2012-2013 TV Discussion

Go Skins

1181, actium curious on your thoughts after the himym finale.

Would have liked a little more mother but that's about what I expected. A very good finale overall that set up a lot of storylines for season nine. Don't know the actress but seems to be good casting as far as the kids go.

Not disappointed by it, but thought the writers had said the wedding would be in the finale. We still know the wedding definitely goes through.

I just think the reveal is going to be disappointing unless its a "oh wow thats the mother!" type moment. You are going to build this entire show essentially around that premise and then have it just be some random girl?

I think there has to be some sort of twist or connection that makes it for as big of a moment as they have played it up to be. Still going to be someone we likely havent seen before, but there has to be more to it than that or that it is just a big name actress. At least IMO.

This was a post from march...kind of why I am disappointed in the finale. Not that I have anything against the girl or the actress, i just think its like "okay thats the mother, cool?" I just wish there was more of a twist to it, or a connection to something, not just some random chick.

This was a post from march...kind of why I am disappointed in the finale. Not that I have anything against the girl or the actress, i just think its like "okay thats the mother, cool?" I just wish there was more of a twist to it, or a connection to something, not just some random chick.

But I think that only mattered if the reveal was in the series finale. They have the whole final season to make you care about the mother. I don't think they needed a big twist tonight. The rest of the episode around the reveal was strong enough to not need an "A-HA!" moment.

But I think that only mattered if the reveal was in the series finale. They have the whole final season to make you care about the mother. I don't think they needed a big twist tonight. The rest of the episode around the reveal was strong enough to not need an "A-HA!" moment.

I think some people agree with you, and I dont necessarily think you are wrong or anything. I just think its been 8 seasons of build up to who is the mother of teds kids, and then when they reveal her it is just a random girl.

I think they dug themselves into that hole by  not wanting to reveal her until the the end, but I guess if I was the show writers and could start over from day one, I would have found some way to mix this girl in so that when they revealed her it rewarded long time watchers of the show. 

But maybe some people feel rewarded just by seeing her face, and I can kind of understand that. Maybe im just a big fan of twists?

SNL should have ended, other than when Timberlake hosts, the show hasn't been funny in years.

It's still good, but not the level it once was.  They just don't have the writing staff they have been able to attract in the past. Seth Meyers was the head writer for the last 7 years or so.  We'll see if him leaving improves the writing or makes it worse.

alyson-cristin-himym-w724.jpg

The mother looks like the daughter that has been in episodes throughout the series, so I could see why the casting director went this route.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/14/how-i-met-your-mother-casting-cristin-milioti/#disqus_thread

But how did Milioti get cast? How’d they keep her casting a secret? How did it feel to watch her shoot her first scene? EW exclusively talked to How I Met Your Mother co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas about bringing the actress into the fold.

CASTING A SECRET “It was exciting,” says Bays about choosing the actress to play the much buzzed about role. “Part of what helped us is our casting director Marisa [Ross], she sort of has been talking about Cristin for two years now. It helped that she turned us onto her and then the more we got to know Cristin and see her work, the more we realized, Yeah, she’s the right choice. So that definitely helped, because we didn’t want to do a big casting cattle call — we were going to make it ‘come audition for Barney’s cousin’ or something.”

I dont know about ending it so much as finding better writers, but yeah I agree, hasnt been funny in years.

I am not sure if better writers would help at this point.  The fact they brought Kristin Wiig back to host last weekend tells you how desperate this show is.

It seems when Timberlake hosts (which has happened 5 times), that is when the show is funny.  Now that Seth Meyers is replacing Fallon on late night, it will be interesting who does Weekend Update.

I am not sure if better writers would help at this point.  The fact they brought Kristin Wiig back to host last weekend tells you how desperate this show is.

It seems when Timberlake hosts (which has happened 5 times), that is when the show is funny.  Now that Seth Meyers is replacing Fallon on late night, it will be interesting who does Weekend Update.

the bolded makes me sad... That is by far the best part of the show now.

Timberlake rocks it every time he hosts, that dude is talented.

The show has absolutely lost what it had for years, but I still watch. I always DVR it and watch it through the week, if it is sucking... I hit delete..

the up to date grid of where all the new shows are landing, where some current shows are moving, etc..

http://tvline.com/2013/05/12/fall-tv-schedule-2013-network-primetime-grid/

falltvgrid2013r3.jpg?w=625&h=840

CBS announced their lineup today and some changes, so this chart is out of date.  http://tvline.com/2013/05/15/cbs-fall-tv-lineup-2013/

On the bright side, with Persons of Interest moving to Tuesdays and the addition of Agents of Shield, there's finally a show worth watching on Tuesday, which is typically a sucky TV night IMO.

Archived