Workout Routine

TheBeaverHunter

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1319218057' post='1049549']
How old are you?

Potein wise... well, it depends on how much you weigh. If you weigh 180, I'd say at LEAST 180 grams of protein a day, every day, no matter if you lift that day or not. During the middle of the week, I'm getting in at least 250 grams day easy and I was 189 this morning (had to be wrong though, plus, I had my clothes on). I've hit 300 a couple times but damn my ass pays for it later.

If you don't know if you're getting enough protein, you probably aren't. Give it a good 6 weeks of pounding the protein and I bet you see a nice muscle increase and the weight and strength gains that come with it.
[/quote]
Will be 21 next week,

Right now I'm hovering around 155-160. I don't take in enough protein for sure. My diet is absolutely awful. I should probably replace lunch with a protein shake for sure. I want to get to a solid 175 at least.

A shake alone isn't gonna be that great unless you have fat to lose. If you have fat, then yeah, cool; if not, eat some carbs with that shake. You can get a carbs mix. I've personally never had it, but I know a guy who takes a carb packed powder.

If you're thin with no fat, eat away dude. Just down everything. The only thing you have to do is make sure whatever you eat has a lot of protein in it so you're not wasting the meal. If it doesn't, down a shake with water so you can get an extra 40 grams easy.

Spaghetti w/ shake
PB&J w/ shake
Rice w/ shake

Juat a few things I've had the past couple days.

If you have fat to lose, it's a little more complicated but still very doable. The hardest part of really getting in good looking shape is diet. Lifting is the easy part if you eat like your supposed to.

I've cut almost all of my baby fat out. I still have a little bit on the lower stomach area, but it's not noticeable to really anyone but myself. I probably just need to eat more. My metabolism is through the roof. It's what I'll do from here on out for the next couple of months.

Frost on the windshield... it has begun.

I would start with eating better. No burgers, fried foods, snacks like chips/pretzels, pop.

I'd go a full blown water, meat, vegetable and light carb meal plan. Keep the fat out of it all together and see what happens.

Ideas:

Shake and banana/apple

Shake and pb whole grain toast w/ sliced bananas on it (it was dang good the other day)

Tuna and small amount of whole grain rice

Chicken and mashed potatoes (get a low fat potato. Some mashed are very fattening... like the Bob Evans brand)

Eggs and oatmeal (limit butter/sugar)

Eggs and toast

Ham and turk sandwich, no mayo

If you need a dressing or something, light fat Italian is actually better than regular Italian. Also, try dipping your lettuce in a cup of dressing and set the dressing part on your tongue when you eat it. You'll use 1/4 of what you normally use, sometimes less. It'll save you 10-15g of fat.

Btw, chef salad's are great to have with a shake too. Mushrooms, onions, avocados, cooked bean sprouts, eggs, bacon bits, lots if ham for the protein, few croutons

Try cooking with cooking wine instead of oil. If you have to use oil, use olive oil, never canola.

I've just started cookin my salmon with the wine and a small amount of olive oil. Eat that with some easy bag rice ad some cocktail sauce. Delicious and healthy!

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318900114' post='1046974']

135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 250x5, 275x5, 300x2

On the 300, I needed help on #3 and finished #4 and #5 as negatives.

Had some two negative reps of 315 just to get use to the weight again. I held them both pretty good.
[/quote]

225x5, 250x5, 275x5, 300x1 needed help on 2nd and then two negatives. 310x0 ended up being a couple negatives.

Using this as a diary to keep my, well, can you call that progress ?

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1320112047' post='1054425']
What's that?
[/quote]

This is my "box" (its our term for gym) - [url="http://www.crossfitliberation.com/"]http://www.crossfitliberation.com/[/url]

Take a look at the "workouts" section to see some of the types of stuff we do. - [url="http://www.crossfitliberation.com/exercises/"]http://www.crossfitl....com/exercises/[/url]

Oh and everything we do is "for time" so we do the routine and run to the next station to do the next.

The guy that owns this box is retired special forces.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been meaning to look at your workout, Jamie. I kind of forgot about it for a second.

Anyway, I missed posting last week (prob means I did bad). Anyway, this week was good! Took Saturday and Sunday off but lifted M-F. May have been the difference.

225x5, 265x5, 285x4, 300x2, 310x1 yesterday

Did my first full WOD (crossfit term for workout of the day)

100 Hammer Swings
1.5 Mile Ruck March (65 lbs in my bag)
800 meters with the 65lbs and a big ass piece of wood with 3 other team members.

What's odd is my left side is my weak side but my right shoulder is feeling it more after carrying that bag.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1321414563' post='1062897']
It's because you used your right shoulder more to bear (right word?) the weight I'm guessing.

I hate power cleans.
[/quote]

Maybe, but it was in one of those army backpacks so the weight was even distributed anyway.

Well I just got started in it mind you, yesterday was my first full routine, so I cant say much about it with regard to the safety issues, but ill tell you i can tell it will be effective, thats for sure.

Ive read where alot of these routines are based on the training the military does, so I would think that it cant be that unsafe, but yeah what I read about it was because you keep going for time that you dont get rest in between things so people overexert themselves trying to get it done and hurt themselves. I would think its an individual thing. I know people who have hurt their shins in terms of scraping it up doing a massive amount of box jumps though..

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1321477496' post='1063135']
I think I benched 200lbs once.

pizza, wings, booze, mary jane, video games > gym

:sport27:
[/quote]

Your still in your 20's right?

Once you hit 30 your body will start to say "hey you cant eat that anymore"

I found some foods made me visit the bathroom much more and alot of foods would make me feel just sluggish (especially fast food)

I dont know how the other guys workouts work but with crossfit they demand you take rest days to let your body recover, so I'm still getting in my video game time too. ;)

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1321477785' post='1063137']

[b]Your still in your 20's right?[/b]

Once you hit 30 your body will start to say "hey you cant eat that anymore"

I found some foods made me visit the bathroom much more and alot of foods would make me feel just sluggish (especially fast food)

I dont know how the other guys workouts work but with crossfit they demand you take rest days to let your body recover, so I'm still getting in my video game time too. ;)
[/quote]

I got just over 3 months left which is actually why I've gone back to fight school after a few month hiatus. Told the old lady I'd make an honest effort to trim down for the big 3-0.

We have a gym here at work that costs peanuts to use but I just have no discipline. Not to mention that last and only time I ever really received instruction on how to properly lift or develop a weights routine was high school so I'm sure my info is outdated.

But as long as I can continue to make excuses TO GO to Krav, I'll start dropping the lbs...fear is a good motivator to get a fat ass moving.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1321564190' post='1063403']

I got just over 3 months left which is actually why I've gone back to fight school after a few month hiatus. Told the old lady I'd make an honest effort to trim down for the big 3-0.

We have a gym here at work that costs peanuts to use but I just have no discipline. Not to mention that last and only time I ever really received instruction on how to properly lift or develop a weights routine was high school so I'm sure my info is outdated.

But as long as I can continue to make excuses TO GO to Krav, I'll start dropping the lbs...fear is a good motivator to get a fat ass moving.
[/quote]

That's the one thing I do like about crossfit that you dont seem to get at other type of gyms, the coaches will call you if you've been out for a while to see what's going on but also while your there you have people cheering you on to do as much as you can, it's kind of a family type atmosphere.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1321566266' post='1063421']

That's the one thing I do like about crossfit that you dont seem to get at other type of gyms, the coaches will call you if you've been out for a while to see what's going on but also while your there you have people cheering you on to do as much as you can, it's kind of a family type atmosphere.
[/quote]

How many people go on runs with you at a time?

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1321634731' post='1063686']
How many people go on runs with you at a time?
[/quote]

Depends on the time you go. When I did my ruck march the other day there were only 8 of us in the box at that time so they broke us up into two teams of four.

Alot of the stuff is stuff you do on your own while everyone is doing it too. The times I've been in the box it ranges from anywhere to 20ish people to 8.

Tonights WOD is an example of doing it on your own and not teams.

So tonight we do

For time...

Run 800m
50 Sumo Deadlift Highpulls (I have a feeling since I'm still new Ill get scaled down to 55lbs on these so they can see I have the technique down right)
Run 800m
30 Sumo Deadlift Highpulls

One thing I thought was kind of cool is wed's WOD one of the guys was the last one doing his situps and everyone was rooting for him but one of the coaches got down there with him and started doing them too.

Archived