Which Bengals wore the [C] Captain Patches?

Closest thing I could find to anyone being captains.

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy"]joereedy[/url] [color=#999999][size=3]Joe Reedy[/size][/color]

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23bengals"][s]#[/s][b]bengals[/b][/url] won the toss but defer. Whitworth, Livings, Miles, Hall and Peko were the captains

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/status/112932485406539776"]11 Sep[/url]

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1315967705' post='1030801']
Whitworth, Livings, Miles, Hall and Peko were the captains
[/quote]
[b]But those are the coin toss captains which Marvin changes up every week?[/b]

[b]However, the patches go to 3 players for the full year. [/b]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1315968222' post='1030810']
Just looked through game pics, don't see any on anyone who you'd think it could be (that I can see). This includes Dalton, Benson, Whitworth, Cook, Peko, Rey, Hall, etc

Also didn't see any on the Browns' players either...
[/quote]

Maybe when you are ranked 34 by ESPN, you only get sargeant stripes

The captains are from one of the three teams - offense, defense and special teams - and each team gets at least one. They are selected by the players themselves. I do not know who has been selected, nor if the vote has happened yet. All patches have the same # of stars, it's the # of gold ones that are important - it represents the # of consecutive years that player has been a captain. If a player has achieved 4 years, the stars AND the "C" are all gold.

Note: All teams designate captains, but not all teams put patches on their jerseys - New England comes to mind. The Bengals' captains may have been selected but there might not have been time to add the patches since it was week 1.

The captains (according to Wikipedia) are
OFFENSE: RB Cedric Benson + G Bobbie Williams
DEFENSE: DT Domata Peko + LB Rey Maualuga
SPECIALS: LB Brandon Johnson

The Browns' captains were QB McCoy, DE Smith/R + LB Fujita, KR Cribbs + K Dawson. Looking thru the game photos, none of them had patches either.

I picked a random other team (the Eagles). Their game photos from Week 1 show no patches on Vick, Jackson/D, Samuel, or Asomugha, no patches seen. I did note that all teams wore a 9-11 ribbon, so my guess is that the "C" patches will appear this week since the 9-11 ribbon was where the "C" would've been.

[b]I did see some players with C patches in week 1 though. The C is always on the left side (facing them), [/b]
[b]the 9/11 ribbons were on the right. [/b]

[b]Also I believe some captains are going on their 5th or more year (not sure when it started) - I wonder if they will add a new row of more stars for those with 5+. [/b]

Archived