The Avengers

B.A.B.

:41:

Simply fucking incredible. I had faith in Joss Whedon, but he just did a fantastic job at pulling this one off. Getting all the characters the right amount of screen time. Having each one of them play to their strengths. Making each one of them seem essential to the overall goal. Just...fucking awesome, man. Marvel has really done something beautiful in pulling this off.

And the Hulk. lmao. Just...go watch this movie. The Hulk had literally the most badass moments I have probably ever seen on film. Just fucking sick shit, man.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1336156554' post='1128857']
Movie did 18.7 mil off the midnight's according to boxofficemojo.com.
[/quote]

yep they're saying its going to do between 150 and 170 million (Dark Knight has the record at $158 million) in the US this weekend and will be at $500 million worldwide (its' already done about $300 million worldwide, opening last week) by the end of the weekend.

For comparisons sake, The Hunger Games shattered all kinds of records, and it just passed $600 million worldwide a few days ago.

The Avengers will easily top $1 Billion during its run. Only 10 movies all-time have topped $1 billion.

I'm guessing this movie being sick as fuck helps the record. Probably also helps that half the people i ran into after the midnight showing were talking about seeing it again. I'm seeing that shit again next weekend, and I already downloaded and watched a bootleg version lol. Just...so epic. Like, I had multiple nerdgasms during that shit.

The Avengers wasn't a great movie.

It was one of the best films I have [b]ever[/b] seen of [b]any[/b] genre. Truly spectacular on every level.

I've been a big fan of Joss Whedon's work for many years, going back to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yes, the TV Show), but this should finally cement him as one of the very best writers and directors in Hollywood.

Top to bottom, a truly fantastic production. It's the movie Michael Bay [b]wishes[/b] he could make...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1336201018' post='1128964']
The Avengers wasn't a great movie.

It was one of the best films I have [b]ever[/b] seen of [b]any[/b] genre. Truly spectacular on every level.

I've been a big fan of Joss Whedon's work for many years, going back to Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yes, the TV Show), but this should finally cement him as one of the very best writers and directors in Hollywood.

Top to bottom, a truly fantastic production. It's the movie Michael Bay [b]wishes[/b] he could make...
[/quote]

good stuff. I feel the same about The Dark Knight and completely expect to come out feeling the same about The Avengers. I wish I didn't know so much about what happens though. I don't know a lot, but more than I'd like, particulary about some of the stuff at the end.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1336219428' post='1128981']
Kick ass. I'm taking my sons to see it this afternoon. I can't wait. The first Iron Man movie was my favorite out of all of these flicks, so if it manages to top that, I'm going to be a happy camper.
[/quote]

if you haven't seen it yet, IMO Captain America is just as good, if not better than the first Iron Man movie.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1336219814' post='1128985']
if you haven't seen it yet, IMO Captain America is just as good, if not better than the first Iron Man movie.
[/quote]

I haven't seen it or Thor yet. Thor just seems...kinda out of place with the rest of the guys. A green monster, a guy in a metal suit, an uber-patriot shield throwing soldier I can buy, but a god? C'mon man!

:lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1336219934' post='1128987']
I haven't seen it or Thor yet. Thor just seems...kinda out of place with the rest of the guys. A green monster, a guy in a metal suit, an uber-patriot shield throwing soldier I can buy, but a god? C'mon man!

[/quote]

yea Thor is the least based in reality of all the movies. It had to grow on me. It's probably the most wonderfully acted and casted of all the movies though. Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgaad and Natalie Portman all knock it out of the park. Sounds like Thor 2 is going to be even more outer spacey.

Here's how the geek in me would rank the comic book movies I've seen (made in the last 15 years).

The Dark Knight
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Batman Begins/X-Men: First Class[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Captain America/[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Iron Man[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Iron Man 2[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Thor[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Incredible Hulk[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]X2[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]X-Men Last Stand[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]X-Men[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Spiderman[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Spiderman 2[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Spiderman 3[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]X-Men Origins: Wolverine[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]DareDevil[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Fantastic Four[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Fantastic Four 2[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Punisher[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Green Lantern[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Superman Returns[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Ghost Rider[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Green Hornet[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Elektra[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Oddly enough, I've never read a single comic book.[/font][/color]

I have a question about what I am perceiving as a plot hole though...

[spoiler]
In the end Bruce Banner says his secret is he is always angry, basically showing he can turn into The Hulk at will, if that's the case why on earth would he have done that on the plane and given Loki the freedom he was using him for?
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1336221161' post='1128992']
I have a question about what I am perceiving as a plot hole though...

[spoiler]
In the end Bruce Banner says his secret is he is always angry, basically showing he can turn into The Hulk at will, if that's the case why on earth would he have done that on the plane and given Loki the freedom he was using him for?
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

I hate that I can't read that yet. :(

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1336226080' post='1129011']
stupid kids insisting on birthday parties. :1018:
[/quote]

To hell with that! Tell them that the Avengers movie only happens once in a lifetime...and that they will always have more birthdays.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1336227887' post='1129019']
4 and (almost) 3. Both girls. :lol:
[/quote]

The other people who would have been in the theatre with you say "Thank you." :)

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1336227887' post='1129019']
4 and (almost) 3. Both girls. :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah, that's too young, although I am taking my six year old son, but he's already seen all the Spiderman movies, the Iron Man movies, etc anyway so he's already jaded and cynical.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1336230439' post='1129033']
Yeah, that's too young, although I am taking my six year old son, but he's already seen all the Spiderman movies, the Iron Man movies, etc anyway [b]so he's already jaded and cynical[/b].
[/quote]

Archived