Im not sure if I want carson back or not, whichever decision we make Ill probably be fine with depending on the other moves we make.

But a couple questions regarding CP.

1a. What could we get for him?
1b. If you were the GM what would you need to receive in return in order for you to trade him?

2. Does it annoy you that carson doesnt get more animated during games, same goes for Marvin. I was watching highlights of brady, manning, brees, favre, matty ice, rogers, all those guys after like big tds or big plays will give like fist pumps or run down the field to give the wr a hug after the TD or chest bump or some sort of celebration. Carson just walks off to the side and points his finger in the air. Now there are times where it can be a good thing to not get too excited or too down, but I really feel like part of the problem with this team is they dont get pumped up enough and dont play with enough heart and I think that starts from the top with Marvin and Carson. (not saying those guys dont do everything they can to win, but I just think the lack of emotion they show on the field hurts the team). I want a quarterback who after a big play will celebrate a little with a fist pump or something to show the players and crowd that you are pumped up and stuff.

Just curious on others opinions.

As Willie Anderson said, the bengals staff doesnt allow leaders to lead. Carson plays with an awful O line and 2 diva WRs, 1 of which doesnt produce and still bitches. A running back who cant hold onto the ball and then complains about carries. Im not dumping carson until we give him some damn help. Get rid of Carson and then you'll see how bad we really are.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1291579533' post='947809']
As Willie Anderson said, the bengals staff doesnt allow leaders to lead. Carson plays with an awful O line and 2 diva WRs, 1 of which doesnt produce and still bitches. A running back who cant hold onto the ball and then complains about carries. Im not dumping carson until we give him some damn help. Get rid of Carson and then you'll see how bad we really are.
[/quote]

Im not arguing with Willie, but at the same time I doubt coaches are preventing carson from showing a little emotion on the field.

Although I do believe it does have to do with marvin and his personality and how Marvin has molded carson.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1291580032' post='947828']
Im not arguing with Willie, but at the same time I doubt coaches are preventing carson from showing a little emotion on the field.

Although I do believe it does have to do with marvin and his personality and how Marvin has molded carson.
[/quote]

Im not as big on emotions as some people are. Emotions wont make benson hold onto the ball or make the line block. If you get emotional towards chad then he quits playing. Agree with your 2nd statement about Marvin. Its just the whole environment of our organization.

The amount of emotion Carson shows has nothing to do with the success or failure of this team. You see him talking to linemen on the sideline all the time, and barking at Chad on the field at times.

None of it really matters.

Carson yelling at guys isn't going to make bad players play any better.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291580685' post='947857']
The amount of emotion Carson shows has nothing to do with the success or failure of this team. You see him talking to linemen on the sideline all the time, and barking at Chad on the field at times.

[/quote]

Im not talking about him yelling at players.

Im talking about him showing emotion after a big play or something. Positive emotion not negative emotion. EVERY OTHER QB IN THE NFL DOES IT, but carson very very rarely does.

And you think emotion doesnt matter? Carson is the leader of this team, and how often has this team showed up for games just looking like they arent really into it or not coming out with heart and fire and passion.

You are saying that has nothing to do with winning and losing?

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1291581045' post='947873']
Im not talking about him yelling at players.

Im talking about him showing emotion after a big play or something. Positive emotion not negative emotion. EVERY OTHER QB IN THE NFL DOES IT, but carson very very rarely does.

[b]And you think emotion doesnt matter? Carson is the leader of this team, and how often has this team showed up for games just looking like they arent really into it or not coming out with heart and fire and passion. [/b]

You are saying that has nothing to do with winning and losing?
[/quote]

that's coaching, not Carson.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291585521' post='948088']
that's coaching, not Carson.
[/quote]

For the most part yeah I agree. I just hate seeing every other good to great qb look like they are having fun out there and getting excited and carson not.

And Jason I know its not part of his personality, i guess my point of this post is that I wish that it was.

But once again, im not saying I wanna get rid of him for sure. I will be happy if we keep him and he leads us to a good year next year and I think he can do it if he gets pieces around him.

But I also wouldn't be upset if we completely revamped this offense. Qb, WRs, line and RB. The only people for sure I know I want on this offense next year are Ship, Gresham, and Whit. Obviously you dont get rid of 8 starters, but those are the 3 guys I know i want. If any of the other 8 are gone, as long as we do it for a good reason, I wont be pissed.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1291588014' post='948112']
I would trade and get Tony Pike....raw but has the talent and can throw on the run and can run....hmmm send 85 and get Pike :on_the_quiet:
[/quote]
Hope this is a joke. Panthers brought guy off the street with 6 days practice and started over Pike. Not sure how much talent is there.

Go back and look at the end of the game winning drives vs. the Ravens and the Steelers from 2009. Carson isn't a robot, he gets animated for big plays.

Not that I think it really matters, we have no idea how he acts in the locker room or any of the dynamics on that team except for what we see on the field and the small amounts that get leaked to the press.

IF we end up in a position to draft Andrew Luck, then I'd consider trading Carson for a first round pick and I believe somebody would pay it. Carson just showed again what he can do when he gets protection. Otherwise, I'd hang on to him and try to upgrade the offensive line. Maybe a new QB coach and a decent line can help Carson get back to his old self.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291580685' post='947857']

[/quote]

somebody ought to be yelling at somebody. maybe football has changed, but the game i played was always a very emotional game. carson shows about as much emotion as an accountant doing his job. he's the leader of the team, it's franchise, it's highest paid player. if he gives off an attitude of nonchalance, IMO it would only have to rub off on the other players.

ask yourselves this...what if carson had walked up and down that sidelines toward the end of the game screaming at the top of his lungs how we weren't going to accept defeat and how he wanted each guy to be responsible for winning that game. that as the leader of this team, he wasn't going to accept anything less, and if any of you son of a bitches aren't on board, hit the fucking tunnel right now.

that's the guy i'd like to see and the one i want leading my team. i don't buy that shit that it doesn't make a difference. it rubs off. in a close game when the chips are on the line, i'm certain it rubs off. this isn't checkers.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1291592973' post='948171']
somebody ought to be yelling at somebody. maybe football has changed, but the game i played was always a very emotional game. carson shows about as much emotion as an accountant doing his job. he's the leader of the team, it's franchise, it's highest paid player. if he gives off an attitude of nonchalance, IMO it would only have to rub off on the other players.

ask yourselves this...what if carson had walked up and down that sidelines toward the end of the game screaming at the top of his lungs how we weren't going to accept defeat and how he wanted each guy to be responsible for winning that game. that as the leader of this team, he wasn't going to accept anything less, and if any of you son of a bitches aren't on board, hit the fucking tunnel right now.

that's the guy i'd like to see and the one i want leading my team. i don't buy that shit that it doesn't make a difference. it rubs off. in a close game when the chips are on the line, i'm certain it rubs off. this isn't checkers.
[/quote]

agree.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1291579533' post='947809']
[/quote]

wow... willie anderson is e peice of garbage.. why does everyone take this assholes word as gospel?

willie was probably told to shut the fuck up, thus he thinks leaders are told not to lead..

he has done NOTHING for this team in 4-5 years..

willie anderson can kiss my fucking ass

also, pamer shouldnt be going anywhere...

having another QB murdered back there isnt going to fix anything..

but the stupid fucking white trash in cincinnati heckling his family and throwing shit on his lawn makes me wonder if he wants anything to do with that hellhole.

fucking hillbillies

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1291602529' post='948234']

but the stupid fucking white trash in cincinnati heckling his family and throwing shit on his lawn makes me wonder if he wants anything to do with that hellhole.

fucking hillbillies
[/quote]

well, i certainly agree with this part. that shit is disgusting, embarrassing, and has absolutely no place.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1291602979' post='948239']
well, i certainly agree with this part. that shit is disgusting, embarrassing, and has absolutely no place.
[/quote]

can you imagine, someone yelling at your wife and kids without you around?

holy fuck i would murder someone...

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1291602979' post='948239']
[/quote]

Yeah and booing him during introductions and when he got an accomplishment.

Pretty stupid.

If Carson leaves after this year I would thank him for helping take this team out of dungeon (for a while anyways) and giving us a few very fun seasons, wish him the best of luck, and move on.

I think Carson could succeed still in the future, but still wouldnt be too pissed if we got rid of him as long as we got decent return and a decent plan for the future at that position.

Carson has probably 2-3 good years left, and if we dont make some big changes soon those 2-3 years arent gonna be very good anyways, so might as well start to develop a new franchise qb.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1291603087' post='948240']
can you imagine, someone yelling at your wife and kids without you around?

holy fuck i would murder someone...
[/quote]

well, i've fought over that very thing....and enjoyed it. maybe not the most mature thing, looking back on it, but it sure put that shit to bed.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1291603219' post='948243']
Yeah and booing him during introductions and when he got an accomplishment.

Pretty stupid.

If Carson leaves after this year I would thank him for helping take this team out of dungeon (for a while anyways) and giving us a few very fun seasons, wish him the best of luck, and move on.

I think Carson could succeed still in the future, but still wouldnt be too pissed if we got rid of him as long as we got decent return and a decent plan for the future at that position.

Carson has probably 2-3 good years left, and if we dont make some big changes soon those 2-3 years arent gonna be very good anyways, so might as well start to develop a new franchise qb.
[/quote]

palmer, without any further serious injury has more than that left, easily, and i think people are certainly forgetting what having a shitheap like kitna is like (ironically kitnas doing decent in dallas, kinda, ) and the plethora of utter shit this team had before palmer.... people need to be careful what they wish for... if the defense was 3/4 as good as they were last year we are 8-4 at the WORST right now....

offseason after offseason i chat and argue here over what needs fixed, and year after year the trendy issues continue to pop up, palmer is so far down the problem list we couldnt get to his spot for 3-4 years... the defense is completely pathetic.. utterly useless and one of the WORST IN THE ENTIRE NFL... and we have 2-3 threads on the FRONT PAGE about replacing our franchise QB... who has been getting murdered on the field for 3 years and has shown nothing but professionalism and deflecting blame from others to himself, only to be abused by the fan base, his family heckled and people act like he is a scrubb and the problem...

there are 5 guys on the defense alone that needs replaced before palmer.. and 3 on the o-line alone, not to mention WR.. shit palmer is probably 16-18th on the problem list...

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1291603279' post='948244']
well, i've fought over that very thing....and enjoyed it. maybe not the most mature thing, looking back on it, but it sure put that shit to bed.
[/quote]

cant knock that.... at all.. honestly, its one of the very few things worth fighting for.... family means more than anything..

Archived