I have a feeling...

For;
The one and only team with a winning record the Bengals have beaten was on the road (@ Tenn).
The Bengals will be facing a 3rd or 4th string QB.
The Texans have lost 3 in a row.
The Texans have no playoff experience as a team.
The Bengals have playoff experience as they were there in 2009 (most from 05 are now gone).

Against;
Only one win vs a team w/a winning record.
Winning in the NFL is tough. Winning on the road even more so.
Texans strenght -- run. Bengals run d gave up big plays against Balt (Rice).

The Bengals chances are very good this week.

The matchup is certainly favorable and most of the "experts" and panelists think we come away with the win. Likely coincidental though, it seems every time the team gets respect and admiration from the media, they lay an egg. Yates beat us last time without Andre Johnson because of the lack of a killer instinct. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that it can happen again WITH Johnson in the game. The Bengals definitely need to shore some things up on D. Dreessen and Daniels across the middle are worrisome, especially if they get Tate and Foster going again. The defense's trend all year has been giving up at least 2-3 big plays a game. Also, the offense needs to be opened up. I feel Hawkins has to be utilized a lot better - he can be a play maker in the open field with his quickness. More importantly, the O-line has to play better and give Andy more consistent protection... can't be sticking a TE all alone on J.J. Watt again either.

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1325537863' post='1083316']
Bengals are about to have their first playoff win in ages next week.
Didn't feel this against Pitt/NYJ.

A little slice of respect will be earned.. Finally.
After that, sky's the limit.
[/quote]
Question 666:
Are you a prophet who talks to angels, or are you the devil himself? I hope the first one.

Sarcasm aside, the Bengals can win this game if they play their best football, but they need to put it altogther for a whole game.
Mike Lombardi at NFL.com summed up the Bengals really well as a team at this point, by saying:

[i]"The Bengals are no longer a young team, they are a playoff team. Time to start acting like one![/i]"

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1325542373' post='1083369']
Question 666:
Are you a prophet who talks to angels, or are you the devil himself? I hope the first one.

Sarcasm aside, the Bengals can win this game if they play their best football, but they need to put it altogther for a whole game.
Mike Lombardi at NFL.com summed up the Bengals really well as a team at this point, by saying:

[i]"The Bengals are no longer a young team, they are a playoff team. Time to start acting like one![/i]"
[/quote]

I'm curious to see how, after seemingly being afraid of the wind yesterday, playing in a dome on Saturday changes the mindset of this offense. Not to mention Andy Dalton playing at home.

My biggest hope is that Marvin/Zimmer learned from their mistakes last time. Bring the heat all game. Don't suddenly stop with 20 minutes left, and give the kid a comfortable pocket and wide open receivers across the middle... Drives me nuts when you kick the crap out of an opponent for 40 minutes, then pick him up, dust him off, and hand him everything he needs in the middle of the field.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1325544289' post='1083394']

I farted so loud last night I woke myself up.

True story...
[/quote]

Reminds me of a comedy show I saw once where a body builder ate a can of beans and in the middle of the night farted, and blew his wife out of the window in the bedroom. Funny shit.

[quote name='T.O.C.H.O SHOW' timestamp='1325550713' post='1083464']
I tried to envision a scenario in which the bengals dont win this game and i couldnt think of one.
[/quote]

I like the attitude, but the scenario is avaliable to watch from a few weeks ago.

[quote name='cwing' timestamp='1325540777' post='1083343']
For;
The one and only team with a winning record the Bengals have beaten was on the road (@ Tenn).
The Bengals will be facing a 3rd or 4th string QB.
The Texans have lost 3 in a row.
The Texans have no playoff experience as a team.
The Bengals have playoff experience as they were there in 2009 (most from 05 are now gone).

Against;
[b]Only one win vs a team w/a winning record.[/b]
Winning in the NFL is tough. Winning on the road even more so.
Texans strenght -- run. Bengals run d gave up big plays against Balt (Rice).

The Bengals chances are very good this week.
[/quote]

True but....If we would have lost to Tennessee, they'd be a playoff team (the 1 team we beat with a winning record) and if we would have lost to Arizona on the road, they would have had a winning record. Seattle would have been .500 if they would would have beat us in their building, which is a tough place to play (Baltimore lost their). Also take into account that we should have beaten the texans and have only been blown out in one game (@ Pittsburgh). I like our chances really, and think the stat is kind of over-rated. For instance, Pittsburgh was 3-4 against playoff teams (2 wins vs us). So now we don't think they have a chance? Or New England was 1-2 (wow their schedule was soft). If it means anything thing, then we will watch Baltimore play Green bay in the Super Bowl.

Archived