Cincinnati Bengals WR Jerome Simpson Might Be a Little Too Sensitive for the NFL

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1283804618' post='915121']
I too can wait...and certainly not revel in watching him confirm our doubts.
[b]
Hopefully..and for the sake of our winning 2010 season...big hands is going to be safely positioned on the inactive list every week.[/b]
[/quote]

fuck that, i hope caldwell is inactive or released.

[quote name='StrengthOfFates' timestamp='1283807806' post='915141']
Yeah, you don't want to get on his bad side. He may type mean words........and direct them towards YOU. What a fucking joke.
[/quote]

Unlike you...I know USN personally. Have known him for a lot of years.

Your sardonic comments are noted...but misplaced.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1283805686' post='915126']
fuck that, i hope caldwell is inactive or released.
[/quote]

Inactive will work. He is unnecessary with Shipley around. If Jerome was kept, I would assume he knows his playbook by now, which means all things being equal, I'd rather go with more physical talent.

[quote name='Essex Bengal' timestamp='1283762056' post='914893']
So am I the only one who thinks this guy has a point? If you're ever going to get anywhere in the NFL, you're going to have to get used to people taking a cheap shot at you. We all hope (or at least I guess we do) that Jerome is going to get better and end up being a stud for the Bengals and having a great career. If that happens, along the way he's going to have to put up with this sort of stuff only a lot more of it. Imagine if Brett Favre took any notice of all the shit that's written about him. He probably wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. Or what about all the shit that Chad gets thrown at him every day which is about 10,000 times worse than this?

This was just a 'throw away' comment which Simpson should have just ignored. He should just focus on improving his game and the only criticism he should be listening to is from his own coaching staff. John Breech writes stuff, Jerome Simpson plays football. If he lets something as minor as this get to him, he's never going to get anywhere in the game.
[/quote]

Gotta disagree with you, sir. The more the world turns away from mainstream media and turns to the internet for information, the blurry line between news story and blog post becomes so much more important. 'Throw away statements' soon become a 'reliable source's material', and then becomes a story in perception, if not in fact. And let us face the reality of the general coarseness of the human animal when it can state something anonymously; it becomes a huge asshole who serves up slings and arrows at others, when it certainly couldn't be on the receiving end of the same sort of salvos. The internet does not equally grant people with keyboards immediate sly wit and sardonic insight, and it certainly does not grant the right to belittle others to feed an attention-deprived troglodyte seeking to get an easy payday and a legion of ditto heads fueling his ego. So, while I do not know (but hope!) if Simpson will pan out to be a good player in the NFL, I applaud him for not allowing the idea that it is perfectly all right to needlessly bash others, with no repercussions of responsibility by running off at the mouth without ever having to show his face, by not hesitating in standing up for himself.

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1283810041' post='915153']
Gotta disagree with you, sir. The more the world turns away from mainstream media and turns to the internet for information, the blurry line between news story and blog post becomes so much more important. 'Throw away statements' soon become a 'reliable source's material', and then becomes a story in perception, if not in fact. And let us face the reality of the general coarseness of the human animal when it can state something anonymously; it becomes a huge asshole who serves up slings and arrows at others, when it certainly couldn't be on the receiving end of the same sort of salvos. The internet does not equally grant people with keyboards immediate sly wit and sardonic insight, and it certainly does not grant the right to belittle others to feed an attention-deprived troglodyte seeking to get an easy payday and a legion of ditto heads fueling his ego. So, while I do not know (but hope!) if Simpson will pan out to be a good player in the NFL, I applaud him for not allowing the idea that it is perfectly all right to needlessly bash others, with no repercussions of responsibility by running off at the mouth without ever having to show his face, by not hesitating in standing up for himself.
[/quote]

Well stated Xombie.

[quote name='john_breech' timestamp='1283740109' post='914811']
Jeb, just for the record, that would be the opposite of true. When I tweeted "Dez Briscoe will be in the Hall-of-Fame before Jerome Simpson starts a game for the Bengals," I didn't direct the tweet at Simpson's twitter account (which for the record is [url="http://twitter.com/rome089"]@rome089[/url]). This means, Jerome Simpson woke up this morning, searched his name on Twitter, didn't like what I wrote and decided to send me a personal message (meaning what he wrote didn't show up for his twitter followers, it was only visible to me).
[/quote]

So how is this different than what you did to find this thread? When I posted this I didn't direct the thread at John Breech. This means, John Breech, woke up this morning, searched his name on google, didn't like what we wrote and decided to post a message that proves everything that everyone said about you is true.

:gayflag:

[quote name='BrassBengal' timestamp='1283735919' post='914785']
which means you would be the first six-year veteran in the history of the NFL to never start a game. That would be an awesome record to hold.

[/quote]

Actually Mort Anderson, hold the record for most years in the league without starting a game...Okay if you don't want to count kickers, punter and long snappers....Larry Izzo, linebacker, 13 years, played in 200 games not a single start. I don't know if he holds the record but that is way more than six years.

[quote name='GodWearsAGrayHoodie' timestamp='1283820348' post='915204']
Actually Mort Anderson, hold the record for most years in the league without starting a game...Okay if you don't want to count kickers, punter and long snappers....Larry Izzo, linebacker, 13 years, played in 200 games not a single start. I don't know if he holds the record but that is way more than six years.
[/quote]

simpson has already started a game...

Sensitive??? Lordy Lordy......whats the next thing they'll nitpick on???
Oh the fuck isnt sensitive about one thing or another these days..

Hell how hard is it to be or say something that will offend someone or some organization now...
Offended...sensitivity....politically incorrect....and on and on..

Jerome Simpson will be a fine wideout in this league oneday and you'll hear all the media and fans that
called him a bust sayin "I told ya so"...whatever

Archived