Lost: The Final Season

Bengals1181

Setting up for a final battle?

People on dead jacobs side (maybe Jack, Hurley, Sun/Jin perhaps, Miles, Lapidus, Ilana) vs MIBs crew (Sayid, Claire, Sawyer, maybe Kate, etc)

I dont know if it would be an actual battle or what, but it looks like sides are definitely being made.

yea definitely setting up for a battle. I want to know where Ben and Widmore end up. I think Ben will die eventually, but I hope the preview is deceiving and its not next week.

Didn't get to watch tonight's episode super close so I'll have to re-watch. Really bummed about Dogen though!

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='02 March 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1267589304' post='866562']
yea definitely setting up for a battle. I want to know where Ben and Widmore end up. I think Ben will die eventually, but I hope the preview is deceiving and its not next week.

Didn't get to watch tonight's episode super close so I'll have to re-watch. Really bummed about Dogen though!
[/quote]

Im glad Dogen and a lot of the others are dead...its too late in the show to introduce new characters that have a big role in the final season, so im glad they took him out before he had the chance to be too big of a character. It would just lead to more unneccesary questions. Its time to answer them not ask them.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='03 March 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1267672225' post='866758']
Im glad Dogen and a lot of the others are dead...its too late in the show to introduce new characters that have a big role in the final season, so im glad they took him out before he had the chance to be too big of a character. It would just lead to more unneccesary questions. Its time to answer them not ask them.
[/quote]

I don't think adding Dogen was too much, and they explained his backstory basically last night so they had that out of the way.

There's plenty of time for answers and we've been getting them all season. I accidentally ran across some pictures from next week. Looks pretty good, and we'll see some new interactions between some characters who I don't think have ever talked to each other before.

Totally don't buy that Ben will die though. I think it may end up being Miles, or no one at all.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='03 March 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1267673013' post='866760']
I don't think adding Dogen was too much, and they explained his backstory basically last night so they had that out of the way.

There's plenty of time for answers and we've been getting them all season. I accidentally ran across some pictures from next week. Looks pretty good, and we'll see some new interactions between some characters who I don't think have ever talked to each other before.

Totally don't buy that Ben will die though. I think it may end up being Miles, or no one at all.
[/quote]

I think this season has been good, but we really havent gotten too many answers yet. We know that locke is smoke monster but we dont know anything about his past besides from that one scene he had with jacob. We know that there are candidates but dont know what that means. We know Jacob wanted them on the island but dont know why.

I donno. I think answers will keep coming, but we really havent received any big answers yet.

I heard an upcoming episode is richard centric which could be sweet if it delves into the history of the island.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='03 March 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1267673395' post='866761']

I heard an upcoming episode is richard centric which could be sweet if it delves into the history of the island.
[/quote]

We start to get some of that nerxt week even though its not his episode.

And provided Flocke is telling the truth, the candidates were brought to replace Jacob and maybe MIB too.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really curious to see how they rap up the ALT universe. I had heard it was only going to be a part of the first third of the season, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

As of right now, you could make the case that people's lives turn out better if Jacob had never "touched" them. Jack becomes a good father, Locke is happy, Sawyer becomes a cop and has yet to become a killer, Ben's a good teacher and selfless, Hurley's rich and the luckiest man alive, Sun and Jin seem to have a good marriage.

Also, for many it looks like even without Jacob's interference they still ended up on the flight and their lives still ran a similar course to its original one. Sawyer is still after the original Sawyer, Kate is still on the run, Sayid still becomes a killer, Jack still goes to Australia because his dad dies, Rose still gets cancer and (assumably) she and Bernard go to Australia to get healed, Locke still tries to go on his walkabout. So did Jacob make their lives worse and simply brought them to the island for his own selfish reasons (to replace him)? It could turn out that neither Jacob or MIB are really all that good.

Another theory is that the ALT universe is a vision of what Jacob and MIB have promised people. Claire was promise Aaron back and she got her back, Sayid was promised Nadia and got her back though not the way he expected. Hurley is a blessed (lucky) man as Jacob told him in the cab. Dogen got his son back.

• 4 weeks later...
looks like they are still keeping the end game a secret. Should be interesting to see how it ends. Likely Jack replacing Jacob as Locke's nemesis.

Suspect we'll see Juliet end up being Jack's ex-wife in the alt timeline too.

Speaking of the Alt-timeline, there's two groups forming. One at the hospital and one at the police station.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='20 April 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1271817427' post='879716']
looks like they are still keeping the end game a secret. Should be interesting to see how it ends. Likely Jack replacing Jacob as Locke's nemesis.

Suspect we'll see Juliet end up being Jack's ex-wife in the alt timeline too.

Speaking of the Alt-timeline, there's two groups forming. One at the hospital and one at the police station.
[/quote]

1. Has to be right? Jack has totally bought into this we are here for a reason mantra...then again they have us all leaning that way, it would make sense that its all a trick by the writers and they will go with someone else.

2. Probably.

3. Maybe Desmond combines the two groups at somepoint.

With regards to 2. Im guessing at some point in the Alt timeline, Jack and Juliet meet up with Sawyer and Kate somewhere (when the two groups meet up probably by the actions of Desmond). Jack meets Kate and Sawyer meets Juliet and all 4 have one of those things where they realize there was an alternate reality like Desmond, Charlie, and Hurley have already had.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='20 April 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1271817875' post='879721']
1. Has to be right? Jack has totally bought into this we are here for a reason mantra...then again they have us all leaning that way, it would make sense that its all a trick by the writers and they will go with someone else.

2. Probably.

3. Maybe Desmond combines the two groups at somepoint.

With regards to 2. Im guessing at some point in the Alt timeline, Jack and Juliet meet up with Sawyer and Kate somewhere (when the two groups meet up probably by the actions of Desmond). Jack meets Kate and Sawyer meets Juliet and all 4 have one of those things where they realize there was an alternate reality like [b]Desmond, Charlie, and Hurley have already had.[/b]
[/quote]

Sun had one too. She was afraid of Locke while she was being wheeled into the hospital.

Also, while I think Jack is the replacement for Jacob, I think Desmond is the only one who can kill MiB.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='20 April 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1271819288' post='879731']
Sun had one too. She was afraid of Locke while she was being wheeled into the hospital.

Also, while I think Jack is the replacement for Jacob, I think Desmond is the only one who can kill MiB.
[/quote]

What if no one can kill MIB? Cant kill him but need to prevent him from getting off the island...

Then Jack replaces Jacob.

Show ends, everyone is either dead or off the island probably all in the alternate timeline except jack and MIB.
Final scene is Jack and Locke (MIB) sitting on a rock locking out at the ocean, Locke makes a comment along the lines of "You know how bad I wanna kill you" and Jacks like "Yep."...fade to black.

Just my prediction.

Is anyone else annoyed by the utter lack of answers so far? I know they are working toward the finale, but its seems to be running out of time to not just have things all crunched into one episode at the end.

It will be interesting to rent the DVDs and go back and watch the whole thing once we see the end. I remember 5 years ago waiting for the very first episode to start, as the previews looked really interesting. Who could have guessed what I was in for over the next five years. The waiting each week, the frustration of 8 month long "vacations" from the show, the always hoping for answers (and never really finding them)... the figuring out of the various puzzles... and all along, trying to remember or recall everything from each of the other 50+ episodes.

Man, I am going to really miss this show when it goes off the air.

[quote name='big_dish' date='20 April 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1271822283' post='879746']
[b]Is anyone else annoyed by the utter lack of answers so far?[/b] I know they are working toward the finale, but its seems to be running out of time to not just have things all crunched into one episode at the end.

It will be interesting to rent the DVDs and go back and watch the whole thing once we see the end. I remember 5 years ago waiting for the very first episode to start, as the previews looked really interesting. Who could have guessed what I was in for over the next five years. The waiting each week, the frustration of 8 month long "vacations" from the show, the always hoping for answers (and never really finding them)... the figuring out of the various puzzles... and all along, trying to remember or recall everything from each of the other 50+ episodes.

Man, I am going to really miss this show when it goes off the air.
[/quote]

No. They've been tying up the smaller stuff, but obviously they aren't going to reveal ALL the bigger stuff just yet.

Plus, the producers have already said they aren't going to reveal EVERYTHING, just so that it keeps that wonder out there. That would apply to some of the smaller stuff IMO.

Archived