2011/2012 Network Season Discussion

Jason

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1332349753' post='1109746']
Has anyone been watching The River? I just watched the finale last night and it was intense. Definitely the most intense network show I've ever seen.

Not sure it comes back for a second season though, which sucks. I loved the suspense every episode had.
[/quote]

need to get around to watching the finale today. I watch the show, but have been following online as there's other stuff I watch on tuesdays.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335564323' post='1124076']
Fringe renewed for a 5th and final season (13 episodes)!
[/quote]

My wife lost interest in Fringe this year because of the "alternate universe" plot line.

Did it get "back to normal" yet?

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1336228143' post='1129021']
My wife lost interest in Fringe this year because of the "alternate universe" plot line.

Did it get "back to normal" yet?
[/quote]

sort of. The alt-universe had become a normal part of the plot line, but ended last week.

one of my new favorite shows is Scandal on ABC. It's been absolutely awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1337016128' post='1130587']
really looking forward to this for the fall, but hate that its gonna be up against Hawaii Five-O

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI[/media]
[/quote]

TiVo

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1337017356' post='1130590']
TiVo
[/quote]

oh I'm not worried about watching both. Just will have to watch one online.

Also don't like to see young shows I like go up against big established shows. Hurts ratings and leads to quicker cancellations.

Really disappointed Ringer got cancelled. Season 1 really finished strong.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1337018238' post='1130593']
oh I'm not worried about watching both. Just will have to watch one online.

Also don't like to see young shows I like go up against big established shows. Hurts ratings and leads to quicker cancellations.

Really disappointed Ringer got cancelled. Season 1 really finished strong.
[/quote]

CW doesn't know a good show they have it. Ringer was really well done and I think if this was on CBS, it would have survived.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1337018949' post='1130596']
CW doesn't know a good show they have it. Ringer was really well done and I think if this was on CBS, it would have survived.
[/quote]

it was actually originally pitched to CBS and they passed, and CW swooped in.

I think the problem with Ringer, and another very good CW show Nikita is that while they are very good shows, they don't fit the typical CW audience so I think they get overlooked by people who don't normally watch CW, and not watched by the younger CW crowd. Thankfully Nikita got renewed.

Anyone watch Once Upon A Time? Very good season finale last night.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1337019219' post='1130597']
it was actually originally pitched to CBS and they passed, and CW swooped in.

I think the problem with Ringer, and another very good CW show Nikita is that while they are very good shows, they don't fit the typical CW audience so I think they get overlooked by people who don't normally watch CW. Thankfully Nikita got renewed.

[b]Anyone watch Once Upon A Time[/b]? Very good season finale last night.
[/quote]

I watch it, but my wife doesn't anymore, so I have not seen the finale yet.

Seems The Finder is getting canceled. Too bad, I enjoyed that show.

Breaking Bad starts back in July. I'm FINALLY caught up to the beginning of the 4th season. By far one of the best written/directed/filmed shows on television. The characters are amazing! So glad I got turned onto the series. If you haven't watched it, do it. Now.

Found a list online of shows that are getting cancelled.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#000000]ABC Cancelled:[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Cougar Town (Moved to TBS)
GCB
Man Up
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Missing
The River
Pan Am[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Work It[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#000000]CW Cancelled:[/color][/b]
[color=#000000]Ringer
The Secret Circle[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Remodeled [/color]

[b][color=#000000]NBC Cancelled:[/color][/b]
[color=#000000]Awake
Are You There, Cheslea
Bent
Best Friends, Forever
Harry's Law[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]The Firm[/color]

[b][color=#000000]CBS Cancelled:[/color][/b]
[color=#000000]CSI: Miami
NYC-22
Rob
Unforgettable[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]A Gifted Man[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]How to be a Gentleman [/color][/font][/size]

[b][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Fox Canceled:[/color][/font][/size][/b]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Alcatraz[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Breaking In[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]I Hate My Teenaged Daughter[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]The Finder[/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Terra Nova[/color][/font][/size]

Archived