Bengals bring back Maualuga

So Jarvis Jones ran a 4.9 and a 4.95 according to Mayock, and former GM's like Casserly are saying he's going to fall hard.  That was right after he mentioned Suggs ran a 4.9 (but at 10 lbs heavier).  None of this meant much to me, until I saw the clips from the Pro Day.  In the three cone drill, I distinctly saw a lack of motor from Jones.  And then I remembered the last little snippet from the talking heads, that he's known to have workout issues (doesn't apply himself).  That IS concerning.

How hard does he fall, and is there a roll for him as a 3 down backer that acts a pass rushing joker on 3rd?

Jones dominated the SEC for 2 years, a percieved slow 40 time shouldn't hurt his draft stock. Casserly is a former GM for a reason and suggesting that Jones will fall hard because he .2 secs slower than some thought he should run is a reason. Jones is going to be a beast in the NFL.

Jones dominated the SEC for 2 years, a percieved slow 40 time shouldn't hurt his draft stock. Casserly is a former GM for a reason and suggesting that Jones will fall hard because he .2 secs slower than some thought he should run is a reason. Jones is going to be a beast in the NFL.

His draft stock was in question way before this. Some teams questioned if the top 10 skills were there.

no idea....I know marv said last week that he was hoping they could get something done. 

Are they talking to him?

I'm sure they are in communication with him, they want to see him be able to pass a physical. He tore is ACL in the middle of Sept which was about 6 months ago..hopefully he will be ready to go in the next month, before the draft would be nice.

His draft stock was in question way before this. Some teams questioned if the top 10 skills were there.

In two seasons Jarvis recorded 155 tackles, 43.5 for a loss, 28 sacks, 9 forces fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, and 1 int. His production on the field vs. the best competition in CFB is second to none. He's the best defensive player in the draft, by far...he'll be a top 10 pick..I guarantee it.

How can u question his skills when he up those types of numbers vs. guys who will going in the first round of the draft?

In two seasons Jarvis recorded 155 tackles, 43.5 for a loss, 28 sacks, 9 forces fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, and 1 int. His production on the field vs. the best competition in CFB is second to none. He's the best defensive player in the draft, by far...he'll be a top 10 pick..I guarantee it.

How can u question his skills when he up those types of numbers vs. guys who will going in the first round of the draft?

Dudes on NFL radio have been all over this for over a month. Actual scouts were saying 2nd round while other scouts we're saying what you did above.

Some questioned the guys elite skills for a supposed top10 pick.

My comments above, I was just trying to say some teams probably weren't shocked and probably had him downgraded before these poor workout numbers.

Dudes on NFL radio have been all over this for over a month. Actual scouts were saying 2nd round while other scouts we're saying what you did above.

Some questioned the guys elite skills for a supposed top10 pick.

My comments above, I was just trying to say some teams probably weren't shocked and probably had him downgraded before these poor workout numbers.

Any scout who thinks he's a second round talent should be drug test and then fired for incompentency,,or they are trying to talk him down so they can draft when their team picks late in the first round.

Rex Ryan said Jones had a terrible workout, but I guarantee you he will let Jarvis lick his wife's feet if he had a chance to draft this guy. Some guys play faster when the pads are on and the game is live...give me a guy with crazy production like Jones and a bad workout vs. a guy who runs kills the combine but doesn't have the production. After all this football not a fitness competition, meaning workout warriors don't always know how to play the game and Jarvis knows football,

Everything I heard said that was for the medical issue. 

I know there were some that said he wouldn't test well, but I didn't hear that his skills were in question.

Everything I heard said that was for the medical issue. 

I know there were some that said he wouldn't test well, but I didn't hear that his skills were in question.

NFL radio has all these dudes on GMs, Scouts, former stuff.    The guys that everyone is agreement on their draft stock get talked about but eventually fall off the topic list because not much to be discussed.

Jones and the Safety that everyone want from Texas Vaccaro (?????).   They generated alot of discussion over the past couple months.   In the case of Jones some of it has been medical but there have been some that question the elite first step etc.    Doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't go top 10.     But you notice how everyone is solid on prospects like the tackles and D-line prospects because they don't talk about them as much.   There varying opinion on Jones.

Archived