plays off the Steelers will beat Denver or San Diego. Would you rather be the 3rd seed and face the 6 seed and then Indy in round 2 or play the Steelers for the 3rd time? Just food for thought. Ideally, I'd like us to catch Indy.
[/quote]

You have your stuff kinda messed up.

If we are the 3rd seed and win we would go to the 2nd seed to play in the second round, which would be NE not Indy probably, assuming Indy is the 1 seed.

If we are the 2 seed and Pittsburgh is the 5 seed and they win they wouldnt come to Cincy in round 2 unless the 6th seed won their playoff game too.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='15 November 2009 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1258334883' post='828348']
[/quote]
I thought the higher seed played the lower seed no matter what? Only way we play the Steelers in the 2nd round in that scenario is if the 6th seed beats the Pats.

[quote name='jza10304' date='15 November 2009 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1258335753' post='828360']
I thought the higher seed played the lower seed no matter what? Only way we play the Steelers in the 2nd round in that scenario is if the 6th seed beats the Pats.
[/quote]

Correct, there is also no way we play the Colts in the 2nd round (if they are the 1 seed) unless we slip to the number 4, 5, or 6 seed.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='15 November 2009 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1258335185' post='828352']
You have your stuff kinda messed up.

If we are the 3rd seed and win we would go to the 2nd seed to play in the second round, which would be NE not Indy probably, assuming Indy is the 1 seed.

If we are the 2 seed and Pittsburgh is the 5 seed and they win they wouldnt come to Cincy in round 2 unless the 6th seed won their playoff game too.
[/quote]

Guess I need to hit delete. :)

Just thinking how many years I would lose on my life if our 1st playoff game since 2005 was against those fucks again.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='15 November 2009 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1258338519' post='828406']
[b]theoretical question for you: [/b] Keeping in mind how we've played on the road and our ability to run the ball, would you rather take the #3 seed and a possible game in new england, or allow Peyton Manning to play indoors throughout the playoffs?
[/quote]

Personally, I wouldn't want to play Peyton, period. No matter how beast a defense it, I just have this sick feeling that #18 would have it for lunch. And considering that we are no longer the powderkeg of an offense that we were back in 2005, it just seem that it would become a shootout. Even with Carson, I don't think that we are equipped to win that way anymore, despite the talent skill position players that we have. We aren't built that way anymore.

I wouldn't mind actually facing Pittsburgh or Baltimore again. Hell, give me New England. I would rather take my chances against Tom Brady than Peyton.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='15 November 2009 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1258338519' post='828406']
[b]theoretical question for you: [/b] Keeping in mind how we've played on the road and our ability to run the ball, would you rather take the #3 seed and a possible game in new england, or allow Peyton Manning to play indoors throughout the playoffs?
[/quote]

What?

I dont understand this question at all. What does us getting the 2 or 3 seed have anything to do with Peyton playing indoors throughout the playoffs? The only way peyton doesnt play indoors thoughout the playoffs is if us or NE gets the number 1 seed.

Im confused...

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='15 November 2009 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1258341551' post='828460']
I don't care what happens. I honestly don't wanna see the Steelers in the playoffs. I'm tired of them and done with them for the season.
[/quote]

I would be shocked if they didnt get a wild card.

Archived