Lost: The Final Season

Bengals1181

[quote name='scharm' date='26 April 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1272245642' post='883768']
I think this season has lived up to the billing.

I ultimately think there is not good or bad side. I think the whole thing is natural conflict that people have within themselves. People thinking destiny on somethings but also thinking they can control their own path. Science vs. Fate etc.

Kinda like a kid when you know it's impossible for Santa to make all the deliveries but you still believe.

They are also playing off the Star Wars with the good and bad side of the force, IMO.

Jacob and MIB are like the good and bad angels that sit on the shoulders in the cartoons. It's natural that they fight each other but you can not kill one because ultimately the other would die kinda thing.

Over the year the whole show has played off this theme mixing in drama and mystery. I'll be sad when it is over.
[/quote]

I agree with this... I love it and will also be bummed when it's over...

It probably has something to do with how his smoke reacts with water, and some how Sawyer knew about it, not sure how though...

Anyone watch tonights episode?

It was solid and answered a lot of questions, but i feel like it could have answered and couple more, but still a good episode.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='11 May 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1273631785' post='887855']
It probably has something to do with how his smoke reacts with water, and some how Sawyer knew about it, not sure how though...

Anyone watch tonights episode?

It was solid and answered a lot of questions, but i feel like it could have answered and couple more, but still a good episode.
[/quote]

yea they answered a lot tonight, but also left some things open ended that I don't think we'll get answers to. Ie. Who finished the donkey wheel, and what exactly is the smoke monster (we may get the answer to that one).

Tonights episode:

Did any of you think this?

She knew what would happen if you went into the light, because she had done it herself. She was a smoke monster and that is how she was able to kill the whole village and cover the well up.

Also the man in black killed her with the dagger before she was able to speak. Just like has been mentioned before. Therefore she was released which is why she thanked him. And then earlier when Sayid was told by the guy at the temple how to kill Faux-Locke...with a sword. Just don't listen to them or let them talk you out of it.

I also think she was tainted by whatever happened in the light, and that's why she was partial to the man in black's lying and thinks killing to protect the island is the best way.

yes, yes I did. She obviously had been in the light, or been told what it was.

Curious to see how she made them ageless and unable to hurt each other. It was probably just a lie. They could have, but didn't. Now, MiB is smokey and Jacob is the protector, THAT's where they got their invincibility from, not her.

It might just be black sand? I am not sure if thats intentional or not? Very small sand particles/silt in shallow water (it may be much more shallow than it looks) would do something similar to that.

EDIT- I was replying to the screen grab 1181 posted...

Last nights episode was pretty good btw...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='12 May 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1273637626' post='887882']
Tonights episode:

Did any of you think this?

She knew what would happen if you went into the light, because she had done it herself. She was a smoke monster and that is how she was able to kill the whole village and cover the well up.

Also the man in black killed her with the dagger before she was able to speak. Just like has been mentioned before. Therefore she was released which is why she thanked him. And then earlier when Sayid was told by the guy at the temple how to kill Faux-Locke...with a sword. Just don't listen to them or let them talk you out of it.

I also think she was tainted by whatever happened in the light, and that's why she was partial to the man in black's lying and thinks killing to protect the island is the best way.
[/quote]

Yeah pretty good conclusions me thinks

on a programming note, set your recording devices accordingly. The finale (sunday the 23rd) is now 2 1/2 hours rather than 2. I also imagine they'll be a recap show before hand as the entire ABC Sunday lineup has their finales this weekend, so Lost will probably get that entire night.

The writers have said that it was important for them to not only make an ending that would satisfy Lost fans, but that becomes a part of pop culture as well (I'd imagine like "Who shot JR?").

Should be a doozy.

fyi, Lost is all over TV this week. Besides tomorrow nights episode:

[b]Saturday at 8pm:[/b] the 2 hour Series premiere

[b]Sunday at 7pm:[/b] a 2 hour series recap

[b]Sunday at 9pm:[/b] the 2 1/2 hour series finale

[b]Sunday/Monday at 12:05am:[/b] a 1 hour (Most all) cast reunion on Jimmy Kimmel Live with comments by the writers as well as alternate endings that were shot (most likely jokes).

Also multiple re-runs of "Before they were stars: the cast of Lost" on the TV Guide network all week.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='18 May 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1274238880' post='889129']
What did you guys think?

Kind of a meh episode to me...hopefully setting everything up for an amazing finale though.
[/quote]

I liked it. I like that they got the candidate thing out of the way and now the finale can just be the fight. I'm also interested in what Ben's motivation is. I expect him to double-cross Smokey at some point, and I also think something is up with Sawyer. He had an eye of jealousy when Jack got his "power". Also curious to see how Locke (using Desmond) and Desmond's new plans are going to shake out and which one is the true end game, if any.

So I was thinking about this the other day. What are your favorite 5 Lost moments/episodes? I'm not sure I can keep it to five. Exclude season premieres and finales since they are all pretty big episodes. Here's what I was thinking:

(in no order)

[b]All the Best Cowboys have daddy issues (season 1)[/b] - Hurley hung by a tree and revived by Jack, Locke/Boone find hatch.

[b]Two for the Road (season 2)[/b] - Michael kills Ana-Lucia and Libby, frees ben and shoots himself. Still the biggest "holy shit" moment of the show.

[b]The Other 48 Days (season 2)[/b] - the story of the tail section, ending with the death of Shannon and Sayid looking to go apeshit on Ana Lucia.

[b]I Do (season 3 )[/b] - Season 3 mid-season finale. Jack has Ben in surgery, Pickett is about to execute Sawyer. I'll admit it, I cheered when Sawyer wasn't killed.

[b]Dead is Dead (season 5)[/b] - Judgement Day for Ben with Smokey in the tunnels and the beginning of Locke/Smokey's mindfuck with Ben where Locke is now the manipulator and Ben is the pawn.

Yours?

Edit: Actually, I'd change Dead is Dead to "The Candidate" from a few weeks ago where Sayid, Jin, Sun, and Lapidus all bite it, Kate gets shot, etc...

another programming note, saw a commercial for "Dinner: Impossible" on the Food Network. They are doing a Lost episode tonight at 10pm. The description:

[quote][b]Robert's Lost Mission:[/b] Chef Irvine heads to Hawaii to cook for the "Lost" cast and crew. He'll have to rely on his improvisational skills when he's left at a deserted beach to prepare the gourmet meal using limited tools and ingredients.[/quote]

The Dinner: Impossible thing was pretty cool. Any Lost fan, and really anyone who likes to cook, would probably have enjoyed it.

Richard was kind of his "guide" throughout the show. He was able to go to a hardware store to make a makeshift kitchen, which included paint cans, car jacks, and a wheelbarrow. There was a Dharma food drop at one point with things like peanut butter, vodka and beans. Also other Lost related issues throughout the 7 hours he was given to make the kitchen, make the food, and get it to the set.

Couldn't make out much as far as what episode was being shot other than Sayid's on-island stunt double was there.

So any ending predictions? Maybe Locke and Jack sitting on the beach watching a plane crash or something? I'd have to imagine Sawyer, Kate, and Hurley either die or get off the island. I don't see the Island allowing much of a survival rate.

[quote name='ccartman2' date='20 May 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1274383049' post='889528']
So any ending predictions? Maybe Locke and Jack sitting on the beach watching a plane crash or something? I'd have to imagine Sawyer, Kate, and Hurley either die or get off the island. I don't see the Island allowing much of a survival rate.
[/quote]

My guess like over a month ago was that jack and locke become the only ones left on the island, jack is looking out over the ocean and locke makes a comment like "you know how bad i want to kill you" or something like that...but im starting to think that isnt very likely anymore.

Another option could be locke and/or the island is destroyed and people are sent to the alt timeline, but that doesnt seem like where they are leading.

Locke could get killed somehow, maybe by desmond?

Im not really sure how its going to play out...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='20 May 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1274392527' post='889556']
i think sawyer takes jacks place
[/quote]

Nice, but can he? Jack already drank the water.

I'm expecting Hurley to have a big purpose.

I think Desmond gets thrown into the light at some point like Locke wants but at the same time the Alt Desmond organizes something with the everyone to stop it. Both universes lead up to some simultaneous event.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='20 May 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1274393378' post='889558']
Nice, but can he? Jack already drank the water.

I'm expecting Hurley to have a big purpose.

I think Desmond gets thrown into the light at some point like Locke wants but at the same time the Alt Desmond organizes something with the everyone to stop it. Both universes lead up to some simultaneous event.
[/quote]

i think sawyer is jealous and will find a way to convince jack and jack will feel guilty for killing juliette and allow him. sawyer doesnt want to leave the island and jack just wants to do what they were "meant to do"

[quote name='Montecore' date='24 May 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1274673603' post='889780']
Well ...that ended kinda lame ...

I mean, I get it and all ...but they really didn't answer any questions other than what the flash sideways was ...

What the hell is the island?
[/quote]

Some are saying its purgatory and they all died in the crash...but i dont think it is. I could be wrong though

Archived