Lost: The Final Season

Bengals1181

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='01 February 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1265052503' post='861058']
watch ABC from 8-9pm tomorrow night.
[/quote]
No way. One of my friends from high school was really into this and I don't want to ruin anything if I ever decide to watch it. I am not going to tune in on the last season. I'll go buy the first season if I ever decide to watch it. I have a bad habit of never watching anything on television and then buying/renting the seasons and watching them all/most of it in one night. Kept doing it with The Office. Anyway, can you give me an overview of the thing?

[quote name='Tigris' date='01 February 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1265059060' post='861072']
No way. One of my friends from high school was really into this and I don't want to ruin anything if I ever decide to watch it. I am not going to tune in on the last season. I'll go buy the first season if I ever decide to watch it. I have a bad habit of never watching anything on television and then buying/renting the seasons and watching them all/most of it in one night. Kept doing it with The Office. Anyway, can you give me an overview of the thing?
[/quote]

8-9 is a recap of the first 5 seasons. Season premiere is at 9.

Lost isn't really one of those shows you can just explain. Each season the show gets more complex.

Here's the wikipedia description

[quote]Lost follows the lives of plane crash survivors on a mysterious tropical island, after a commercial passenger jet flying between Sydney, Australia, and Los Angeles, United States, crashes somewhere in the South Pacific. Each episode typically features a primary storyline on the island as well as a secondary storyline from another point in a character's life, though other time-related plot devices change this formula in later episodes.[/quote]

that's a very generic description. It's much more than that.

[quote name='Tigris' date='01 February 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1265059060' post='861072']
Anyway, can you give me an overview of the thing?
[/quote]

It's really nothing more than a modern day "Gilligan's Island" with less zaniness and fewer guest stars ...

One of my buddies told me he thought they were all dead and was in purgatory... along that line anyway. It was a while ago.

Every time I start watching something that's considered a hit, I get drawn back to it somehow. I watch The Biggest Loser and American Idol now. I know this is strange, but I feel really lazy when I watch TV unless it's a sporting event. Maybe it's all those damn reality shows the girlfriend watches. I hate the Kardashians, I hate The Bachelor, Real World, Jersey... there's more, I just can't remember. They have really made me not like evening television. It's so set up it makes me want to cut the power cord... but she can't stop watching it!? I don't understand.

[quote name='Tigris' date='03 February 2010 - 07:54 AM' timestamp='1265201678' post='861333']
One of my buddies told me he thought they were all dead and was in purgatory... along that line anyway. It was a while ago.

[/quote]
If that is the case I am going to be pissed that I wasted so much of my time watching the series. But probably not as pissed as I was at the "fade to black" Sopranos ending.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' date='05 February 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1265424581' post='861788']
If that is the case I am going to be pissed that I wasted so much of my time watching the series. But probably not as pissed as I was at the "fade to black" Sopranos ending.
[/quote]

Im pretty sure they have already come out saying that that wasnt true...so thats good.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='05 February 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1265427476' post='861794']
the producers have said its not purgatory, nor are they dead in anyway. It's also not all in someones head or in a snow globe, or related to aliens.
[/quote]
Thank god. As usual I am totally confused after that season premier.

[/quote]

www.google.com?
www.wikipedia.com?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Bengals1181' date='17 February 2010 - 10:20 AM' timestamp='1266420043' post='863907']
but that's what's great about it.
[/quote]

Yeah... supposedly in an episode coming up unlocke/smoke monster/man in black/jacobs nemsis or whatever you want to call him as like 4 straight pages of script talking about the history of the island (about man in black, jacob, richard etc)...cant wait for that scene.

Archived