Lost: The Final Season

Bengals1181

[quote name='big_dish' date='20 April 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1271822283' post='879746']
Is anyone else annoyed by the utter lack of answers so far?
[/quote]

I'm annoyed with this entire sub-par season.. Redundant, redundant, redundant. They could have stepped up the tale but it's just fizzling out at this point.

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='21 April 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1271879349' post='879993']
I'm annoyed with this entire sub-par season.. Redundant, redundant, redundant. They could have stepped up the tale but it's just fizzling out at this point.
[/quote]

It's been a great season.

there really aren't THAT many big questions left. They've alread answered what the statue was, how it got destroyed, what the whispers are, what smokey is kinda, who richard is and why he doesn't age, how christian was on the island, and they will obviously eventually reveal what the alt timeline means. There is also a smokey/jacob flashback episode in 2 weeks that should reveal everything about their past. They are also supposed to reveal adam and eve soon.

what other big questions are there really that you want answered?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1271881375' post='880004']
It's been a great season.
[/quote]

Hardly.. This show had an edge in the first 3 or so seasons which is now completely "lost" for lack of a better term..
There was great character tension early on and the surprises were effective. Now it's not much more than a bunch of blank faces trudging through the forest and the previously big headshaking surprises barely warrant a blink now..
This show lost it's way.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='21 April 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1271887598' post='880051']
there really aren't THAT many big questions left. They've alread answered what the statue was, how it got destroyed, what the whispers are, what smokey is kinda, who richard is and why he doesn't age, [b]how christian was on the island,[/b] and they will obviously eventually reveal what the alt timeline means. There is also a smokey/jacob flashback episode in 2 weeks that should reveal everything about their past. They are also supposed to reveal adam and eve soon.

what other big questions are there really that you want answered?
[/quote]

as to the bolded, I don't think we got the exact truth last night...

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='21 April 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1271889675' post='880056']
Hardly.. This show had an edge in the first 3 or so seasons which is now completely "lost" for lack of a better term..
There was great character tension early on and the surprises were effective. Now it's not much more than a bunch of blank faces trudging through the forest and the previously big headshaking surprises barely warrant a blink now..
This show lost it's way.
[/quote]

to each there own. I'd argue that you don't "get" Lost.

It's not about surprises, monsters, or even mythology.

It's been about character analysis, character development, free will vs fate/destiny, and redemption.

Season 6 has stayed true to that.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1271895081' post='880081']
as to the bolded, I don't think we got the exact truth last night...
[/quote]

Possible, but I believe him. What other explanation could there be? Hes ALIVE? Haha doubt it. I think it was one of those situations where it was a question that needed to be answered, and smokey telling the answer was the easiest way to do it.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='21 April 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1271895753' post='880083']
Possible, but I believe him. What other explanation could there be? Hes ALIVE? Haha doubt it. I think it was one of those situations where it was a question that needed to be answered, and smokey telling the answer was the easiest way to do it.
[/quote]

I think Jacob was pretending to be Christian more than we know. ie. with Frank and Sun in Otherville, Locke at the Donkey Wheel, with Michael on the freighter. with Jack at the hospital. There's no way MiB was Christian EVERY time we saw him.

I don't buy the whole "I was trying to help you find water" act. Either that wasn't MiB, or it was but he wasn't really "helping".

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1271896254' post='880085']
I think Jacob was pretending to be Christian more than we know. ie. with Frank and Sun in Otherville, Locke at the Donkey Wheel, with Michael on the freighter. with Jack at the hospital. There's no way MiB was Christian EVERY time we saw him.

I don't buy the whole "I was trying to help you find water" act. Either that wasn't MiB, or it was but he wasn't really "helping".
[/quote]

Weve yet to see if Jacob is able to take the form of others body like MIB can, but if he can then that is very possible and probably likely.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='21 April 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1271897084' post='880095']
Weve yet to see if Jacob is able to take the form of others body like MIB can, but if he can then that is very possible and probably likely.
[/quote]

well MiB can't leave the island and Jack saw his dad in LA and Michael saw Christian on the freighter, which was out of the island's "barrier"...

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1271897260' post='880096']
well MiB can't leave the island and Jack saw his dad in LA and Michael saw Christian on the freighter, which was out of the island's "barrier"...
[/quote]

True...probably likely.

I think whenever Jack and Claire get around to seeing what Christian left them in his will in the ALT timeline will be a big reveal of somesort. At least a big revelation about Christian.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='21 April 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1271897418' post='880098']
True...probably likely.

I think whenever Jack and Claire get around to seeing what Christian left them in his will in the ALT timeline will be a big reveal of somesort. At least a big revelation about Christian.
[/quote]

hmmm.

I'm starting to wonder if something bad will happen in the island timeline (Locke winning for example) and once the two timelines merge, the Losties (or maybe just Jack) will transport back in time to be able to fix a key cog that keeps Locke from succeeding.

Not sure there's enough time to pull off all that though.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1271897751' post='880099']
hmmm.

I'm starting to wonder if something bad will happen in the island timeline (Locke winning for example) and once the two timelines merge, the Losties (or maybe just Jack) will transport back in time to be able to fix a key cog that keeps Locke from succeeding.

Not sure there's enough time to pull off all that though.
[/quote]

I really hope there is no more time travel.

The key things I still want to know, which I suspect we'll find out are:

Where are Jacob/MiB from and how did they get there? How did they get their "positions"?

Who's the kid in the jungle?

Who built the donkey wheel/temple/tunnels, etc...

How did he become the smoke monster?

An exact explanation of what will happen if MiB gets off the island. Not simply "we all go to hell".

How Aaron fits in to all of it.

Another thing that could come in to play, but likely won't, is that there's an active volcano on the island.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1271898007' post='880101']
The key things I still want to know, which I suspect we'll find out are:

Where are Jacob/MiB from and how did they get there? How did they get their "positions"?

Who's the kid in the jungle?

Who built the donkey wheel/temple/tunnels, etc...

How did he become the smoke monster?

An exact explanation of what will happen if MiB gets off the island. Not simply "we all go to hell".

How Aaron fits in to all of it.

Another thing that could come in to play, but likely won't, is that there's an active volcano on the island.
[/quote]

1. We will get that answered in 2 episodes from now.
2. Im guessing Jacob...if not though definitely someone from their past. So I think we'll find that out in 2 episodes as well. Outside chance its aaron?
3. Not sure...seems like another question that might be answered in the MIB/Jacob flashback.
4. Will get answered eventually.
5. Id assume gets answered, but you never know.

Either way I think theyll get around to the big questions. These final 4-5 episodes are gonna be nuts.

All the big questions are gonna get answered, the ones that wont will be like "Why cant women have babies on the island that are conceived on the island." or "How come you cant find the island, how does it heal people etc". Some of the answers were just gonna have to assume "cause its a fucking crazy island".

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='21 April 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1271899202' post='880106']
1. We will get that answered in 2 episodes from now.
2. Im guessing Jacob...if not though definitely someone from their past. So I think we'll find that out in 2 episodes as well. Outside chance its aaron?
3. Not sure...seems like another question that might be answered in the MIB/Jacob flashback.
4. Will get answered eventually.
5. Id assume gets answered, but you never know.

Either way I think theyll get around to the big questions. These final 4-5 episodes are gonna be nuts.

All the big questions are gonna get answered, the ones that wont will be like [b]"Why cant women have babies on the island that are conceived on the island."[/b] or "How come you cant find the island, how does it heal people etc". Some of the answers were just gonna have to assume "cause its a fucking crazy island".
[/quote]

I think that will be assumed to be from the H-bomb radiation.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1271899770' post='880110']
I think that will be assumed to be from the H-bomb radiation.
[/quote]

Haha whatever, my point is they probably arent gonna come straight out and say the answers to the little things, its just too hard to answer everything.

I dont see any big questions left that wont be answered though.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='21 April 2010 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1271901807' post='880122']
Haha whatever, [b]my point is they probably arent gonna come straight out and say the answers to the little things,[/b] its just too hard to answer everything.

I dont see any big questions left that wont be answered though.
[/quote]

that was my point. :shrug: We're left to assume it was from the H-bomb.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 April 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1271895168' post='880082']
to each there own. I'd argue that you don't "get" Lost.

It's not about surprises, monsters, or even mythology.

It's been about character analysis, character development, free will vs fate/destiny, and redemption.

Season 6 has stayed true to that.
[/quote]

Your "argument" is completely off base and insulting.
Season 6 has betrayed the character points you mention with character whitewashing, disappointing turns and redundancies to the storyline.
S6 was supposed to be the payoff for prior seasons' mysteries, building towards a grand climax but so far it's been a series of weak resolutions.
This show was far more interesting in the beginning.

I think this season has lived up to the billing.

I ultimately think there is not good or bad side. I think the whole thing is natural conflict that people have within themselves. People thinking destiny on somethings but also thinking they can control their own path. Science vs. Fate etc.

Kinda like a kid when you know it's impossible for Santa to make all the deliveries but you still believe.

They are also playing off the Star Wars with the good and bad side of the force, IMO.

Jacob and MIB are like the good and bad angels that sit on the shoulders in the cartoons. It's natural that they fight each other but you can not kill one because ultimately the other would die kinda thing.

Over the year the whole show has played off this theme mixing in drama and mystery. I'll be sad when it is over.

Archived