Who Are You Scouting? 2013 Draft

I think Chase Thomas is one of those guys that regardless of where he ends up at or what kind of system he ends up in, he's gonna always make plays.

3-4 DE/OLB or 4-3 OLB he'll end up being a core player for someone either way.

Taylor just doesn't seem like he would fit what we're looking for. He's a good back to get you 3-5 yards and the occasional 10-15 yarder. I've watched a couple games and I've yet to see any of the explosive "chunk" yardage plays over 20 yards. He's an awful lot like Green-Ellis. Gets hit behind the line a lot.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1359418416' post='1211524']
Watching Vaccaro and Elam.

Elam has more physicality and highlight reel appeal, but Vaccaro is the better all round safety imo and a better fit for us. I just hope he drops past the Steelers, then he's ours.
[/quote]

Agree. Elam is more physical, vacarro is a better coverage guy. They're pretty close IMO though. Texas also used Vacarro as a joker, lining him up all over the place.

TE Brandon Ford - could be a sleeper TE in the mid/late rounds.

You can teach technique, but you can't teach instincts..

(Turn the volume down)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk[/media]

Exactly what the defense needs. A quick twitch athlete who can break on a ball and make plays. Can see this guy making huge plays when we need them late in games. About the same size as Asante Samuel. Best case scenerio, is a more complete Asante Samuel, who can return the ball, and will get his nose dirty in the run game. Brings some swagger to the defense. Will be able to play gunner on punt, punt return, and kickoffs. He can sit back and learn with our depth, even though he may be able to play right away in a man-to-man scheme.

Worst case scenario, he makes as much impact as Dontay Moch. I don't see that happening though. The kid is a ball player. He knows he has to get his life in order to get a second payday.

I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I know if this guy goes somewhere else, he is going to be someone that we absolutely hate. Therefore, we should select him. PLZ.

WR Cordalle Patterson - interesting note that may hurt his draft prospects albeit slightly, he almost exclusively only lines up on the left side of the formation (though both in the slot and outside). The rare times he did line up on the right, it was for reverses and trick plays. Watched four games and he only ran 2 routes total from the right side. Surprised teams didn't pick up on that. Returned kicks and punts for Tennessee and often lined up at RB.

CB Logan Ryan: I don't think they need a CB at pick #37, but I wouldn't be disappointed at this guy at all. Really impressed by him and fits what they seem to want to be doing. His play is very reminiscent of Kirkpatrick at Alabama, but he's not as big but maybe a little more athletic. Would be a great fit scheme wise IMO.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1359572150' post='1211966']
LB Etienne Sabino - never came close to living up to his billing as the #1 LB of his high school recruiting class, however watching video of him now, he's far better than I ever thought he was. He has a future in the NFL, probably a 3rd round guy.
[/quote]

Nice find. Did he get benched last year?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1359572150' post='1211966']
LB Etienne Sabino - never came close to living up to his billing as the #1 LB of his high school recruiting class, however watching video of him now, he's far better than I ever thought he was. He has a future in the NFL, probably a 3rd round guy.
[/quote]

Yep, saw him yesterday while looking at LB's and was intrigued. Definitely got the cool name.

Archived