You Don't Know Bo

Jason

Did anyone else watch this on Saturday night?

Diva and I watched it and it was really good. It was amazing how gifted an athlete the guy was. I was never a fan of his when he played because I did not like the Raiders and he always killed us. But looking back he was one of the greatest football players I have ever seen. Had he played football full time and stayed healthy he would have gone down as the greatest RB ever.

Something funny happened while watching the show. I told Diva that at one point Rod Jones actually ran him down from behind. And not 2 minutes later they talked about that in the show.

I watched it yesterday. I liked the stories of him when he was a kid and in college. The dude was truly unreal, I actually liked him even though he did kill the Bengals.
Him and Barry Sanders are my favorite non Bengals of all time. To bad he got hurt like he did, it would have been awesome to see how great he would have been in football and baseball.
I recorded it on my dvr Saturday and I missed the last couple of minutes, because of the Heisman shit running over a little...

I watched it. I can't believe I didn't know more at the time. What a tragic end to what was an incredible career. He had already accomplished so much, and it was his strengths that led to his injury. No one else would have likely been strong enough to have caused the damage he caused on that fall/tackle.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1355261463' post='1191798']
You think you had it bad? What about poor Kansas City fans, who rooted for him during the baseball season with the Chiefs? Could you imagine a talented Reds player (like Joe Morgan) playing for Pittsburgh during the NFL season?!?
[/quote]
I grew up in KC during this time...and you are dead on. We would cheer him on in the summer and boo him in the winter...lol. When that deal first went down he got boo'ed at bat and then went yard to a standing O...good memories.

Archived