Come complain here about the call in the Miami game

oftt4

[quote name='oftt4' timestamp='1287952938' post='933989']
Let it all out. It's like music to my ears...
[/quote]
[center][img]http://www.toontowncentral.com/gallery/data/500/orly-42891.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1287969779' post='934273']
I have yet to see someone explain as to why these refs wouldnt simply opt to NOT overturn the TD call if they were truly pulling for the Steelers. It was a close enough call that they could have easily gotten away with it without much scrutiny.
[/quote]

Still waiting for an answer to this, folks...

[quote]
[quote]
I have yet to see someone explain as to why these refs wouldnt simply opt to NOT overturn the TD call if they were truly pulling for the Steelers. It was a close enough call that they could have easily gotten away with it without much scrutiny.
[/quote]

Still waiting for an answer to this, folks...
[/quote]

Stiiiiiilllllll waiting....

*crickets*

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1288038227' post='934594']
Judging by the arguments in the main board, I'd have to say you're mistaken.

But hey, if you don't have an answer to my question, I understand...
[/quote]

In all fairness... there could be a couple different reasons that people could come up with. None of them would be suitable and acceptable by you so what is the point? Anything that is brought up you could just easily shrug off and say "bullshit" to and move along.

All that aside... it is a moot point. Typically, I just want to understand how the ruling was determined / came about and whether that is actually how it should have been or not. And, if, according to the letter of the NFL rule it was handled as it should have been and it doesn't make sense with what the eye sees then you hope changes are made so that what the eye sees is what occurs on the field the next time.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1288038227' post='934594']
Judging by the arguments in the main board, I'd have to say you're mistaken.

But hey, if you don't have an answer to my question, I understand...
[/quote]

I dont care about your question. Is that a good enough answer for you?

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1288017416' post='934435']
Stiiiiiilllllll waiting....

*crickets*
[/quote]

Referees do dumb shit all the time. See the Stealers/Seahawks Super Bowl. That is an explanation. Ref incompetence.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1287969779' post='934273']
[/quote]

Because the refs didn't want to look like blatant stealer fans. They didn't give them the TD or give Miami the ball so they still gave the stealers a chance to win and didn't look as abvious that they had a stealers agenda. They learned their lesson from Super Bowl 40 where they weren't as discrete.

This sort of thing happens so often that it's a little insulting that they pretend not to have a stealers bias.

Archived