2012-2013 TV Discussion

Go Skins

I get it with Bittorrent off The Pirate Bay, new episodes are usually up within 1-2 hours of airing. Be warned, Pirate Bay is the most popular torrent site and GoT is by far the most pirated show, so your odds of getting caught are higher than other media. Still pretty low, but you know.

I get it with Bittorrent off The Pirate Bay, new episodes are usually up within 1-2 hours of airing. Be warned, Pirate Bay is the most popular torrent site and GoT is by far the most pirated show, so your odds of getting caught are higher than other media. Still pretty low, but you know.

Awesome.  Thank you.  I think I may get the first two episodes and get HBO for two months.

anyone notice how whenever they show flash forwards more than a year or so out (after barney and robins wedding), they dont show either of their left hands? In the star wars episode which takes place in 2015 (two years after their wedding) they dont show barneys left hand and in tonights episode they didnt show robins hand any of the future years.

Now I know they do get married that night, but does this mean it doesnt last long or is it just the show runners keeping us guessing??

mother possibilties:

http://tvline.com/2013/03/25/how-i-met-your-mother-candidates-photos/#1/himym_robin/

The only one that really makes sense to me is the perfect match one. I don't know exactly how they could reveal it to be her, but it's possible...

well we've seen where they meet (the train station), so its pretty easy IMO.  She only has to be part of the band at the reception or wedding.

well we've seen where they meet (the train station), so its pretty easy IMO.  She only has to be part of the band at the reception or wedding.

Well yeah but we have no idea what the "perfect match girl" looks like. So he is at the train station and she walks up, they start talking, he asks her out on a date. On date 3 they are talking and realize they both did the perfect match thing blah blah blah.

It has to be something where as soon as we see her face something clicks and everyone is like "oh wow thats the mother!". 

How would it work with it being the perfect match girl, girl.

Well yeah but we have no idea what the "perfect match girl" looks like. So he is at the train station and she walks up, they start talking, he asks her out on a date. On date 3 they are talking and realize they both did the perfect match thing blah blah blah.

It has to be something where as soon as we see her face something clicks and everyone is like "oh wow thats the mother!". 

How would it work with it being the perfect match girl, girl.

I don't think it has to be that at all.  They've stated its a girl we've never met before.

I think the only thing they probably HAVE to do, is make it a well known actress.  No one is going to care if its just some random actress.

I don't think it has to be that at all.  They've stated its a girl we've never met before.

I think the only thing they probably HAVE to do, is make it a well known actress.  No one is going to care if its just some random actress.

I just think the reveal is going to be disappointing unless its a "oh wow thats the mother!" type moment. You are going to build this entire show essentially around that premise and then have it just be some random girl?

I think there has to be some sort of twist or connection that makes it for as big of a moment as they have played it up to be. Still going to be someone we likely havent seen before, but there has to be more to it than that or that it is just a big name actress. At least IMO.

I just think the reveal is going to be disappointing unless its a "oh wow thats the mother!" type moment. You are going to build this entire show essentially around that premise and then have it just be some random girl?

I think there has to be some sort of twist or connection that makes it for as big of a moment as they have played it up to be. Still going to be someone we likely havent seen before, but there has to be more to it than that or that it is just a big name actress. At least IMO.

Agree, has to be a celebrity. Unless the reveal comes this season and most of the 9th season is them dating. Even then I agree it needs to be a big moment.

Agree, has to be a celebrity. Unless the reveal comes this season and most of the 9th season is them dating. Even then I agree it needs to be a big moment.

I just dont know that even an awesome celebrity will be that cool. Unfortunately though I think that is their only option unless there is a big twist (which is possible).

In tonights episode future barney is wearing a ring...so not sure how that ties into the post I made last time about them not usually showing if robin and/or barney is wearing one or not. (although this one could be argued it was just ted's imagination not an actual flash forward).

Random observation about HIMYM.  I noticed it back when I read Anna Karenina (2 years ago), but I forget to write it down until now.  It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but

(Spoiler about Anna Karenina)

[spoiler]Kitty's last name is Scherbatsky. And she choses the flashier Vronsky over the romantic but plodding Levin. But eventually, after much agony (for both of them), she settles for Levin.[/spoiler]

I can't help but wonder if this isn't the model for the show.  Yes, I am one of those (like Marshall) who foolishly clings to Robin and Ted getting together in the end, somehow.

Random observation about HIMYM.  I noticed it back when I read Anna Karenina (2 years ago), but I forget to write it down until now.  It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but

(Spoiler about Anna Karenina)

[spoiler]Kitty's last name is Scherbatsky. And she choses the flashier Vronsky over the romantic but plodding Levin. But eventually, after much agony (for both of them), she settles for Levin.[/spoiler]

I can't help but wonder if this isn't the model for the show.  Yes, I am one of those (like Marshall) who foolishly clings to Robin and Ted getting together in the end, somehow.

The only way I could see this happening is if the mother dies at some point. Even then, I think its highly unlikely. Only way I could see it is if it happened post 2030 (the time ted is telling the story).

The only way I could see this happening is if the mother dies at some point. Even then, I think its highly unlikely. Only way I could see it is if it happened post 2030 (the time ted is telling the story).

That would be the way I foresee it (mother dying), but actually it would happen a long time prior to the telling of the story.  Like I said, not especially likely.

Another interesting idea I saw today was that Ted is dying, or has already died (and has recorded the story for his kids)

That would be the way I foresee it (mother dying), but actually it would happen a long time prior to the telling of the story.  Like I said, not especially likely.

Another interesting idea I saw today was that Ted is dying, or has already died (and has recorded the story for his kids)

The reason I dont forsee it happening prior to the telling of the story is because he always refers to robin as aunt robin? Could you imagine Ted marrying Robin and his kids still calling her aunt robin? Creepy.

The theory I could see more likely is that the mother dies sometime in the 2020s (at their reunion in 2021 his wife is there and I am assuming its the mother not robin). So after ted tells this whole story to his kids and his kids start to realize how lonely he is since their mom passed away and try to convince him to start dating again or get with robin who has been there for him after his wife died.

Either way I dont see it happening.

Ted dying on the other hand is possible. Maybe he already died and had written this book telling his kids how he met their mother and thats why his voice is someone elses because some else is reading it to them (Bob Saget lol). Then again, when the kids are in the scenes do they every refer to the narrotor as dad? I think they might which would ruin that theory...

Hopefully the writers have better ideas then us haha.

I don't think he'll end up with Robin, but I do believe in the theory that the reason he's telling the story is because the mom is dead.

I know DirectTV is having a free HBO weekend this weekend.  Not sure about other providers. If you aren't too impatient, you could wait until episode 3 day, and order and only have to pay for 2 months since GoT is only 10 weeks total.  I think that is the route I am going to take.

The reason I dont forsee it happening prior to the telling of the story is because he always refers to robin as aunt robin? Could you imagine Ted marrying Robin and his kids still calling her aunt robin? Creepy.

The theory I could see more likely is that the mother dies sometime in the 2020s (at their reunion in 2021 his wife is there and I am assuming its the mother not robin). So after ted tells this whole story to his kids and his kids start to realize how lonely he is since their mom passed away and try to convince him to start dating again or get with robin who has been there for him after his wife died.

Either way I dont see it happening.

Ted dying on the other hand is possible. Maybe he already died and had written this book telling his kids how he met their mother and thats why his voice is someone elses because some else is reading it to them (Bob Saget lol). Then again, when the kids are in the scenes do they every refer to the narrotor as dad? I think they might which would ruin that theory...

Hopefully the writers have better ideas then us haha.

If it would happen, I agree with your timetable about getting together with Aunt Robin.  I meant that the Mom would have died many years ago, but that he was alone until that time and he is telling the story to the kids to explain why he and Aunt Robin are gonna be getting together.  

That is a really brilliant idea about "someone else" reading Ted's notes (to explain the different voice).  As far as the kids interjecting, they could be just saying their thoughts aloud.  The apparent interaction comes from Ted knowing his kids so well that he could anticipate their exclamations.  A stretch, to be sure, but not out of the question.

As far as the writers having better ideas, I want that to be true.  But then I remember the Zoey story arc, and some of the doozies from the beginning of this season.  LOL

Anyway, it is still a great show, and thinking about the future plans lends it great entertainment value

I'm enjoying Vikings. Seems to hit of sweet spot of good acting, compelling plot lines, and history. The sex and violence are present, but seem more aimed at driving story than giving wood to pubescent males... I dig GoT, but sometimes feel the extra bucket of blood, or well-oiled tit get tossed in to fit market research data more than story. I totally don't mind being a part of the male demographic those images target, I just get annoyed being so obviously pandered to. :)

Archived