2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1302047300' post='982008']
I missed the details, but I'm sure you can get them from the ticket office, but they're doing a special for Thursday's day game.

$25 ticket, but comes with all you can eat food.

If anyone's interested.
[/quote]
I know they have all you can eat tickets available for every game. Not sure if the have a different thing going on Thursday.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1302057200' post='982045']
Leake, Maloney.

Why is Leake all of a sudden no longer reliable? He was the best pitcher in the spring from what I hear.
[/quote]

Just going by what happened to him last season. He's fresh right now, but will he be in August?

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1302067086' post='982055']
I know they have all you can eat tickets available for every game. Not sure if the have a different thing going on Thursday.
[/quote]

$7 discount is the deal.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1302092384' post='982068']
Just going by what happened to him last season. He's fresh right now, but will he be in August?
[/quote]

he hit a rookie wall last year, its to be expected. Most rookies don't make the big league club.

Besides, how he'll be in August shouldn't be a factor into whether he should be in the rotation now.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1302092615' post='982070']
he hit a rookie wall last year, its to be expected. Most rookies don't make the big league club.

Besides, how he'll be in August shouldn't be a factor into whether he should be in the rotation now.
[/quote]

You're probably right. And its one of those "good problems" to have, especially with the injuries to starters we currently have. I must say, this has been one heck of a start for the Reds. Their offense has been awesome and their pitching has held up. Fucking sweet!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1302097956' post='982083']
You're probably right. And its one of those "good problems" to have, especially with the injuries to starters we currently have. I must say, this has been one heck of a start for the Reds. Their offense has been awesome and their pitching has held up. Fucking sweet!
[/quote]

Don't forget how good the defense has been.

This team has gold glove caliber players at every position but LF. And at least 2 pitchers capable of winning one.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1302132591' post='982219']
When Bailey and Cueto are ready, send Edinson down. His control is awful right now.
[/quote]

Only pitch he can throw for a strike is his fastball, and even that hes having trouble with.

Please just find a away to get out of this inning with just one run.

Take him out and send him down...ridiculous.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1302132591' post='982219']
When Bailey and Cueto are ready, send Edinson down. His control is awful right now.
[/quote]

Hopefully those guys are ready soon. I say give volkie one more start and if he doesnt show up again yank him. Cant afford to get down 3-0 in the first every start he pitches.

[b][url="http://twitter.com/johnfayman"][color="#0a0501"]johnfayman[/color][/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] Volquez has five walks. Rest of the staff has five walks. [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23reds"][color="#0a0501"]#reds[/color][/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/johnfayman/status/55778232104001536"]4 minutes ago[/url] via [url="http://twitterrific.com/"]Twitterrific[/url]

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1302133269' post='982229']
Time to put Volquez on the DL and give him 15 days to figure this out cause right now he sucks.
[/quote]

No, just send him down to Louisville and let him work it out.

Personally I think he needs to do what Cueto did. Stop throwing as hard as he can, take a little off the fastball and control it better.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1302134224' post='982234']
No, just send him down to Louisville and let him work it out.

Personally I think he needs to do what Cueto did. Stop throwing as hard as he can, take a little off the fastball and control it better.
[/quote]
Basically the same thing but on the DL he can stay up here and work with Price and the rest of pitchers. He has been a head case in the past, you send him down you may loose him. Let him stay up here were he is comfortable and can get good bullpen sessions in with Price.

Archived