BlackJesus’ Mock Draft, Jinxes, and Large Black Man Crushes

[b]Those familiar with my posts over the last 8 years on here will know that every year I usually fall in love with several players – and the running joke (based in reality) is that they are often very large 340 lb players (commonly G’s or DT’s). This goes all the way back to my first crush in 04 on Vince Wilfork on here (who we could have had instead of Chris Perry had we not traded back – don’t get me started). Other player draft crushes I have had have been on players like DT Red Bryant (recently got a big pay day in Seattle), G Max Jean Gilles (missed on that one), Von Miller last year (had him going #4 to us months before the draft when he was just a blip on the radar), Julio Jones last year (he looks like a solid pro), LB Aaron Curry (he seems to have fizzled out), Andy Dalton last year ([i]Fuck yeah that one worked out bitches!!!), [/i]C Charles Spencer (Hey he went to a Super Bowl with Seattle), the large black man who could do back flips (he shall remain unnamed), etc.[/b]

[b]Every year there is also players that I simply don’t want at all and deem [color=#ee82ee]puke worthy[/color]. In the past the Bengals have picked some of these players such as David Pollack (who was my worst nightmare, and because of injury ended up being), RB Chris Perry, and I’ll even admit that I wanted Julio Jones over AJ Green (I’m glad the team didn’t follow my advice there).[/b]

[b]I admit that at times I can enamored with size, weight, height – but I also think these attributes can make a big difference in a league where size continues to be at an increasing premium. I am also a sucker for a good 40 times in proportion to a guy’s size – for instance I would rather have a 230 lb RB who runs a 4.55 than a 200 lb RB who runs a 4.4.[/b]

[b]So with all that said, here are the players that I am enamored with for this years draft [color=#ff3300][i][u]in order[/u][/i][/color] and might be jinxing the team on – or in the case of last years constant praying threads for Andy Dalton, blessing the team with ...[/b]

[size=5][color=#ff3300][u][b]MAN CRUSHES[/b][/u][/color][/size]

[color=#ff3300][b][u]ROUND 1[/u][/b][/color]
[b]- G Cordy Glenn[/b]
[b]- DT Dontari Poe[/b]
[b]- G David DeCastro[/b]
[b]- WR Stephen Hill[/b]
[b]- WR Michael Floyd[/b]
[b]- DT Michael Brockers[/b]
[b]- OLB Courtney Upshaw[/b]
[b]- CB Janoris Jenkins[/b]
[b]- WR Alshon Jeffrey[/b]

[color=#ff3300][b][u]ROUNDS 2-3[/u][/b][/color]
[b]- CB Trumaine Johnson[/b]
[b]- LB Lavonte David[/b]
[b]- DT Jared Crick[/b]
[b]- RB Robert Turbin[/b]
[b]- RB Lamar Miller[/b]
[b]- CB Alfonzo Dennard[/b]
[b]- WR Brian Quick[/b]
[b]- DT Alameda Ta'amu[/b]
[b]- WR Marvin McNutt[/b]

[color=#ff3300][b][u]LATER ROUNDS[/u][/b][/color]
[b]- DT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste[/b]
[b]- S George Iloka[/b]
[b]- WR Tommy Streeter[/b]
[b]- QB Russell Wilson[/b]
[b]- CB/PR Cliff Harris[/b]
[b]- FS Justin Bethel[/b]

[color=#ee82ee][b][u]MY PUKE LIST[/u][/b][/color]
[b]- WR Kendall Wright[/b]
[b]- OT Jonathan Martin[/b]
[b]- WR Rueben Randle[/b]
[b]- RB Isaiah Pead[/b]
[b]- WR TY Hilton[/b]

[size=5][color=#ff3300][b][u][img]http://www.scores.com/graphics/section/boxscores/nfl/large/CIN_logo_100.gif[/img][/u][/b][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#ff3300][b][u]--- MY DREAM BENGALS MOCK ---[/u][/b][/color][/size]

[size=5]1 (17) – RG Cordy Glenn[/size]
[size=5]1 (21) – WR Stephen Hill[/size]
[size=5]2 – CB Trumaine Johnson[/size]
[size=5]3 – (trade next years Oak 2[sup]nd[/sup]) LB Lavonte David[/size]
[size=5]3 – RB Robert Turbin[/size]
[size=5]4 – DT Alameda Ta'amu[/size]
[size=5]5 – S George Iloka[/size]
[size=5]5 – QB Russell Wilson[/size]
[size=5]5 – WR Tommy Streeter[/size]
[size=5]6 – CB/PR Cliff Harris[/size]
[size=5]7 – FS Justin Bethel[/size]

[b]Thoughts? Opinions? Curses? [/b]
[i][b]Take it away, youtube scouts ...[/b][/i]

[size=5][b]EXPANDING on MY[/b][/size][color=#ff3300][size=5][b] --- DREAM BENGALS MOCK ---[/b][/size][/color]

[b]1 (17) – RG Cordy Glenn[/b]
Replaces Bobbie, can start for 10 yrs at RG from game 1 and form a formidable right side with Andre Smith for years to come. Great size, wing span, toughness. And Marvin loves Bulldogs.

[b]1 (21) – WR Stephen Hill[/b]
To me he has the most potential of any WR in the draft, including Blackmon. Is almost an AJ clone at 6’4 but with more weight, (built more like Julio Jones) and would give the Bengals an amazing 1-2 punch at WR. Hill is the best deep ball WR in the draft and the fastest WR in the draft and I would say best blocker (what Marvin likes). Go look at this amazing diving combine catch if you’re worried about his hands.

[b]2 – CB Trumaine Johnson[/b]
I saw him play several times this year and he always stood out to me as a stud. Great size at 6’2 for a CB, and hits like a LB. Is more of a high 4.5 speed guy, but makes up for that with long arms, size and instinct. Also played in the cold weather of Montana and has a Polamalu streak about him – always seems to be in the center of the play.

[b]3 – (trade next years Oak 2[sup]nd[/sup]) LB Lavonte David[/b]
As a Cornhusker fan I have been watching him dominate for years. He is a tackling machine and has the speed of a SS at OLB. Has bulked up to 230 lbs and would be like Von Miller off the edge imo. Since I would value him as a 2[sup]nd[/sup] rd pick, if he is available at the start of the 3[sup]rd[/sup], I’d trade next years Oakland 2[sup]nd[/sup] for the chance to grab him.

[b]3 – RB Robert Turbin[/b]
My favorite RB in the whole draft. He literally is the most impressive looking football specimen I think I have ever seen and if you painted him green he would look like the Hulk. He reminds me of Marshawn Lynch and can catch out of the backfield. Has had a few injuries, but what bell cows haven’t? He also ran a 4.5 at around 230 lbs and with biceps the size of OT thighs.

[b]4 – DT Alameda Ta'amu[/b]
A 340 lb run clogger that the Bengals need for short yardage. And you know the Bengals like Pacific Islanders. A bigger version of Peko which is needed in the AFC North.

[b]5 – S George Iloka[/b]
Could be a good project for a year or two but has great size and length.

[b]5 – QB Russell Wilson[/b]
Could be a good backup insurance policy if Dalton goes down. Smart kid and the Bengals could benefit from having a wildcat option if they wanted it (Dalton should never option again).

[b]5 – WR Tommy Streeter[/b]
Tall, fast, U WR. Nuff said.

[b]6 – CB/PR Cliff Harris[/b]
If you return punts on the same team as LaMichael James, you have skills.

[b]7 – FS Justin Bethel[/b]
Nice size, could be special team ace for year or two behind Reggie Nelson and Mays.

I am not a big fan of Stephen Hill. He had a sweet 40 at his size, but his 3 cone drill and shuttle time were just abysmal. I think we need a big bodied receiver, a thicker guy whom can take some shots like Stephen, but his lack of agility and acceleration scare me. He might be able to get open deep, but we already have a guy that does that very well. I think our weakness in the passing game was our intermediate gains. The 8-12 yarders and I think a guy like Ashlon Jeffery could be the solution, but I don't think he will be there at 53 and he isn't first round material. I like Ta'Amu a lot. I think we could use another mountain who could eventually command double teams.

I like Lavonte David a lot. I would take him in the 2nd, but he may sneak into the 1st.
I also like Trumaine Johnson, and Brian Quick.

I would not take Stephen Hill even in the 2nd. He is not laterally quick and has no understanding of ANY routes but the straight GO. He was not covered often times and got 40+ yard TD's and receptions while the focus was on the running game.

As always, BJ, thank you . You certainly do keep it interesting.

I agree with some of your picks and salute you for your honesty. If I was Marvin , I'd follow your lead and draft in the first four rounds :

[u][color=#EE82EE][b][u]MY PUKE LIST[/u][/b][/color][/u]
[b]- RB Isaiah Pead[/b]
[b]- WR TY Hilton[/b]

[b]Love you , BJ . Your scouting abilities are unparelled . [/b]

I think you have a lot of guys going way lower than they actually will. It seems like George Iloka has emerged as the #3 Safety and is going to go early 3rd at the latest. Same with Lavonte David and some of the other guys.

The one area of your opinion that I really disagree with are your lack of concern for character (i.e. your man crush on Jenkins as a 1st rounder). That has always bit us in the ass and I don't like taking the risk of those types of guys early.

Which is why I don't like the Trumaine Johnson pick. I've heard he has at least as many off field concerns as Janoris. And he's also a TO-like personality in the locker room who is a pain in the ass to the coaches from other reports out there on him. While I like his measureables and think he could end up a good player, I wouldn't invest a 2nd on him.

[quote name='Patmo' timestamp='1334514073' post='1118645']
As always, BJ, thank you . You certainly do keep it interesting.

I agree with some of your picks and salute you for your honesty. If I was Marvin , I'd follow your lead and draft in the first four rounds :

[u][color=#EE82EE][b][u]MY PUKE LIST[/u][/b][/color][/u]
[b]- RB Isaiah Pead[/b]
[b]- WR TY Hilton[/b]

[b]Love you , BJ . Your scouting abilities are unparelled . [/b]
[/quote]
Can't believe Pead and Randle are on your puke list.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1334515978' post='1118651']
[/quote]

Yeah, I like both of those guys, especially Randle. He was 1st team All SEC at age 20. He finished 3rd in the conference in receiving yards despite playing with a crappy QB on a run first team. And did it against Kirkpatrick, Gilmore, Boykin, etc. The SEC is loaded at CB, so I prefer production there as opposed to against B12 defenses (Wright).

So he's already pretty damn good. And yet universally everyone agrees he has the potential to get much better as one of the higher upside guys in the draft.

I can see Jonathan Martin being on there, but kinda irrelevant because he has next to zero chance of being drafted. He can only play OT and we have no need there. You could put Brandon Weeden on there just as easily since there's no chance we are going to take him either.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1334512517' post='1118638']
BADASS draft, A+
[/quote]
[b]Thanks :pimp: [/b]

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1334513500' post='1118641']
I am not a big fan of Stephen Hill. His lack of agility and acceleration scare me. He might be able to get open deep, but we already have a guy that does that very well. I think our weakness in the passing game was our intermediate gains. The 8-12 yarders and I think a guy like Ashlon Jeffery could be the solution[/quote]
[b]You don't have the fastest 40 of all WR's if you don't have good acceleration. Moreover, I think his ability to go deep is what will open up the shorter routes as it will force teams to play both safeties back deep to protect against AJ and Hill. This will also help with the running game. I subscribe to the idea that a team should have 2 large deep threats on both sides to prevent 8 in the box. [/b]

[b]Alshon would be my 3rd choice at WR after Hill and Floyd and he is a crush as well. I just wish he were the 6'4 they advertised him at and not the 6'2 he showed up as at the combine. [/b]

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1334513856' post='1118643']
I like Lavonte David a lot.
[/quote]
[b]Me too. The next Derrick Brooks imo. [/b]

[quote name='Patmo' timestamp='1334514073' post='1118645']
Love you , BJ . Your scouting abilities are unparelled .
[/quote]
[b]Thanks :pimp: [/b]

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1334515540' post='1118650']
The one area of your opinion that I really disagree with are your lack of concern for character (i.e. your man crush on Jenkins as a 1st rounder).[/quote]
[b]Since football is a violent game, I don't mind a little "thug" in my football players. Especially when you consider these are 21 year old guys, most from broken homes, in a college setting where the tatted up large black guy on campus just screams "arrest me" for something (especially in rural Montana and redneck Gainesville). This isn't a boy scout troop and all that matters is the ring, not the church attendance of the locker room. As for Jenkins, I think he is [u]better[/u] than Claiborne. [/b]

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1334515978' post='1118651']
[/quote]
[b]Randle to me is just average and benefited from being on a good team. As for Pead, I think the Bengals usually rate home town players higher than they deserve because of local bias. This was ok when the team was 4-12 and needed local fans support, but now they are a playoff contender, and don't need to seek out the local feel good stories. [/b]

[center][quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1334513278' post='1118639'][/center][center][size=6][b]RB Robert Turbin[/b][/size][/center][center][size=5] ... if you painted him green he would look like the [/size][/center][center][size=8][color=#00ff00][b]Hulk[/b][/color][/size].[/quote][/center][center][img]http://worldsport35.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/robert-turbin.jpg[/img][/center][center][img]http://www.patriots.com/assets/images/articles/photos-for-articles/20120410-robert-turbin.jpg[/img][/center][center][img]http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/3234415/20120226_lbm__ss1_602_extra_large.jpg[/img]
[/center]

[center][b][size=8] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5VdZ9PWUg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5VdZ9PWUg[/url][/size][/b][/center][center][b][size=8]Robert [color="#00ff00"]"[/color][color=#00ff00]HULK"[/color] Turbin[/size][/b][/center]

[center][b][size=7][color=#daa520]Stephen[/color][/size] (wiped his dick with your mom's hair) [color=#daa520][size=7]Hill[/size][/color][/b][/center][center][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQWb4NXvJc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQWb4NXvJc[/url]

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1334529941' post='1118683']
And Stephen Hill over Kendall Wright? C'mon son. [/quote]
[b]If it weren't for Robert Griffin being on Baylor, Wright would be lucky to be a FA after the draft. He's not big ... he's not fast ... he's an average WR who played with a scrambling Heisman trophy winner.[/b]

[/center]

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1334529289' post='1118678']
Robert Turbin will amount to absolutely nothing in the league. Don't care how big his upper body is. What the fuck does that mean?
[/quote]
Besides the fact that he played in the WAC, what makes you think so? Full disclosure: I know absolutely nothing about this guy.

[center][img]http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/6f/36f79769-49d6-5ba5-a699-4bf75a66ec77/4ec88c2c36db2.image.jpg[/img][/center][center][color=#800000][i][b][size=6]"King Kong ... aint got nothing ... on me !!!"[/size][/b][/i][/color][/center][center][color=#696969][b][size=6]6'3 - 210 lb CB[/size][/b][/color][/center][center][color=#800000][i][b][size=6][b][i][size="5"][color="#800000"][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLrhJgLEtQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLrhJgLEtQ[/url] [/color][/size][/i][/b][/size][/b][/i][/color][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1334530631' post='1118687'][center][b][size=7][color=#daa520]Stephen[/color][/size] (wiped his dick with your mom's hair) [color=#daa520][size=7]Hill[/size][/color][/b][/center][center][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQWb4NXvJc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQWb4NXvJc[/url]

[b]If it weren't for Robert Griffin being on Baylor, Wright would be lucky to be a FA after the draft. He's not big ... he's not fast ... he's an average WR who played with a scrambling Heisman trophy winner.[/b]

[/center][/quote]

Lol watch some tape... That's a silly statement.

Tell me the two KState TDs he scored were thanks to RGIII and that OU tipped pass for a TD were RG (taking a few examples). Wright helped RG as much as RG helped him... RG is as good a deep thrower as I've seen for a college QB, but Wright made the plays, too.

That tiptoe by him down the sidelines on a crossing route vs KState, at full speed for 20+ yards, was as athletic a play as you will see from any WR, anywhere.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1334531306' post='1118690']
Besides the fact that he played in the WAC, what makes you think so? Full disclosure: I know absolutely nothing about this guy.
[/quote]

I wouldn't go as far as "will do absolutely nothing in the league", but Turbin doesn't play as fast as he timed and there's questions about him having the lower body strength to compete in the NFL. Sure he's 222lbs, but its mostly upper body. It's like a sucker. heavy on the top, but a stick on the bottom.

That's how you can run a 4.5 40 at 222lbs and not be considered among the top 10 backs in the draft.

[center][size=7][color=#ff0000][b]Lavonte [/b][/color][size=5][color=#d3d3d3][b]"King" [/b][/color][/size][color=#ff0000][b]David[/b][/color][/size][/center][center][size=7][color=#ff0000][b][img]http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Gallery/312778/312789.jpg[/img][/b][/color][/size][/center][center][size=7][color=#ff0000][b][size=5][b][color="#ff0000"][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9krhRbE3oo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9krhRbE3oo[/url] [/color][/b][/size][/b][/color][/size]
[/center]

Archived