Who Are You Scouting? 2013 Draft

Kennan Allen WR

I still think he is the most complete, pro ready WR in the draft. He has scheme flexibility, lining up at X, Y and Z while at Cal. It's impossible to overstate how bad the QB was and that definitely hurt his production. I also think the injury and his subsequent absence from the pre draft festivities has hurt his profile among fans. I really hope he's good to go for his Pro Day.

Marquess Wilson WR

He has size and plenty of speed, good body control. He seems to lose focus sometimes and doesn't really do the little things well, from what I've seen. And that's before you even consider the bizarre ordeal that happened between him and the football program. IIRC, he was a top flight talent coming out of HS and has all the physical ability, if coaches think they can get his mind right, maybe spend a 6 on him.

Da'Rick Rogers (?) WR

All the video that I have seen is from his time at UT. He looks a lot like Mo. Big, strong and willing to take a hit. I think Mo is more athletic in the open field. Overall I'd say he is redundant with what we have and if it takes more than a 4 or 5, I'd pass.

Robert Woods WR

His listed size and speed don't do justice to how big he plays. Someone (maybe in the WR thread on the main forum), said it pretty well. He's a really nice player, seems to run good routes and has good hands but if it takes 2a or 2b I'd go in a different direction.

Cobi Hamilton WR

Scheme flexible, good routes. Not great in the open field and drops passes. Nothing higher than a 4.

Ellington is only a half inch taller and 3 pounds heavier.

Upon further review Rice is 5'8. Always thought he was 5'6. Their combine weights are both listed at 199. Ellington is listed at 5'9.4 and Rice exactly 5'8. Rice just seemed a lot more compact and thicker coming out. Ellington seems thin like Charles. They definitely carry their weight differently.

Upon further review Rice is 5'8. Always thought he was 5'6. Their combine weights are both listed at 199. Ellington is listed at 5'9.4 and Rice exactly 5'8. Rice just seemed a lot more compact and thicker coming out. Ellington seems thin like Charles. They definitely carry their weight differently.

Rice was 5'9 195 at his combine. Ellington was listed 5'9" 199 at his. Listed 5'9 1/2" at the Senior Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ray-rice?id=941

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-ellington?id=2539217

Rice was 5'9 195 at his combine. Ellington was listed 5'9" 199 at his. Listed 5'9 1/2" at the Senior Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ray-rice?id=941

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-ellington?id=2539217

Those profiles are made prior to the actual combine. Everywhere I've looked said ray rice is 5'8. Even his actual NFL.com player page and Ravens team page. Still even with the inch and a half difference their body types are different. Rice has short thick legs and Ellington is a little more long legged and thinner. 

Those profiles are made prior to the actual combine. Everywhere I've looked said ray rice is 5'8. Even his actual NFL.com player page and Ravens team page. Still even with the inch and a half difference their body types are different. Rice has short thick legs and Ellington is a little more long legged and thinner. 

The writings are, but the measurables are from the combine.

One of the things I noticed watching the combine this year was the various body types. Devin Taylor was gangly but he may be able to get up to 295. On the other hand Shamarko Thomas looked maxed, unless he actually morphs into a bowling ball.

But Ellington is closer to Charles than Rice. Probably slower.

Would DJ Fluker be a top 40 pick if he didn't play at Alabama? I just watched him for the first time and IMO he struggled in all three games I watched. Not awful, but certainly didn't look like a first rounder.

I really don't think so, he's never really impressed me much...other than his size. 

I don't want to watch any Fluker because it makes me sad to think that he could be our 1st round pick if we let Smith go.

Lol he's only the second offensive lineman I've watched so far, including guards and centers. I think Smith will be back once he learns he's not worth what he thinks he is, and I expect Roland back as well.

Sio Moore: 'Eh. Doesn't wow against Big East competition. Effort is an issue. He often won't play to the whistle and chase down a play if he thinks a teammate will make the tackle. Somewhat stiff in space. Much more comfortable as a rusher off the edge. Seems like a 3rd round 3-4 LB.

Watched a little more Arthur Brown. Probably the quickest sideline to sideline linebacker in the draft. He didn't play anywhere near the 241 pounds he was at the combine though. Maybe 225. Almost looks like a safety. Think he'd be a very good weakside linebacker in the NFL. 21 seems a little high and he may not last until 37. Would be thrilled to get him at 37.

Watched a little more Arthur Brown. Probably the quickest sideline to sideline linebacker in the draft. He didn't play anywhere near the 241 pounds he was at the combine though. Maybe 225. Almost looks like a safety. Think he'd be a very good weakside linebacker in the NFL. 21 seems a little high and he may not last until 37. Would be thrilled to get him at 37.

I'd be fine with him at 21 but would prefer him in the 24-27 range. Same with Elam. Don't want Lacy or T'eo at 21 but would also be ok with them in the late 20's.

Jamie Collins anyone?  Saw this scouting report on SBNation.

Collins turned heads at the combine and was always wildly productive for Southern Mississippi. He may not be a pure pass rusher, but in this mock draft, he's the best outside linebacker available. Collins only got better each year with the Golden Eagles and will continue to do so in the NFL. He's a player that can get up the field but also cover tight ends by himself.

Jamie Collins anyone?  Saw this scouting report on SBNation.

Collins turned heads at the combine and was always wildly productive for Southern Mississippi. He may not be a pure pass rusher, but in this mock draft, he's the best outside linebacker available. Collins only got better each year with the Golden Eagles and will continue to do so in the NFL. He's a player that can get up the field but also cover tight ends by himself.

my only two concerns with Collins are:  1) I don't think the Bengals will put much emphasis on SLB, and 2) he doesn't play as fast and athletic as he showed at the combine.

Archived