Obama is dead wrong here

Jamie_B

[quote name='oldschooler' date='04 March 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1267713277' post='866879']
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/29.gif[/img]

Ok. This is beyond gay. But you like that don't you wussy boy? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/23.gif[/img]

You win. I am out.

Back to your regularly schedule wussisode.
[/quote]

Whatever you say John Wayne.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='04 March 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1267714718' post='866889']
No problem Wayne Brady. And not the Wayne Brady on Chappelle's Show either.
The wussy one.
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahp8zjSK0X4[/media]

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='04 March 2010 - 09:03 AM' timestamp='1267715002' post='866891']
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahp8zjSK0X4"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ahp8zjSK0X4[/url][/media]
[/quote]

No. Not that one. The wussy one. lol

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='04 March 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1267715755' post='866901']
Same sentiment.
[/quote]

Wait. You called me "John Wayne", I respond accordingly, and you act like you are
going to have to choke a bitch? lol

That really is hilarious.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='04 March 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1267719738' post='866924']
Wait. You called me "John Wayne", I respond accordingly, and you act like you are
going to have to choke a bitch? lol

That really is hilarious.
[/quote]

[quote][img]http://chrisvreeland.com/moran.jpg[/img]

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/quote]

Boy I sure failed at that didn't I?

Good stuff here for a while, then it fizzled into something weird and slightly homoerotic.

about this:
[quote]You think the threat posed by Muslims in caves is greater than the threat of pissed off monarchs in the 18th century who were worried their people might overthrow them if America was allowed to succeed? Get real man[/quote]

Unfortunately with modern day technology it is the truth that a dozen cave dwelling terrorists CAN pose a much greater threat to far more lives than an 18th century army.

This is also why our current methods of dealing with terrorism abroad are wasteful, dangerous, and futile. John Stewart summed it up pretty good when he was on Bill O'Reily's show: (paraphrasing) "We can't continue to march armies into captials, overthrow governments and station tens to hundreds of thousands of troops their in the hopes of preventing 10 guys sitting in a basement somewhere in the world from plotting to set off a dirty bomb."

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' date='04 March 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1267724421' post='866937']
Good stuff here for a while, then it fizzled into something weird and slightly homoerotic.

about this:

Unfortunately with modern day technology it is the truth that a dozen cave dwelling terrorists CAN pose a much greater threat to far more lives than an 18th century army.

This is also why our current methods of dealing with terrorism abroad are wasteful, dangerous, and futile. John Stewart summed it up pretty good when he was on Bill O'Reily's show: (paraphrasing) "We can't continue to march armies into captials, overthrow governments and station tens to hundreds of thousands of troops their in the hopes of preventing 10 guys sitting in a basement somewhere in the world from plotting to set off a dirty bomb."
[/quote]

The irony is yes, they may be able to take more lives today per event due to explosives technology, but back in the 18th century there was a real existential threat of world powers who did not wish to see freedom succeed. Islamic terrorists aren't going to take over our country. They can't blockade our ports, they can't shoot down our planes, they don't have an Air Force, they don't have a Navy. They do not threaten our existence. Well, except that they do seem to be succeeding in convincing plenty of Americans that are Constitution really wasn't one of the world's greatest achievements. That itself is a threat to our existence.

Jamie, good luck on this one. I've never understood why the same crowd that doesn't trust the gov't when it comes to almost ANYTHING, miraculously does a 180 when it comes to terrorism. After talking with people I know about this kind of stuff, I've come to the conclusion that most have no idea what they are talking about and quite frankly, they don't want to. It's a lot easier to just believe that all the people the gov't claims are the bad guys, really are, and that we should just kill them all and then we'll be safe. I read someone say that the evidence would have to be "pretty strong" which is funny considering we went to war with a country over WMD's...how strong is that evidence looking these days? If our leaders are willing to go to war on the grounds of flimsy evidence, what makes anyone think they'd have a problem taking out 1 or 2 people with far less information? In addition, there's was a comment about doubting if our country would "pull the trigger" on someone who is "really innocent." Again, this is laughable considering we imprisoned and tortured people for years without any hard evidence other than our leaders assuring us that they were the "worst of the worst." If I had to choose between being an informed "wussy" or being part of the "America, f*** yeah!" crowd, I know what side I'm taking every time.

[quote name='JohnnyUtah' date='04 March 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1267725997' post='866943']
Jamie, good luck on this one. I've never understood why the same crowd that doesn't trust the gov't when it comes to almost ANYTHING, miraculously does a 180 when it comes to terrorism. After talking with people I know about this kind of stuff, I've come to the conclusion that most have no idea what they are talking about and quite frankly, they don't want to. It's a lot easier to just believe that all the people the gov't claims are the bad guys, really are, and that we should just kill them all and then we'll be safe. I read someone say that the evidence would have to be "pretty strong" which is funny considering we went to war with a country over WMD's...how strong is that evidence looking these days? If our leaders are willing to go to war on the grounds of flimsy evidence, what makes anyone think they'd have a problem taking out 1 or 2 people with far less information? In addition, there's was a comment about doubting if our country would "pull the trigger" on someone who is "really innocent." Again, this is laughable considering we imprisoned and tortured people for years without any hard evidence other than our leaders assuring us that they were the "worst of the worst." If I had to choose between being an informed "wussy" or being part of the "America, f*** yeah!" crowd, I know what side I'm taking every time.
[/quote]

Well said...

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='04 March 2010 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1267725281' post='866940']
The irony is yes, they may be able to take more lives today per event due to explosives technology, but back in the 18th century there was a real existential threat of world powers who did not wish to see freedom succeed. Islamic terrorists aren't going to take over our country. They can't blockade our ports, they can't shoot down our planes, they don't have an Air Force, they don't have a Navy. They do not threaten our existence. Well, except that they do seem to be succeeding in convincing plenty of Americans that are Constitution really wasn't one of the world's greatest achievements. That itself is a threat to our existence.
[/quote]

[img]http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/images/applause.gif[/img]

[quote name='JohnnyUtah' date='04 March 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1267725997' post='866943']
[/quote]

We may not agree on regulation, but Im glad to see we agree on something. :drinks:

[quote name='JohnnyUtah' date='04 March 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1267725997' post='866943']
Jamie, good luck on this one. I've never understood why the same crowd that doesn't trust the gov't when it comes to almost ANYTHING, miraculously does a 180 when it comes to terrorism.[/quote]

Boggles my mind too.

I'm in the "don't trust them on anything including terrorism" camp

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='04 March 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1267726316' post='866946']
We may not agree on regulation, but Im glad to see we agree on something. :drinks:
[/quote]

Outside of economics, I'd say we probably agree on most issues. And our disagreement from that standpoint comes from the fact that I fall into that camp that CTBengalsFan just mentioned.

[quote name='JohnnyUtah' date='04 March 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1267730694' post='866977']
Outside of economics, I'd say we probably agree on most issues. And our disagreement from that standpoint comes from the fact that I fall into that camp that CTBengalsFan just mentioned.
[/quote]

For me its not so much a i trust them issue as i dont trust big business even more

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='04 March 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1267723414' post='866934']
Boy I sure failed at that didn't I?
[/quote]

That is a few times you tried to insult me in this thread. Why?
You think you are better than me or something because we don't agree?

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' date='04 March 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1267724421' post='866937']
Good stuff here for a while, then it fizzled into something weird and [b]slightly homoerotic[/b].
[/quote]

You are refering to Jamie here, right?

[quote name='JohnnyUtah' date='04 March 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1267725997' post='866943']
Jamie, good luck on this one. I've never understood why the same crowd that doesn't trust the gov't when it comes to almost ANYTHING, miraculously does a 180 when it comes to terrorism.
[/quote]

I trust the Government with everything. I mean, I am John Wayne, ya know, pilgrim.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='04 March 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1267732619' post='866984']
That is a few times you tried to insult me in this thread. Why?
You think you are better than me or something because we don't agree?

You are refering to Jamie here, right?

I trust the Government with everything. I mean, I am John Wayne, ya know, pilgrim.
[/quote]

Nevermind I should have just read...

oldschooler
You can agree with me...or be WRONG"

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='04 March 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1267733155' post='866987']
Nevermind I should have just read...

oldschooler
You can agree with me...or be WRONG"
[/quote]

Instead you called me names and tried to insult me. Nice.

That quote in my sig is as old as this board, yet some people
still try to use it against me.

I'll say it one last time, I put it there as a joke.

We all have our opinions. We all think we are right in those views.
I just put it in joke form in my signature. That quote applies to you and everyone
else here as much as it does to me.

I mean seriously. The title to this thread says Obama is "dead wrong".
So if any one agrees with this thinking, then they are "wrong" too. Right?
So that means your stance against this is "right". Right?

Think about it.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='04 March 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1267735685' post='866998']
Instead you called me names and tried to insult me. Nice.

That quote in my sig is as old as this board, yet some people
still try to use it against me.

I'll say it one last time, I put it there as a joke.

We all have our opinions. We all think we are right in those views.
I just put it in joke form in my signature. That quote applies to you and everyone
else here as much as it does to me.

I mean seriously. The title to this thread says Obama is "dead wrong".
So if any one agrees with this thinking, then they are "wrong" too. Right?
So that means your stance against this is "right". Right?

Think about it.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.millers-art.co.uk/acatalog/Last-Word.gif[/img]

I bet you destroy at this game dont you?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='04 March 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1267736259' post='867005']
[img]http://www.millers-art.co.uk/acatalog/Last-Word.gif[/img]

I bet you destroy at this game dont you?
[/quote]

Not as much as I destroyed you in my last post.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='04 March 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1267736894' post='867013']
Not as much as I destroyed you in my last post.
[/quote]

You're such a funny guy with you "jokes".

You're almost as funny as Sarah Palin on the tonight show doing standup

Except like Sarah nobody is laughing with you so much as they are at you.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='04 March 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1267737274' post='867016']
You're such a funny guy with you "jokes".

You're almost as funny as Sarah Palin on the tonight show doing standup

Except like Sarah nobody is laughing with you so much as they are at you.
[/quote]

If you hear any laughter, it is at you.

All I did was state my opinion.
You are the one that made it personal.
Then deflected points I made with unwarranted shots.

Even when I pointed out your hypocrisy about "aggreeing or being wrong"
you took another shot.

Now I remember why I avoid this part of the message board.
It is agree with me or be talked down to and ridiculed here.

Funny thing is, it always seems to come from the people
that preach from their soapboxes about the U.S. being more tolerant
to others views and beliefs.

Archived