6 round mock

1. Brian Price DT UCLA - I know alot of people will feel that DT is not a huge need but Price plays a similar game to Warren Sapp. He can get really good upfield push for a DT something I feel would make our D dominant.

2. Javier Arenas CB Alabama - Nickle corner and nice insurance in case we cannot retain both Joseph and Hall. Return ability will be a huge plus.

3. George Selvie DE/OLB USF - Use him as a hybrid DE/OLB like the ravens use Suggs. Injuries have slowed him down but when fully healthy can be a beast.

3b. Riley Cooper WR FLA - What can i say i love this kid. Playing style is almost a mirror of TJ. Will be a great 3rd down weapon and just knows how to get open.

4. Jacoby Ford WR Clemson - SPEED!!!!! I think he will be a better pro than college player. Size/speed similar to Desean Jackson but not nearly as polished.

5. John Jerry OG Ole Miss - Mauler in the run game. Massive size would be a good RG prospect.

6. Leigh Tiffin K ALA - need a kicker.

not a huge fan, especially using the first 3 picks on defense. Selvie will go higher IMO, as will Ford. Arenas may be gone by then too. I think 1 TE and 1 WR is more likely than 2 WR's.

This draft would certainly fill our needs and be a good draft, but I don't know that its realistic. Just my opinion though.

[quote name='Mikey6866' date='24 January 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1264388861' post='859421']
1. Brian Price DT UCLA - I know alot of people will feel that DT is not a huge need but Price plays a similar game to Warren Sapp. He can get really good upfield push for a DT something I feel would make our D dominant.

2. Javier Arenas CB Alabama - Nickle corner and nice insurance in case we cannot retain both Joseph and Hall. Return ability will be a huge plus.

3. George Selvie DE/OLB USF - Use him as a hybrid DE/OLB like the ravens use Suggs. Injuries have slowed him down but when fully healthy can be a beast.

3b. Riley Cooper WR FLA - What can i say i love this kid. Playing style is almost a mirror of TJ. Will be a great 3rd down weapon and just knows how to get open.

4. Jacoby Ford WR Clemson - SPEED!!!!! I think he will be a better pro than college player. Size/speed similar to Desean Jackson but not nearly as polished.

5. John Jerry OG Ole Miss - Mauler in the run game. Massive size would be a good RG prospect.

6. Leigh Tiffin K ALA - need a kicker.
[/quote]

I really don't see us going D the first 3 picks. And Selvie is Michael Johnson 2. CB is not a high need, but safety is.

And personally I prefer a free agent kicker to a draft pick. Rookies are way to inconsistent.

A few big problems here:
1.) If Price plays like Warren Sapp, he will be a top 5 pick. Obviously, he doesn't, so he won't.
2.) Why do people think we need so much help at D-Line? Taking a DE or a DT in the first three rounds makes as much sense as taking a Punter or a QB.
We have:
DT-Peko, Sims, Tank, Fanene, Clinton McDonald.
DE-Odom, Geathers, Frostee, Johnson.
That's a top-10 corp in the league. I have no problem with taking role players in the 4th round or later, but two in the first three rounds is crass.
3.) That said, moving Selvie to OLB would be a good idea for a 3rd round pick, just no higher.
4.) Arenas is a good pick in the 2nd round, but he is a project at CB.
5.) I don't know why people think that Riley Cooper isn't fast. After Caldwell left he had the best straight-line speed of any Gator.
6.) The 3 or 4 Clemson game I've watched over the last 3 years weren't filled with many Jacoby Ford sightings, but that's how it happens sometimes.
7.) We need starting guards in the draft, not projects. We are a starting guard, a burner WR, and a 3rd CB away from a deep playoff season.
8.) Leigh Tiffin is a great pick.

Thanks for the replies. I really dont see us going D in the 1st 3 rounds its just the way it panned out based on who i like and who i feel would be BPA. I would love to grab Oline help earlier but i like John Jerry alot and think he is going to be a very good RG in a couple of years. My other thinking is we have tools in place on offense to be a good offense but for some reason they werent clicking last year. Get Zimmer more defensive talent and we wont have to score much anyway.

As for the person who said if price was Warren Sapp he would be a top 5 pick.....Warren himself was not a top 5 pick. Ray Lewis didnt go until the end of the 1st round. Just because we draft somebody at 21 doesnt mean he cant be Warren Sapp. Price had something rediculous like 22 tackles for losses last year and 7 sacks as a DT. Not to mention he was defensive player of the year in the PAC-10. Watch the player before you speak. If i had to compare his style of play to any DT i have ever seen it would definately be Warren Sapp. You also said we have a top 10 defensive front and that Tank was on the team. Tank is a FA and i do hope we resign him but it is far from guaranteed that we will. Did you watch at the end of the year? Our Dline was so depleted we had almost no depth at DT by the end of the year. This defense made big improvements last year but still the sacks that I saw were mostly coverage sacks. The one thing that could take this defense into a dominating Defense is a DT that can penetrate and disrupt.

On to Selvie....he has been hurt and it has really affected him the past 2 years. I dont see any way he'll get drafted in the first 2 rounds unless he is unbelieveable up till the draft. I fully expect him to go into the 3rd round and likely be there when were picking in the 3rd.

[quote name='FulcherVulcher33' date='26 January 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1264551616' post='859855']
Yeah I remember hearing a lot about him, but what I have been hearing lately hasnt been real good, whats his deal?
[/quote]

He hasn't played anywhere close to what he did his sophomore year since.

Archived