Stop wishing and put yourself in a position to make it happen; that's what I did.

Tickets for the Bayern München home game are FUCKING expensive, but all the beergardens will have projection TVs up for that one.

[img]http://www.chemnitz-lebt.de/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/public_viewing_chemnitz_miramar.jpg[/img]

you can't see the screen from this one, but it was there; the game hadn't started yet.

[img]http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/polopoly_fs/1.979507.1280129282!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/900x600/image.jpg[/img]

OH look, it's Jamie_B!

[img]http://www.muenchen.de/media/th/bg/sommer/bildergalerien/public_viewing_em_2008/deutschland_portugal/img/15___506_0.jpg[/img]

That was such a great come back by the Germans. When madrid went up i thought the would pull a chelsea and play 10hair defenders. I love that all the spainish were calling for an El classico champions league final, and neither of them made it

Kind of dumb that 7 guys are suspended for the next match. The card accumulation should be wiped out before the finals. I understand you don't want players to be reckless in the semi's, but Chelsea is basically sending out their second string defense. 3 of their starting defenders are going to be out.

• 11 months later...

Olympic Stadium has not been used by FC Bayern for quite some time.  A crapload of stadia all over Germany were built and/or renovated for the World Cup several years ago.  This is Munich's new one.

I've been there for 1860 München (2nd league) and FC Bayern (DFB/German Cup) games.  1st League and Champions League games are hopeless unless you want to shell out 200+€ per seat to a scalper.  Which I don't.

The 1860 game was awesome in that I scored some complimentary business class seats which included pre-game fancy-gourmet-shit buffet and free beer.  I'm surprised I remember that game, honestly.  1860 was shellacked by a team that had just been relegated from the 1st league. 

I've attended a Bayern Muenchen game in Olympic Stadium........craziness.  I'd love to move to Europe myself....Munich is a nice city but my city of choice would have to be Amsterdam.  Or Barcelona.  One day, I will make it happen. 

Barcelona is on our shortlist for retirement locales, along with Nice and Eze.  My lovely bride has dictated that any final destination must be warm and next to water... 

Barcelona is on our shortlist for retirement locales, along with Nice and Eze.  My lovely bride has dictated that any final destination must be warm and next to water... 

Nice and Easy....can't beat that!   Yeah Barcelona would be lovely but your lovely bride has got the right idea.  Many places will do. 

Nice and Easy....can't beat that!   Yeah Barcelona would be lovely but your lovely bride has got the right idea.  Many places will do. 

Well, I've dragged the poor thing into the mountains and the desert over the last 20 years when she grew up on the water, so I kinda owe her this one... :D

Olympic Stadium has not been used by FC Bayern for quite some time.  A crapload of stadia all over Germany were built and/or renovated for the World Cup several years ago.  This is Munich's new one.

I've been there for 1860 München (2nd league) and FC Bayern (DFB/German Cup) games.  1st League and Champions League games are hopeless unless you want to shell out 200+€ per seat to a scalper.  Which I don't.

The 1860 game was awesome in that I scored some complimentary business class seats which included pre-game fancy-gourmet-shit buffet and free beer.  I'm surprised I remember that game, honestly.  1860 was shellacked by a team that had just been relegated from the 1st league. 

I was there the summer of 1998 I believe.  Just had graduated HS.  There was a huge market going on outside, rides, games all that....Bayern played a friendly that day I believe but have no idea who they played.  I remembered it being a great time though...

That was probably the best summer ever.....I finally banged this chick I had the biggest crush on, then the next day flew to Amsterdam where I stayed for 3 wks....went to Munich for a week, then finally drove in a car with strangers (rideshare from Munich to Amsterdam) back to Amsterdam for another 2 wks.  The good ole days....

I dunno if your kidding or not, but they probably will.  It would be the best team in the world, in my book.  They have a treasure chest to use this summer and I'd be surprised if they didn't bring in a quality centreback as well.

I dunno if your kidding or not, but they probably will.  It would be the best team in the world, in my book.  They have a treasure chest to use this summer and I'd be surprised if they didn't bring in a quality centreback as well.

I meant it....heads will explode.   That team is going to be ridiculous.  It's like the current 49ers having $80mil to spend next offseason. 

I meant it....heads will explode.   That team is going to be ridiculous.  It's like the current 49ers having $80mil to spend next offseason. 

Yeah.  I saw the reports over having several hundred million dollars to spend.  Goetze was around 40 million euro's.  Lewandowski will likely be that much, maybe more.  Scary to think of what they could do with all that money and Pep.

Spent 7 years stationary in Europe and another almost 10 years (on and off) going from place to place in Europe (...and a few in Asia).  Barcelona has some nice restaurants and actually had (if I remember right) a Chicago Pizza Parlor.  Not familiar with Eze but do not get stuck too much on France.  There's always Italy with places like Trieste or Sorrento.  Kind of out of the way but still close enough to the cities and beautiful views of the Med.   Don't discount the Caribbean.  My short list there would include Vieques Island (Clint Eastwood, Tom Cruise, and a few others have homes there) or Eleuthera.  Amsterdam is just asking for trouble and its cold as **I# there in the winter but when its warm outside oh my what a blast.  Romania is a cheap place to live and its cleaned up a lot since the wall came down.  Beautiful views and the Stolichnaya is cheaper than the water.  The Black Sea is very beautiful depending upon which country you are in and if I had the chance I'd jump at going back their too.  Dubrovnik was nice at one time too but the Yugo break up fixed that.  I went before and after.  You'd barely recognize the city after.

CincyinDC, are you familiar with the area of Germany near Wissembourg, France ?  I have a question.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Numbers, sorry I didn't see your post until just now.  I was in that area around Karlsruhe earlier in the winter but it was only for less than a day...we didn't get to see many sights but did manage (barely) to talk to some people.  The accent/dialect there is very funny compared to what I'm used to in Bavaria.  What do you want to know?

Elf, Numbers has a point about the Black Sea.  It's much more affordable than some other places, but even Burgas (large-ish city on the southern Bulgarian coast) gets pretty cold in winter.

Archived