No TV in Columbus

I cannot stand WBNS channel 10 in Columbus. They are showing the Browns game this weekend based on what they say are ratings. Anyone know who I can contact at channel 10 or find the ratings? There are several conflicts this year and it looks like they are going to chose the Browns when that is the case.

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1287498759' post='931972']
Frank Wilson is who you need to email. Click on his picture in the contact info section of Wbns 10tv website.
I wrote him last night & hope others will as well. I'm screwed too. Years past they always told me it went on who was playing better
[/quote]
Well the Browns did beat us soooooooooooo

Here is the response I received

[quote]Good hearing from you Gary… Been a while.

Bengals didn’t lose out again… They lost to the Browns. J

OK… Now that I’ve had my fun, here is the official response.

WBNS-10TV programs the games we believe will draw the most viewers. To date the Browns games are averaging just over 35,000 more television households than the Bengals games.

We have shown 3 Bengals games to date and 3 Browns games (including when they played each other.) We have tried to be as fair as possible.

You will be able to see the Bengals vs. Dolphins on 10/31 and the Bengals vs. Steelers on 12/12. Plus, the Browns vs. Bengals rematch on 12/19.

I hope this response shows you that your e-mail was read and addressed personally. We feel it's an important customer service at WBNS-10TV.

Thank you for writing 10TV Viewer Services.

Frank Willson

Director of Operations

WBNS-10TV

[/quote]

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1287527750' post='932115']
Here is the response I received
[/quote]

you should have wrote him back:

dear frank,

it's nice to hear you enjoyed your fun....especially since it's the first time in about ten years that you've done so, you dumb bastard.

I've lived in this area for so long, it never surprises me when we get punked by the Brownies. It is primarily a Browns town..and always has been. The television stations go for where the market is...and it's theirs not ours. One can call, write, e-mail, demonstrate, get mad...none of it has an iota of effect. They have always done this...they always will.

It is what it is.

I live in Columbus and the last few years, the Bengals have dominated TV. But, we were always much more exciting than the Browns. I think we must face it, the Bengals are not a "sexy" team this year. The games have been sloppy and mostly boring compared to years past. Browns fans are dying for a winner. They may not be good, but they have hope in a new QB named McCoy. Bandwagon Bengals fans are about ready to push the abort button.

I have no doubt Cleveland beats us in the ratings this year in Cbus. The Steelers probably would too.

Archived