Realistic Targets

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324064059' post='1075557']

I suppose that 2005 season just never happened.
[/quote]

Lol wow...either your Chris Perry's boyfriend or your just not that smart. 2005 definately happened....here is what your stellar boy did.....279 yards rushing....328 receiving....PROBOWLER!!!!!!!!!!!.....holy shit your right he was fucking awesome. That was by far his best season and he still sucked donkey dick.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1324082839' post='1075621']
Swap Glenn for Jenkins and I like it a lot.
[/quote]

What is your obsession on must having a G in the 1st round. I would be willing to bet that the Bengals address the Oline in FA and for good reason....Id much rather have a Grubbs or Nicks and use our high picks on impact players. Our line will be much better right away by addressing it in FA ...most young guards struggle in their 1st season..IE Danny Watkins...Iupauti... I would much rather use middle round picks on guards and develop them.

[quote name='Mikey6866' timestamp='1324090712' post='1075640']

Lol wow...either your Chris Perry's boyfriend or your just not that smart. 2005 definately happened....here is what your stellar boy did.....279 yards rushing....328 receiving....PROBOWLER!!!!!!!!!!!.....holy shit your right he was fucking awesome. That was by far his best season and he still sucked donkey dick.
[/quote]

he averaged 4.6ypc and set a franchise record for receptions by a running back. That pretty safely debunks your "if healthy would never had made an impact anyway" argument.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324091113' post='1075643']

he averaged 4.6ypc and set a franchise record for receptions by a running back. That pretty safely debunks your "if healthy would never had made an impact anyway" argument.
[/quote]

51 receptions ...wow...hes dreamy...and he got 4.6 as a change of pace back behind the best Oline in the league that year....we could go back and fourth all day...if you think he was good then were never going to agree ...your in the 1% percentile if you think he was some kinda superstar in the making.

[quote name='Mikey6866' timestamp='1324092285' post='1075648']

51 receptions ...wow...hes dreamy...and he got 4.6 as a change of pace back behind the best Oline in the league that year....we could go back and fourth all day...if you think he was good then were never going to agree ...your in the 1% percentile if you think he was some kinda superstar in the making.
[/quote]

yikes, chris perry must have really done you wrong.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324092799' post='1075649']

yikes, chris perry must have really done you wrong.
[/quote]

How do u get that out of any of my posts.....umadbrah? All i said was he sucks at football which i just proved to you several times. His best season he had less than 300 yards rushing and less than 400 receiving. He had sports hernia's and you act like that derailed he career as he was on a path of stardom...which couldent be any further from the truth.

[quote name='Mikey6866' timestamp='1324093055' post='1075651']

How do u get that out of any of my posts.....umadbrah? All i said was he sucks at football which i just proved to you several times. His best season he had less than 300 yards rushing and less than 400 receiving. He had sports hernia's and you act like that derailed he career as he was on a path of stardom...which couldent be any further from the truth.
[/quote]

:facepalm:

if you say so man. You said he wouldn't be an impact player even if healthy. 2005 disproves that. Case closed.

No one's saying he had a great career, or was a great player when you look back at his career. When healthy in 2005 though, he was the kind of player they hoped he be when they drafted him.

And fwiw, it wasn't just the sports hernia. I beleive he also had a bad ankle injury at one point, and another hernia. Call him fragile. Sure. Call him a disappointment, absolutely. Say he couldn't play? That just screams of sour grapes, which you basically admit to when you say you basically say you hated him from the minute they drafted him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324093441' post='1075652']

:facepalm:

if you say so man. You said he wouldn't be an impact player even if healthy. 2005 disproves that. Case closed.

No one's saying he had a great career, or was a great player when you look back at his career. When healthy in 2005 though, he was the kind of player they hoped he be when they drafted him.

And fwiw, it wasn't just the sports hernia. I beleive he also had a bad ankle injury at one point, and another hernia. Call him fragile. Sure. Call him a disappointment, absolutely. Say he couldn't play? That just screams of sour grapes, which you basically admit to when you say you basically say you hated him from the minute they drafted him.
[/quote]

LOL you have got to be kidding me....in 2005 he had less than 300 yards rushing and barley over 300 yards receiving....how the hell is that an "impact player"?....that is not an impact player ...it sounds like a very marginal player....the fact that a RB got 600 yards and your acting like he is 1st round worthy is beyond rediculous. He was a disappointment since the moment the comissioner stated "The Cincinnati Bengals select Chris Perry - Michigan"....an impoact player is a difference maker and that is something Chris Perry NEVER EVER EVER NEVER WAS. Your starting to look pretty foolish here.

[quote name='Mikey6866' timestamp='1324093778' post='1075653']

LOL you have got to be kidding me....in 2005 he had less than 300 yards rushing and barley over 300 yards receiving....how the hell is that an "impact player"?....that is not an impact player ...it sounds like a very marginal player....the fact that a RB got 600 yards and your acting like he is 1st round worthy is beyond rediculous. He was a disappointment since the moment the comissioner stated "The Cincinnati Bengals select Chris Perry - Michigan"....an impoact player is a difference maker and that is something Chris Perry NEVER EVER EVER NEVER WAS. Your starting to look pretty foolish here.
[/quote]

k "brah"

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324091113' post='1075643']

[/quote]

Actually James Brooks holds the record for most receptions by a Bengals RB as well....so your impact player theory is dwindling faster than you can say Chris Perry.

[quote name='Mikey6866' timestamp='1324094234' post='1075655']

Actually James Brooks holds the record for most receptions by a Bengals RB as well....so your impact player theory is dwindling faster than you can say Chris Perry.
[/quote]

thats right, my bad. Perry was on pace to break it...until he got hurt. He missed 2 games in December and fell 4 receptions short.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324089465' post='1075634']

sure it would. You just got the best RB in the draft. You need to beef up the oline. Glenn could likely come right in and start at one of the guard spots.
[/quote]
Not really. Bare cupboard at CB and you have a guy with top ten talent swapping with a guy playing out of position this year.

I understand you two do not like JJ, but he's likely the only guy we can get at CB at that spot that can come in and make an impact. Leon very well could never be the same guy and Clements has only a year left after this year. Kelly and Jones don't bring too much to the table.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1324101561' post='1075667']
I'd rather swap Barron for a G in 2, we need desperately to fix our CB situation.
[/quote]
It's pretty bad. Adam seems to be a timebomb anyways. JJ shut down Julio and AJ, two of the better receivers in the league. He's got skills. He has a little baggage, but if he checks out and he's at our spot, he's a Bengal.

I think they're going to try to see what Mays can give us next year, and Barron probably isn't much better than Mays anyways.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1324101401' post='1075666']
Not really. Bare cupboard at CB and you have a guy with top ten talent swapping with a guy playing out of position this year.

I understand you two do not like JJ, but he's likely the only guy we can get at CB at that spot that can come in and make an impact. Leon very well could never be the same guy and Clements has only a year left after this year. Kelly and Jones don't bring too much to the table.
[/quote]

I don't dislike JJ, I just don't think he'll be touched with his character concerns. He's also a bit smaller than the Bengals tend to like at corner. I have no problem with going with a CB there, I just don't know that it will be JJ.

My issue is with you thinking Cordy Glenn, who can come right in at start at one of the guard spots, and back up both tackle spots, is a "not very smart" pick. The Bengals need to upgrade both guard spots, and are likely going to lose Anthony Collins, their best backup to both tackle spots. Cordy Glenn (or a similar player) is arguably the SMARTEST pick the Bengals can make in the first round.

Further, while I'd like to see a first round CB (in this mock you just can't pass up richardson though), the Bengals will likely be starting next year at corner with at the least Hall, Clements, and Jones. Jones I think will easily be resigned. Hall may not be 100%, but I think he will be if not pretty close. You still definitely want to add a highly talented rookie to that pool, but I wouldn't exactly call the cupboard bare.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324129873' post='1075685']

I don't dislike JJ, I just don't think he'll be touched with his character concerns. He's also a bit smaller than the Bengals tend to like at corner. I have no problem with going with a CB there, I just don't know that it will be JJ.

My issue is with you thinking Cordy Glenn, who can come right in at start at one of the guard spots, and back up both tackle spots, is a "not very smart" pick. The Bengals need to upgrade both guard spots, and are likely going to lose Anthony Collins, their best backup to both tackle spots. Cordy Glenn (or a similar player) is arguably the SMARTEST pick the Bengals can make in the first round.

Further, while I'd like to see a first round CB (in this mock you just can't pass up richardson though), the Bengals will likely be starting next year at corner with at the least Hall, Clements, and Jones. Jones I think will easily be resigned. Hall may not be 100%, but I think he will be if not pretty close. You still definitely want to add a highly talented rookie to that pool, but I wo
uldn't exactly call the cupboard bare.
[/quote]

I think you take a CB and Glenn with those first 2 picks. I would say Dennard/Jenkins and Glenn and then think about RB/WR/S etc. in round 2. DeCastro for all of his ability has next to know versatility form what I have read and it simply does not behoove a franchise to draft a RG in round 1 when you can get one so easily elsewhere. There are only 3 RGs in the entire nfl starting for the franchise that drafted them in round 1. Vernon Carey, Danny Watkins and Davin Joseph. For Watkins and Carey the plan was/is to play them at another position. Now if he can play another spot other then RG then sure go for it, I have not seen that.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1324135285' post='1075702']

[b]I think you take a CB and Glenn with those first 2 picks. [/b]I would say Dennard/Jenkins and Glenn and then think about RB/WR/S etc. in round 2. DeCastro for all of his ability has next to know versatility form what I have read and it simply does not behoove a franchise to draft a RG in round 1 when you can get one so easily elsewhere. There are only 3 RGs in the entire nfl starting for the franchise that drafted them in round 1. Vernon Carey, Danny Watkins and Davin Joseph. For Watkins and Carey the plan was/is to play them at another position. Now if he can play another spot other then RG then sure go for it, I have not seen that.
[/quote]

I agree with the bolded though I don't think the OL necessarily has to be Glenn.. It's just a matter of the scenario above you just can't pass on Richardson IMO.

Ideally, I'd like to see RB taken care of in free agency. Richardson is the only RB I'd consider a first round pick on.

[quote name='Mikey6866' timestamp='1324091079' post='1075642']

What is your obsession on must having a G in the 1st round. I would be willing to bet that the Bengals address the Oline in FA and for good reason....Id much rather have a Grubbs or Nicks and use our high picks on impact players. Our line will be much better right away by addressing it in FA ...most young guards struggle in their 1st season..IE Danny Watkins...Iupauti... I would much rather use middle round picks on guards and develop them.
[/quote]

If we could sign Grubbs or Nicks, that would be great. But in a draft outside of any free agency considerations I want Glenn or DeCastro. They are good fits slot wise and great players.

Regardless I do not want a proven repeat knucklehead in the first round.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1324101401' post='1075666']

[/quote]

Bare cupbord? Jones has played well, Nate would be a solid slot CB, and we don't know yet that Hall won't be back in time for the season.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324129873' post='1075685']

Further, while I'd like to see a first round CB (in this mock you just can't pass up richardson though), the Bengals will likely be starting next year at corner with at the least Hall, Clements, and Jones. Jones I think will easily be resigned. Hall may not be 100%, but I think he will be if not pretty close. You still definitely want to add a highly talented rookie to that pool, but I wouldn't exactly call the cupboard bare.
[/quote]
lol Come on. He's an inch smaller and 8 pounds later than JJ coming out of the draft. He's more talented than JJ coming out of the draft. So your going to pass on the 2nd or 3rd most talented cornerback in the draft for a guy who didn't even play guard this year? He could have been a great guard in his first few years, but he didn't play any this year. I don't have one problem with him, but to say that Cordy Glenn is a better option just isn't true. Janoris Jenkins is a serious talent. He would be top 10 talent if he wasn't a bonehead. This team doesn't seem to be doing too bad for Adam Jones.

You can build a team full of boyscouts, or you can build a winning football team. While they aren't going to go out and get Jerry Sandusky's and Ted Bundy's, they certainly didn't have a problem playing Jerome a week after he was busted with 6 pounds of ganja.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1324137907' post='1075712']

Bare cupbord? Jones has played well, Nate would be a solid slot CB, and we don't know yet that Hall won't be back in time for the season.
[/quote]
Yes bare cupboard. 0 idea how Hall is going to be and he is going to be hard pressed to come back early from that injury, not to mention one you probably don't want to rush and Adam hasn't been very good this year. Nate's on a two year contract and will be 33 at the end of next year.

I'd say that's as close to bare cupboard as you can get. Maybe if Ghee wasn't a walking injury it would be better, but you cannot count on him.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1324139855' post='1075716']
lol Come on. He's an inch smaller and 8 pounds later than JJ coming out of the draft. He's more talented than JJ coming out of the draft. So your going to pass on the 2nd or 3rd most talented cornerback in the draft for a guy who didn't even play guard this year? He could have been a great guard in his first few years, but he didn't play any this year. I don't have one problem with him, but to say that Cordy Glenn is a better option just isn't true. Janoris Jenkins is a serious talent. He would be top 10 talent if he wasn't a bonehead. This team doesn't seem to be doing too bad for Adam Jones.

You can build a team full of boyscouts, or you can build a winning football team. While they aren't going to go out and get Jerry Sandusky's and Ted Bundy's, they certainly didn't have a problem playing Jerome a week after he was busted with 6 pounds of ganja.

Yes bare cupboard. 0 idea how Hall is going to be and he is going to be hard pressed to come back early from that injury, not to mention one you probably don't want to rush and Adam hasn't been very good this year. Nate's on a two year contract and will be 33 at the end of next year.

I'd say that's as close to bare cupboard as you can get. Maybe if Ghee wasn't a walking injury it would be better, but you cannot count on him.
[/quote]

1) Looking at Jenkins I think he's smaller than his listed measurables.

2) His size isn't why I'd consider passing on him.

3) I said he's not as big as the BENGALS tend to like. I said nothing of my personal opinion.

4) LOL come on. The reason Glenn didn't play guard this year is because they thought he was talented enough to play left tackle, and he's held up pretty well there. Let's not pretend there's some negative reason that Glenn didn't play guard this year.

As said, i'm all for a CB in round 1 to go with a OL. I have no problem passing on a CB though if Richardson falls into your lap, as happened in the mock draft that was posted.

The Bengals may lose both starting guards, and both backup tackles. I'm not going to pretend the oline isn't a major need.

CB of course is also a need. However, at the very least the Bengals will very likely have their top 3 corners back from this years defense, which was a dominant defense for much of the year.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1324140511' post='1075718']

1) Looking at Jenkins I think he's smaller than his listed measurables.

2) His size isn't why I'd consider passing on him.

3) I said he's not as big as the BENGALS tend to like. I said nothing of my personal opinion.

4) LOL come on. The reason Glenn didn't play guard this year is because they thought he was talented enough to play left tackle, and he's held up pretty well there. Let's not pretend there's some negative reason that Glenn didn't play guard this year.

As said, i'm all for a CB in round 1 to go with a OL. I have no problem passing on a CB though if Richardson falls into your lap, as happened in the mock draft that was posted.

The Bengals may lose both starting guards, and both backup tackles. I'm not going to pretend the oline isn't a major need.

CB of course is also a need. However, at the very least the Bengals will very likely have their top 3 corners back from this years defense, which was a dominant defense for much of the year.
[/quote]
3.) As I said. They drafted Johnathan Joseph when he was 1 inch and 8 pounds heavier. He's probably bigger than Adam Jones..right now. I think that's personal opinion.
4.) lulz where did I pretend there was some negative reason he didn't play guard? I have no idea where you are getting that from. Anyways, I don't care why Glenn didn't play guard this past year. You don't pass on a guy at 22 when it's a guy with top 10 talent, and he is a position of need. I have no problem with Cordy Glenn. But if JJ is there, you don't just pass on him because he fights and smokes weed. I'd say about 90% of the college population have done the same thing or worse.

The pass defense leaves a lot to be desired right now. Leon wasn't even playing very well before he got hurt and Nate isn't getting any younger and Adam isn't even playing very well.

But it's whatever we can continue to act like this defense needs nothing because we were ranked #1 at one point.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1324145196' post='1075730']
3.) As I said. They drafted Johnathan Joseph when he was 1 inch and 8 pounds heavier. He's probably bigger than Adam Jones..right now. I think that's personal opinion.
4.) lulz where did I pretend there was some negative reason he didn't play guard? I have no idea where you are getting that from. Anyways, I don't care why Glenn didn't play guard this past year. You don't pass on a guy at 22 when it's a guy with top 10 talent, and he is a position of need. I have no problem with Cordy Glenn. [color=#ff0000]But if JJ is there, you don't just pass on him because he fights and smokes weed. I'd say about 90% of the college population have done the same thing or wors[/color][color=#ff0000]e.[/color]

The pass defense leaves a lot to be desired right now. Leon wasn't even playing very well before he got hurt and Nate isn't getting any younger and [color=#008000]Adam isn't even playing very well. [/color]

[b]But it's whatever we can continue to act like this defense needs nothing because we were ranked #1 at one point.[/b]
[/quote]

1) stop acting like anyone is saying the bolded.

2) the red part you're trivializing just a bit

3) the green we'll agree to disagree on.

Archived