A tweet from Willie

Jesus. It all makes sense now.

We are clearing room for..

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

[center][img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2247/2107664864_b02b98bc5d.jpg[/img][/center]

With all the success in the UFL, it's no surprise to me.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1294375121' post='959363']
Well if one of them isn't the head coach, thats crazy. If my HC said I want to fire half of my staff,
I'd wonder why he hired them in the first place.
[/quote]
3 or 4 is far from half. There is 14 coaches on the staff not including a HC. Also there is 4 coaches on the staff Marvin never hired.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1294375464' post='959367']
3 or 4 is far from half. There is 14 coaches on the staff not including a HC. Also there is 4 coaches on the staff Marvin never hired.
[/quote]

Nobody is wondering if we are firing the assistant to the Strength and Conditioning coach.
HC OC DC are the only one anyone ever cares about for the most part, the rest are details.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1294375894' post='959374']
Nobody is wondering if we are firing the assistant to the Strength and Conditioning coach.
HC OC DC are the only one anyone ever cares about for the most part, the rest are details.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be devastated to see Sheppard and Zampese gone. Both positions can't get on the same page with each other....doesn't that seem to fall in the lack of coaching category?

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1294375894' post='959374']
[/quote]
I am not even including the strength and conditioning coach. So what you are telling me is the special teams coach, WR coach, LB coach and so on are not important? Plus I have seen a lot of people talking about other coaches getting fired than the three you mentioned.

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1294368843' post='959308']
Yeah. Fuck this! Get ready for blackout city boys. Only game that'll sell out will be when stooler fans come in and buy up all the tickets.

Was Mike and Marvins press conference the biggest fucking con job ever or what!?
[b]
Can't believe this shit is happening (if true) then its fucking sad.[/b]
[/quote]

ROFL. Really? This shit surprises you? Why? This team never changes. Half of the assistant coaching staff has been here at least ten years. It took them how fucking long to get rid of that fat-ass Bresnahan again? And MB loves Brat; he's another one of MB's "redemption" projects (research the man and you'll see what I mean). Hell, the only thing that surprised me was that MB even brought Marvin back. I fully expected Brat to take over as HC. There is nothing in this world that MB loves more than collectively fucking the fans right up the ass. I watched the press conference and LOLed at the poor fuckers who I imagined expected something more. Just being honest.

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1294400371' post='959413']
Greatest Bengals Fans

I hear. Should have known better. We all who listend to their PC just got the biggest fucking con job known to man. We all got bent over and fucked and didn't even get kissed.
[/quote]

Indeed. In fact, go try watching the thing again, it's up on bengals.com still. You'll see that the hints were already loud and clear during the conference.

I just can't help but laugh when I see Mike slap Marvin in the side when Lap's asking a question and whisper "I'm gonna answer this one" like some fucking mob boss. Marvin is looking into space like a guy full of guilt, like he has just caved in and soul his soul to MB just to make some more bucks. And then MB saying "I don't sit around and dictate while Marvin acts like a puppet-- that's not how it is!" ROFL! The whole thing was a sham, just like the last 20 years of so-called football.

Get rid of Fitz and no one else? I don't even think
they should get rid of him.

You all better hope this isn't true.
Because either I am going to stay off of this message board
until Brat is fired, or I am going to be one unbearable son
of a bitch until they prove shit on the field and win some playoffs
games. I am telling you, I will be incensed, infuriated and a lot
of other adjectives like that. Hell, it is pissing me off just thinking
about it now

I just don't see what Fitzgerald's done, or didn't do to be canned (if true).

Just dunno about all this anymore.

How in the hell can mike hold that press conference and think he actually won over fans and season ticket holders?

Oh, I know. He said by "winning". Ok. Same staff, same players and you didn't win....what's the big difference going into next year with virtually everything the same?

Old mans insane

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1294405384' post='959429']
I just don't see what Fitzgerald's done, or didn't do to be canned (if true).

Just dunno about all this anymore.

How in the hell can mike hold that press conference and think he actually won over fans and season ticket holders?

Oh, I know. He said by "winning". Ok. Same staff, same players and you didn't win....what's the big difference going into next year with virtually everything the same?

Old mans insane
[/quote]

you're going ballistic over a tweet from someone who probably has no idea what coaches are getting canned, especially on the defensive side of the ball. :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1294406245' post='959435']
you're going ballistic over a tweet from someone who probably has no idea what coaches are getting canned, especially on the defensive side of the ball. :lol:
[/quote]

Well, obviously Willie has ties to the Franchise still.
I mean he was correct about Andre Smith starting TC on PUP.

I hope it isn't true. But just the thought of it being true pisses me off.

Fitz isn't part of the problem. The Offense, ecpecially the line and
the play calling has been the problem.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1294406629' post='959439']
Well, obviously Willie has ties to the Franchise still.
I mean he was correct about Andre Smith starting TC on PUP.

I hope it isn't true. But just the thought of it being true pisses me off.

Fitz isn't part of the problem. The Offense, ecpecially the line and
the play calling has been the problem.
[/quote]

that's a far cry from having info on coaches getting fired, which Katie, Mike and Marvin would keep very close to the vest.

I can't find contract length, but if there is ANYTHING to this, its probably more likely that the real information is "Jeff Fitzgerald is the only coach not currently under contract."

This was his 3rd year with the Bengals, and I feel like he signed a 3yr contract.

Archived