Bengals start re-signing some guys (Peerman, Miles, Rey, Hawkins, Huber, Harris, Nugent, Gillberry, Geathers, Maualuga, Jones, Roland, Tate, Quinn)

I'm not sure we should confuse analyzing a play with rocket science.  

It's not terribly difficult to tell if a player reads a play correctly, even if said player isn't aggressive in reacting to what he saw.

Then how do you tell? If he doesn't react how do you know?

I'm with Weston on the reading plays deal.   Unless you know what keys the Linebacker was assigned with what formation then it is terribly difficult to determine if the player is picking up those keys accurately or not. 

For example,  there are many LBs that have natural skill that allows them to screw the assigned read, the proper key and go against the assignment and still make a huge play.

This was Thurman's deal all the time.   Fans loved him because he made big notetable plays.  Marvin often took issue with his lack of discipline in the scheme.

A more appropriate example would be with Rey against the Ravens.   In Baltimore during the 2011 season,  Ray Rice busted a long carry.   I remember seeing on here that fans noted Rey charged the wrong the gap and thus assigning him responsible.    However, noted on the Radio is Zimmer got caught in a run blitz and the Ravens guessed correctly and the fail safe (Crocker) missed the tackle.

It's too complex at the NFL level for a fan to know exactly what the correct reaction was all the time. 

Archived