The Official Reds vs Giants 2012 NLDS Thread!!!!!!!

Jason

[quote name='schotzee' timestamp='1349697259' post='1167928']
Jose Rijo
Greg Cook
KiJanan Carter
[/quote]

I don't see the Cueto injury in that category just yet.

1) It doesn't seem its going to be a major thing.

2) IMO it ignited the team to rally together and sparked the offense the last 2 games.

3) They took 2 on the road WITHOUT their ace, who they could potentially use in game 4 or 5 if need be.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1349701751' post='1167941']
I may have missed it, but I know they said Cueto was day to day and Homer is penciled in for game 3, if Cueto is good on Tue what is the rule about letting him get the start now that Homer was penciled in?
[/quote]

It's not set until they turn in the lineup card before the game.

And if something happens they can still change it if they want

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1349704100' post='1167956']
It's not set until they turn in the lineup card before the game.

And if something happens they can still change it if they want
[/quote]

Ok well I hope Johnny is good to go then, if it was an away game with Homer's road record, I'd be completely comfortable, but I'd love to get the sweep and have the Nats/Cards go a full 5 to give our guys some rest.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349705647' post='1167971']
I don't think there's a chance they'll let Cueto pitch game 3. And up 2 games there's really no reason to. Let Bailey pitch Tuesday, and if need be Latos Wednesday.
[/quote]

I think if Johnny is able to go, he goes game 4 and Mat goes game 5. Hopefully they end this thing tomorrow and it's moot.

And hopefully the Cards take the Nats to 5 games.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1349705996' post='1167973']
I think if Johnny is able to go, he goes game 4 and Mat goes game 5. Hopefully they end this thing tomorrow and it's moot.

And hopefully the Cards take the Nats to 5 games.
[/quote]

I think its up to Latos. I think they were smart in only letting him go 4 innings. He should be able to come back on Wednesday no problem on 3 days rest.

I think you give Cueto as much time as you can.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349700136' post='1167933']
I don't see the Cueto injury in that category just yet.

1) It doesn't seem its going to be a major thing.

2) IMO it ignited the team to rally together and sparked the offense the last 2 games.

3) They took 2 on the road WITHOUT their ace, who they could potentially use in game 4 or 5 if need be.
[/quote]

Exactly how you break these kind of "curses".. You cram them up your opponents ass.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/Reds"][b]Reds[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]Reds[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
NLDS Game 3 at GABP: Tom Browning throwing out first pitch,[url="https://twitter.com/NickSLachey"][s]@[/s][b]NickSLachey[/b][/url] to sing National Anthem. Gates open at 3:37pm.[url="https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23RedsOctober&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]RedsOctober[/b][/url][/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349725687' post='1168068']

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][url="https://twitter.com/Reds"][b]Reds[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]Reds[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]NLDS Game 3 at GABP: Tom Browning throwing out first pitch,[url="https://twitter.com/NickSLachey"][s]@[/s][b]NickSLachey[/b][/url] to sing National Anthem. Gates open at 3:37pm.[url="https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23RedsOctober&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]RedsOctober[/b][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Cant Cincinnati do better then Nick Lachey? Every big game in this city either football or baseball they bring him in to sing. He does a good job but come on it's Nick Lachey.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1349726519' post='1168073']
Cant Cincinnati do better then Nick Lachey? Every big game in this city either football or baseball they bring him in to sing. He does a good job but come on it's Nick Lachey.
[/quote]

Bootsy Collins?

:D

[quote name='schotzee' timestamp='1349697259' post='1167928']
Jose Rijo
Greg Cook
KiJanan Carter
[/quote]

How was Jose Rijo cursed? He had a pretty good career with the Reds, so good in fact they gave him a second shot to pitch in the majors years after his injury. There are several other names you could put on this list, but eventually it starts to sound like a conspiracy theory when it is nothing but random events that all cities deal with.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1349741399' post='1168117']
Lets worry about beating the giants first....
[/quote]

Not counting chickens here, but did you see the stat last night on how many teams have started a series 2-0 and went on to lose that series? The odds are about the same as me falling into Mila Kunis vagina.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1349738764' post='1168112']
Personally I'd rather face the Cards than the Nats. The Reds know the Cards better, I think [b]the Cards are less talented than the Cards[/b], and heck I think it would more exciting to watch. There might even be a fight.
[/quote]

Huh?

Plus against the Cards we would have home field advantage.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1349741768' post='1168120']
Huh?

Plus against the Cards we would have home field advantage.
[/quote]

Far and away the Nats are a more talented team. The Cards have one foot in baseball and one foot in a retirement home.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1349740553' post='1168115']
The Nats are too young to know what they are up against. How can they get butterflies if they know they should be nervous?
[/quote]

Nats are young and inexperienced. Similar to the 2010 Reds. Cards are a playoff tested team who in the past have shown an ability to get in the Reds heads.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349742074' post='1168125']
Nats are young and inexperienced. Similar to the 20 Reds. Cards are a playoff tested team who in the past have shown an ability to get in the Reds heads.
[/quote]

I see it differently, go figure huh? I see the Cards as an aging team, or just plain old, that the wear and tear of the season are weighing heavily on their bodies. They had to continue to play hard to win the Wild Card spot. On the other hand, the Red and Nats had big enough cushion that they could give guy's days off to get fresh legs, arms, whatever.

Archived