Lost: The Final Season

Bengals1181

[quote name='whodey24k' date='24 May 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1274674519' post='889782']
[color="#808080"] [/color]I need to figure out how many episodes of lost there were, multiply that by 60 minutes. Then sue ABC my hourly wage x that amount
[/quote]

Uh why? I dont think they died in the crash like everyone thinks...

um the finale was fucking amazing...

Life is a journey. Just because your journey ends doesn’t mean it ends for others. Lost focused on Jack’s perspective. It began and ended with him. Just because he died, doesn’t mean that the others died as well. As Christian said, everyone dies, some earlier than you (Shannon, Sayid, Sun, Jin), some later (all of those who escaped on the plane). All of them faced a similar welcoming at the end. It was after they had all joined together (died) that they entered the afterlife together. Life is a process of weighing right and wrong. It’s a constant struggle, and the battle between MiB and Jacob illustrates that. There are always going to be others who oppose you. You are always an other yourself. The island was real, but the flash sideways was just a form of all of them reuniting upon their respective deaths. Here despite time they could transcend time together. In life we are lost, but in death we are found, by discovering what the journey really meant and those that meant the most to us.

[quote name='Montecore' date='23 May 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1274673603' post='889780']
Well ...that ended kinda lame ...

I mean, I get it and all ...but they really didn't answer any questions other than what the flash sideways was ...

What the hell is the island?
[/quote]

the island was a part of their life...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='23 May 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1274673827' post='889781']
Some are saying its purgatory and they all died in the crash...but i dont think it is. I could be wrong though
[/quote]

way wrong. the island, flashbacks and flashforwards were real.

the sideways story was where they went once they died and put their memories together so they could learn to let go and move on.

I LOVED the ending. By far the best series finale I have ever seen. Thurman has it right. The Island really happened. Christian says at the end there is no "time" here, here being the sideways flash. The sideways flash was a place for them to meet and move on to whatever follows. Since time doesn't exist there, it seems to us like it all happens at once, but as Thurman points out, some die before, and some after Jack.

One of the most moving pieces of tv work I have EVER seen.

While I will definitely miss Lost, this was the way to end it.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 May 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1274677057' post='889784']
um the finale was fucking amazing...

Life is a journey. Just because your journey ends doesn’t mean it ends for others. Lost focused on Jack’s perspective. It began and ended with him. Just because he died, doesn’t mean that the others died as well. As Christian said, everyone dies, some earlier than you (Shannon, Sayid, Sun, Jin), some later (all of those who escaped on the plane). All of them faced a similar welcoming at the end. It was after they had all joined together (died) that they entered the afterlife together. Life is a process of weighing right and wrong. It’s a constant struggle, and the battle between MiB and Jacob illustrates that. There are always going to be others who oppose you. You are always an other yourself. The island was real, but the flash sideways was just a form of all of them reuniting upon their respective deaths. Here despite time they could transcend time together. In life we are lost, but in death we are found, by discovering what the journey really meant and those that meant the most to us.
[/quote]

nicely put. I thought it was an amazing finale up until the last 5 minutes. I didn't hate the ending, completely understand it and why they did it, but don't LOVE it. Maybe because I envisioned it ending another way. I was kind of hoping they'd all end up back on the island living in the Dharma Barracks together, lol. I suppose that COULD have been the next scene by the way they ended it. They did all end up together in the end, which was nice.

I think its an ending that I'll appreciate more once I watch it again. No complaints at all on how the on-island story ended. It was perfect.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 May 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1274677188' post='889786']
the island was a part of their life...

way wrong. the island, flashbacks and flashforwards were real.

the sideways story was where they went once they died and put their memories together so they could learn to let go and move on.
[/quote]
I mean, yeah, I get it …the whole show was a character study so it was fitting that it ended with a final goodbye for the characters …I just was hoping there'd be a little more clarification on "the island" as a character …

In the end, it doesn't really matter how the island worked or why it was there as far as the characters went …but that doesn't make me want those answers any less!

Now that I've had some time to ponder it, I guess it really was a decent end of the show (loved the finale up until the last 20 minutes), but all the time I spent wondering about numbers, electromagnetic radiation, time travel, moving the island, good and evil, smokey in general, whether or not the cork was a Rembaldi artifact, four-toed Egyptians, basically the whole island mythology in a nutshell, was for naught. Kinda disappointing from a geek's standpoint ...

[quote name='whodey24k' date='24 May 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1274674519' post='889782']
[color="#808080"] [/color]I need to figure out how many episodes of lost there were, multiply that by 60 minutes. Then sue ABC my hourly wage x that amount
[/quote]

Haha - na, I'd settle for a redo of the last season. This entire season long flash-sideways storyline existed only to culminate the tale in some sort of "everybody's happy" blubberfest of a final scene? WTF?
Take away that entire portion of the final season (as it is revealed to have squat to do with anything regarding the island anyway) and what you're left with is a buildup to Jack uncorking/recorking the wine bottle and getting in a disappointing fistfight with Mr Smokey for destiny of the island. What??? With the island's eminent demise why was Lock just standing there anyway? The early questions of this show far out-intrigued the meager answers provided.
The writers pandered to a typical tear-drop finale when they could have blown some minds. Sans the Richard Alpert episode I don't think they delivered what the early seasons promised.
You may now resume your Lost apologist reach-around fest..

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 May 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1274752967' post='889887']
the only thing id like to know is someones theory on Ben not joining them. he obviously knew what was going on but was he just not ready to let go? let go of what? seems like all he had was the trust/respect hugo gave him
[/quote]

I don't think anyone who betrayed the core group was in the room.. No Michael either.
Would have been nice to bring back Mr. Ekko for the ending..

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='24 May 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1274754332' post='889889']
I don't think anyone who betrayed the core group was in the room.. No Michael either.
[/quote]

michael wasnt in the room because he couldnt forgive himself for the bad things he did in his life and is stuck on the island as a whisperer.

ecko (i believe was supposed to be the role that desmond ended up playing) but he was killed off the show because of problems between him and the shows producers which sucked cuz i really liked him.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 May 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1274755536' post='889890']
ecko (i believe was supposed to be the role that desmond ended up playing) but he was killed off the show because of problems between him and the shows producers which sucked cuz i really liked him.
[/quote]

Eko, was played by the dood that played Adebisi on Oz (the wildest motherfucker on that show).
He actually quit Lost because his parents were both killed and asked to be removed from the show..

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 May 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1274755762' post='889893']
I figured out the Ben thing. He didnt want to leave yet because he was in the midst of raising Alex and didnt want to let her down like he did in his real life.
[/quote]

If Jack had no son then Alex was never Ben's student.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='24 May 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1274758079' post='889897']
Eko, was played by the dood that played Adebisi on Oz (the wildest motherfucker on that show).
He actually quit Lost because his parents were both killed and asked to be removed from the show..

[/quote]

there was more behind eko leaving than just that. originally he was going to be on a leave and then they got into some problems from what i read.

the flash wasnt real life but it was a place for them to change/redeem/live a life they didnt get to live. ben wasnt ready to let go.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='24 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274758079' post='889897']

[/quote]

[quote]Purgatory is the condition or process of purification or temporary punishment[1] in which the souls of those who die in a state of grace are made ready for Heaven[/quote]

Definition of purgatory...i think the sideways timeline can best be summed up as purgatory...ben, in purgatory where alex is his student, wasnt ready to go into heaven with everyone else because he wasnt ready. He was still in the process of being "made ready for heaven".

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 May 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1274752967' post='889887']
the only thing id like to know is someones theory on Ben not joining them. he obviously knew what was going on but was he just not ready to let go? let go of what? seems like all he had was the trust/respect hugo gave him
[/quote]

My take on it was that he was not ready to "let go". He said he had a few things to work out which im guessing was to help Alex and maybe Rousseau remember and iron things out with them so that he could "let go". Thats just how it seemed to me.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='24 May 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1274752967' post='889887']
[/quote]

he wanted to say with Alex and Danielle and try to right some of the wrongs (in his mind) from his past. Alex and Danielle didn't go with the group because they didn't really mean a lot to the group, specifically Jack, so Ben chose to stay with them for awhile until he felt he had redeemed himself.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='24 May 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1274754332' post='889889']
[/quote]

Michael's soul is trapped on the island. Plus, if/when he could go, he'd go with Walt (who probably lived a long life) and his family, grandkids, etc...)

Ana, like Ben, still had some atoning to do. Her soul wasn't redeemed yet.

Agree on Eko.

• 7 months later...
so some guy named Corey Vidal, I guess who's made a bunch of stuff on youtube and other places, made a 6 minute short about Lost, that takes place after the end of the show.

It's not anything great, or official, but he was able to use the real Lost sets and the Lost music.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ZE5OXScTY&feature=player_embedded[/media]

• 2 years later...
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/DamonLindelof"][b]Damon Lindelof[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]DamonLindelof[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
108 million people watched the Superbowl. New kickoff return record of 108 yards. The lights went out 'cause DESMOND DIDN'T PUSH THE BUTTON.[/background][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived