We're locked into the 21st pick in the 1st round

so I'm guessing after tonite we've seen the end of the Rey Maualuga apologists?

moving Vontaze into the middle and drafting 2 lb's out of the first 3 picks would not surprise me in the slightest....in fact I welcome it.

Keenan Allen, Arthur Brown and Chase Thomas 1, 2, 3 is sounding pretty damn good to me right about now.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' timestamp='1357439386' post='1205048']
[i][b]Or Shane Skov....I would not mind taking Barret Jones from Alabama to play Center..That would solve our problem there....[/b][/i]
[/quote]

ha you're preachin to the choir with Barrett Jones lol.....Barrett Jones and 2 LB's would be more than ok with me too. I'm really wanting a playmaker after tonite though.

[i][b]The WR from CAL Keenan Allen is a good one and the Bengals will have inside info on him from Marvin Jones...Maybe they will grab him.. But we desperately need a speed back also...with 2 deep threats at WR and Sanu in the slot we are set.. Just need to draft a good safety and a good LB...but drafting Barrett Jones to play Center solves that problem once and for all because Cook did not play to well after his injury. I would keep Robinson to play guard [/b][/i]

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1357439926' post='1205068']
I was always making excuses for Rey until the 5 game or so... Yeah.. he has to go
[/quote]

Thanks for leaving the dark side, Lb Minter, Lb Hodges, Lb Ogletree, lb Mosley and Brown are all options with first two picks

I like Skov too

Second half of the year Rey hasn't played bad. Houston is quite possibly the worst matchup he could have had. Houston is a reach block and cut back team. Rey is a straight forward guy who plugs. He doesn't have the speed to go outside and he can't cover a crossing route or stay with a guy because he's not athletic enough.

I still like Rey but he sucked balls tonight. He's not the "reason" we lost. How about Hawkins not coming back for the ball after Dalton runs for his life (that's football 101)? What about Gresham not being able to catch a football? How about Kyle Cook barely grazing their best defensive player?

Our coaching staff combined with our failed attempts to be consistent is what did us in.

Good work, defense. You did everything you could. The offense needed to step up and thy didn't. Gruden has just as much to work as the players.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1357440245' post='1205081']
Sucks ass that we went from "Super Bowl!" to draft position and offseason talk,
with a lot of venting mixed in, in the span of about 5 hours.
[/quote]

That's the way it goes. Gonna be a long few months until April.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' timestamp='1357440918' post='1205111']
[i][b]Patterson is a good WR as is Justin Hunter from Tennessee...I would take either of them [/b][/i]
[/quote]
I think Patterson has the higher upside, better athlete, and I love that he's a dynamic returner.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1357440838' post='1205107']
How about Cordarrelle Patterson from Tennessee in the 1st or 2a pick? Just started watching him and he reminds me of Randall Cobb. Get Tate the fuck outta here and replace him with Patterson.
[/quote]

I have been hyping him for a long time. Love his big play ability. Not sure he makes it to 21 but if he does, I would jump on it.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' timestamp='1357441054' post='1205120']
[i][b]You are probably right. I try to follow the draft prett closely Akili but I am no match for you. I have read a lot of your posts and your knowledge is far superior to mine...[/b][/i]
[/quote]
Hahaha I just make shit up most of the time ;)

I just follow draft prospects all season long so I know a lot about them. Just started really looking at the draft the last month or so. Watching videos and such.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1357441045' post='1205119']
I have been hyping him for a long time. Love his big play ability. Not sure he makes it to 21 but if he does, I would jump on it.
[/quote]
Seriously he's a bigger Randall Cobb. I would love the pick.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1357440838' post='1205107']
How about Cordarrelle Patterson from Tennessee in the 1st or 2a pick? Just started watching him and he reminds me of Randall Cobb. Get Tate the fuck outta here and replace him with Patterson.
[/quote]

I love Patterson he will probably go before #21 he reminds me Of wr Smith from Baltimore. I'm not a fan of hunter at all don't like his game

Archived